2018 NFL QB tiers: From franchise guys to just guys, where your likely starter ranks

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cousins is 26-30-1

Jay Cutler had a slightly better winning percentage......Cousins is not a proven winner....I think the key to being a proven winner is actually winning.....I guess La Canfora put him as a top pro portion of the category....

Exactly,which is why i questioned his position. Does la confora not understand the concept of winning?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly,which is why i questioned his position. Does la confora not understand the concept of winning?

La Canfora certainly doesn't win with his reporting or twitter account.

I don't have a problem with his rankings...he has Cousins at 11.....that sounds about right last year.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Most of the cunting from stuff like this won't be about Trubisky being ranked where he is, it will be because other young QBs got a more positive review, especially Watson and Garoppolo, the admiration of whom are CCS felonies.

I don't see how Watson and Garappolo can't be ranked higher than Trubisky based off actual play. Now, if Watson was not getting off crutches this year, that would be different. Watson clearly showed more than Trubisky last year. To me, that was to be expected given Watson had far more experience in college and played on a big stage multiple times. To those ready to bash me for that opinion - I am a huge Trubs fan and believe he'll be up there with Watson given time.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Your hatred of me is showing

Goodness me, drama much? I don't have hatred for the biggest cunts in my real life, far less you. You are one of many anonymous names on a message board with whom the most significant issues I've had are disagreements about football. If this board or football are important enough to instill hatred in you, I would get an appointment for some kind of evaluation asap.

LaCanfora just said he almost ranked a guy as a rising star based on 1 game.

But he didn't, even though he clearly likes his potential going into a rock solid system like that.

But then again, you are the fella that labeled a guy generational after a career total 6 game

I think I called him a generational talent before any of these games, because I thought he was such a special talent coming out of college. His performance pre-injury in the NFL merely gave a short burst of confirmation of what I suspected.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Cousins is 26-30-1

Jay Cutler had a slightly better winning percentage......Cousins is not a proven winner....I think the key to being a proven winner is actually winning.....I guess La Canfora put him as a top pro portion of the category....
Or Stafford with his 60-65 career record. He's a stats whore but not a winner.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think I called him a generational talent before any of these games, because I thought he was such a special talent coming out of college. His performance pre-injury in the NFL merely gave a short burst of confirmation of what I suspected.
:speechless:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Also why would La Confora rank verdict is still out below placeholders and good luck?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
By the end of this season we will probably have a decent gauge on Trubisky, Mahomes , Watson and Jimmy G. No sooner than that. We have seen many first year wonders collapse, and seen first year disasters turn out just fine.

My money was and would still be on Trubisky, which also ties in with the way they were drafted by the GMs and huge scouting teams in the NFL.

Washington

Liked Posts:
It is hard some times to be a winner when you are 1 of 22 starters. Some times, a team's end result is controlled more by the GM and the coaching. Perhaps if the overall talent and coaching was better on some teams, the stats whores could actually win more games.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would have Ryan above Newton( who is by far the most overrated on this list, not Wilson, sorry) any day of the week. Not sure Cousins deserves tier two status, this year will tell. I am aware of his "conditions" but I think that was just an excuse for his personal Bias. I would like to see a list of QB rankings under the assumption that your a new GM putting together a team, and you can have anyone of the Veteran QB's for five years @28-30 mil per season average, or anyone of the Rookie/2nd year QB's for 5 years and 8-10 mill per season.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or Stafford with his 60-65 career record. He's a stats whore but not a winner.

He leads the league over the last 4 years in come from behind victories in the 4th quarter and is already top ten in it's history. Dam Stat whore........

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He leads the league over the last 4 years in come from behind victories in the 4th quarter and is already top ten in it's history. Dam Stat whore........

Wow that's really cool, too bad he couldn't win games win it matters though.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many Superbowls or playoff wins would the Lions have if Brady or Rodgers were on the Lions in the Stafford years?

More than what they got with Stafford obviously, but that could be true for a lot of teams having Brady or Rodgers.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
More than what they got with Stafford obviously, but that could be true for a lot of teams having Brady or Rodgers.

I'm not so sure, and if so, it wouldn't be significant. The point of the matter, it's not Stafford that is holding the Lions back (at lest not in the last 3-5 years).

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Helps when you are always behind in the 4th quarter and have tons of opportunities. He has 26 come from behind victories and 68 losses including his 0-3 playoff record in 128 games meaning the Lions are either behind or lose in the 4th quarter 73% of the time. So he has a come from behind to win% of 27.6%

Rarely leads going into the 4th quarter.
Guides his team to a win 1 in 4 times in those games in which they are losing.
Has 1 less playoff win than Jay Cutlers 1.

Sounds like a real winner to me.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It is hard some times to be a winner when you are 1 of 22 starters. Some times, a team's end result is controlled more by the GM and the coaching. Perhaps if the overall talent and coaching was better on some teams, the stats whores could actually win more games.
So Stafford is invoking the Cutler defense?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

He hasn't really helped the Lions win anything. He is under .500 and hasn't won a single playoff game......no one should classify that as a winner.

Just trying to be objective.