IST: Cubs @ Reds

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Did I say .267?

.273. ��

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Is it pouring? (I am in St Louis, where no fucking sports bar gets any event other than cards)

It's not a downpour, it's just a steady, soaking rain. The infield is needing Diamond Dray every half inning, the grass is wet, and the radar shows that harder rain could develop at literally any moment.

As much as wanting to get a game-- in which we've scored fairly well -- past the 5th inning, I didn't want to even think about what Lester (who has been loudly lamenting the fact that it rains *every* time he is scheduled to start) would have said if his start had ended up not counting...

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He’ right. It rained him out last night. Two delays in a recent start. Seems like a fluky weather season.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Don’t look now but our solid defensive SS is batting .267. Higher than Javy.

Javy isn’t a high standard to beat. Especially that .293 OBP. He needs to figure out the strike zone. Any P that throws him a strike right now is sleeping at the wheel.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Holy crap... was checking in on the minor league games and South Bend had 7 errors. Rollie Lacy gave up 9 runs of which 1 was earned.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Between Baez and Russell
The cubs have 2 high defensive MI with very inconsistent offense

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Did I say .267?

.273. ��
We just seen him do this last week when he went 3 for 3 and raised average to .261
Then he goes 3 for 17 to drop to .250

Kid needs to stay consistent

TL1961

Liked Posts:
LOL....Happ

Bases loaded, 3-0, he strikes out.

Glad it’s in a situation that doesn’t matter.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
LOL....Happ

Bases loaded, 3-0, he strikes out.

Glad it’s in a situation that doesn’t matter.

Happ was on the verge of walking four times in the same game in which Russell had 4 hits. That would be Halley’s comet level shit.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
We just seen him do this last week when he went 3 for 3 and raised average to .261
Then he goes 3 for 17 to drop to .250

Kid needs to stay consistent

Agreed. I get frustrated because I always expect so much more from Russell. On base 5 times tonight. Would love to see more power/OPS. But trending favorably

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
You know for all the hand wringing cubs fans do it's worth noting that this team is 4th in runs/g and 8th in runs against/g. And the interesting aspect of that is there's still meat on that bone. Starting pitching can be a lot better and several bats have been suppressed.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You know for all the hand wringing cubs fans do it's worth noting that this team is 4th in runs/g and 8th in runs against/g. And the interesting aspect of that is there's still meat on that bone. Starting pitching can be a lot better and several bats have been suppressed.

Don't waste your breath....it's a forum filled with "glass half empty" people. Even when they win, there's always someone bitching about something.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

There truly is a lot of meatbon the bone. The discussion usually is about the fact that the team can score 30 in a three game series and lose one of the three 3-1.

The starting pitching will be a strength. Lester, once again, is quietly among Top 15 in MLB in ERA, and seems to be struggling to many.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Problem with those stats is they score a bunch of runs for a few games and then they go a bunch of games 3 or less..
In a 10 game span, They can score 30 runs in 3 games and then just 20 in other 7 and still come away averaging 5 runs per..
Inconsistent offense is main reason why they haven't been able to pull away at this point..

Really look at this team, they got a bunch of streaky hitters on it ..
They get hot for a week , then they can't buy a hit ..
Bryant right now is the only one that been consistent all year

The starting pitching will come around as a whole.. their all too good not to..
I just hope when they do, the bullpen isn't gassed from carrying the load to that point..
Now their entering games mostly in the 5th/6th inning , these starters gotta start going at least 6 alot more from here on out to save the pen

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
So Lester has 99 pitches, 4 run lead, day night double header might be played today, and Maddon pulls him to start burning thru relievers.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I'm really liking Justin Hancock..