Will Mitchell Eat Less Sacks With A New Ball Snapper?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The problem is the posters around here who report posts. That awakens the Banmaster who will then read the Bears forum, and bannings take place. The truth is that the Banmaster loves the homer talk. I'm guessing because at the end of the day he gets to swoop in and make an important point that is smarter than the homer postings. Of course, I rarely ever see the Banmaster actually talk about sports. In the Bulls forum sure, but never in either of the MLB (btw, pointless to have two forums), and certainly never the Bears forum.

I mean, never. I have never seen one post from the Banmaster in the Bears forum. Yet, that is where the "trolls" migrate apparently.

In 6 years I've never reported a post, if I have a problem with a poster, I speak up and deal with it like an adult. I have no respect for any one that goes crying to the mods like a child crying to mommy.

Did a new Bears boars pop up somewhere. Banning Grimson is what mods do to destroy competing boards. Grimson & co. migrate to takes those over and writings are on the wall.

That is a well crafted post, for a guy having a stroke.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In 6 years I've never reported a post, if I have a problem with a poster, I speak up and deal with it like an adult. I have no respect for any one that goes crying to the mods like a child crying to mommy.

That would be the poster known as Alpha Male.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

My hurried tense editing fucks me again.
giphy.gif

Run and Shit is a cereal post reporter.
maxresdefault.jpg

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/94392-Whitehair-and-the-Center-position?highlight=

I called this back in January. Kirk Ferentz said Daniels is the smartest C he has ever coached. Kirk has been in the NFL as an OL coach and a college HC since 1999. Daniels is literally slated to be an all pro basically. I think right off the bat, you start Daniels at C and have him learn that position because he will be better there then Whitehair. Move Whitehair back to G and let him just be a road grader. There will be much less sacks eaten by Mitchell in this scenario. I'd wager 30 or less.

He also said this after Daniels declared for the draft.

James is a hell of a developmental prospect, if you will,” Ferentz said. "In my mind he could go and play guard for anybody next year, just about anybody in the league."

Good players can play anywhere usually, so I think James will do a great job at left guard and that will give him a chance to really kind of get used to the speed, the technique, all the things,” Ferentz said. “It’s always a big step going (from) college to the pros and there is going to be a lot of adjusting he is going to have to make, learning all the things the Bears want him to do. As a former line coach, I can tell you it’s always good to have players that have position versatility, and he certainly has that.”

He also mentioned Hiestand and the NE line coach as the best so why don't we just let our great OL coach figure this out.

He did say Daniels is as about as good a college C as he's seen so he may end up there at the next level but he's young and has a lot of work to do. Let him hit the weights, learn the calls from G and allow Hiestand to work his magic.

LG is actually a great fit for Daniels because of his measurables, smarts and natural pass defense ability though he'll need to not get stood up at this level. Great O lines give each other a good deal of help when they can and Daniels should be an asset to Leno. I think the staff sees his size and mobility a good fit for a G that can pull and lead. Pace has been looking for a combo of size and mobility at this spot for years and finally got it.

I don't care where they end up but I suspect C is Whitehair's this year. Bears are out of rebuilding mode with a more complex O. Let the kid play where he can more easily acclimate and let it work itself out. Even his college coach played him at G his sophomore year for the same reasons.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He also said this after Daniels declared for the draft.

James is a hell of a developmental prospect, if you will,” Ferentz said. "In my mind he could go and play guard for anybody next year, just about anybody in the league."

Good players can play anywhere usually, so I think James will do a great job at left guard and that will give him a chance to really kind of get used to the speed, the technique, all the things,” Ferentz said. “It’s always a big step going (from) college to the pros and there is going to be a lot of adjusting he is going to have to make, learning all the things the Bears want him to do. As a former line coach, I can tell you it’s always good to have players that have position versatility, and he certainly has that.”

He also mentioned Hiestand and the NE line coach as the best so why don't we just let our great OL coach figure this out.

He did say Daniels is as about as good a college C as he's seen so he may end up there at the next level but he's young and has a lot of work to do. Let him hit the weights, learn the calls from G and allow Hiestand to work his magic.

LG is actually a great fit for Daniels because of his measurables, smarts and natural pass defense ability though he'll need to not get stood up at this level. Great O lines give each other a good deal of help when they can and Daniels should be an asset to Leno. I think the staff sees his size and mobility a good fit for a G that can pull and lead. Pace has been looking for a combo of size and mobility at this spot for years and finally got it.

I don't care where they end up but I suspect C is Whitehair's this year. Bears are out of rebuilding mode with a more complex O. Let the kid play where he can more easily acclimate and let it work itself out. Even his college coach played him at G his sophomore year for the same reasons.

A nice, well thought out post. I'm of the opinion they drafted Daniels to play C and if that's the case, I see no reason in delaying him playing that position. Throw him to the wolves and let him have his growing pains the same time that Trubisky has his growing pains in the offense. The Bears have some flexibility on the line which is a welcome sight, tbh. If Whitehair stays at C and Daniels starts at LG, then the Bears should keep it that way in future years and not switch them around.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can still enjoy the musings of Novak and some other quality posters in the Premium Content Donators only Forum.
http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/138-Village-of-the-Banned

It would be best if the more sensitive CCS users like playthrough2001 avoid that place, they wouldn't like it.

"Premium" content? "You gotta" - as Hawk Harrelson once said - "be bleepin' me" . . . The Rushster so graciously opened that forum (sing: forii) for banned posters to show us what we've been missing in their absence, and all they've done is complain about a fine board administrator in Crys(ler), tell each other to "fvvk off," and bvtch about the shoopster, who's just tried to help enliven the forum they've deadened. At least Ur(cr)ock stopped begging for random drawings to unban the banned.

The only thing that's premium over there is the shoopster, and you fellas don't even appreciate him . . . Sheesh, and I don't mean the poster . . .

Last edited:

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Premiu" content? "You gotta" - as Hawk Harrelson once said - "be bleepin' me" . . . The Rushster so graciously opened that forum (sing: forii) for banned posters to show us what we've been missing in their absence, and all they've done is complain about a fine board administrator in Crys(ler), tell each other to "fvvk off," and bvtch about the shoopster, who's just tried to help enliven the forum they've deadened. At least Ur(cr)ock stopped begging for random drawings to unban the banned.

The only thing that's premium over there is the shoopster, and you fellas don't even appreciate him . . . Sheesh, and I don't mean the poster . . .

So full of shit =Shitster

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think I have ever read a full post of his. There are folks here who think the shtick works for some reason. The reality is, it drives traffic..........elsewhere.

I'll never know whatever his message is either, if there is one.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
"Premium" content? "You gotta" - as Hawk Harrelson once said - "be bleepin' me" . . . The Rushster so graciously opened that forum (sing: forii) for banned posters to show us what we've been missing in their absence, and all they've done is complain about a fine board administrator in Crys(ler), tell each other to "fvvk off," and bvtch about the shoopster, who's just tried to help enliven the forum they've deadened. At least Ur(cr)ock stopped begging for random drawings to unban the banned.

TL;DR
I did notice you came back and edited it 40 minutes after posting, that's funny.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
TL;DR
I did notice you came back and edited it 40 minutes after posting, that's funny.

There's no time limit on proper spelling, "blunder"51 . . .

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Imagine the drop in Sacks Eaten with a move like that @HawkBear

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Imagine the drop in Sacks Eaten with a move like that @HawkBear

I know, I've quite literally been pounding my fists on the table before we even drafted Daniels. Mitch wouldn't be running for his life and chasing balls all over the field.