2018 NFL QB tiers: From franchise guys to just guys, where your likely starter ranks

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Stafford is invoking the Cutler defense?

So, your saying Stafford should be playing defense as well? His offense is top 10 over the last 5 years in passing, all while having zero running game, he has more comeback victories over the last three than anyone, but he is not a winner. LOL.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He hasn't really helped the Lions win anything. He is under .500 and hasn't won a single playoff game......no one should classify that as a winner.

Just trying to be objective.

He single handedly put the Lions on his back and took them into the playoffs in 2016, but because he lost, well.......loser....got it.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, your saying Stafford should be playing defense as well? His offense is top 10 over the last 5 years in passing, all while having zero running game, he has more comeback victories over the last three than anyone, but he is not a winner. LOL.

He is not a winner. You should have this debate with your fellow Lions fans on a LIONS Message board.

Washington

Liked Posts:
So Stafford is invoking the Cutler defense?

I never mentioned Stafford specifically, but, the QB can't take all the onus for not winning when the cast around him is poor or the coaching (e.g. play calling) is poor. Often times, too much blame goes to the QB and too much praise goes to the QB. He is only 1 of 22 starters and can't make the OL open holes, protect, or help a WR get open and catch the ball.

I do agree with you that the come from behind mantra is overrated on occasion. Favre was routinely praised for his come from behind heroics but people often forgot how his interceptions earlier in the game often caused them to be losing.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He single handedly put the Lions on his back and took them into the playoffs in 2016, but because he lost, well.......loser....got it.

To get the title of winner you have to win something....

unless you are in the third grade and in a flower picking contest.....then everyone's a winner....

FoCo

Liked Posts:
To get the title of winner you have to win something....

unless you are in the third grade and in a flower picking contest.....then everyone's a winner....

I don't know about flowers but I've seen Stafford pick grass.
staffordgrass-600x337.jpg

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What has he won? Real question. What has he done other than put up big numbers? Has he elevated average players like Brady does? Or Brees? Or Rodgers? No he just squander the career of the best WR of the last decade, causing him to quit in his prime.

And again who gives a fuck about his stats. Since 2011, since he has started every game he is second in yards, completions and attempts, but 23rd in completion %, 25th in TD %, 27th in yards/att, 18th in passer rating and tied with me for last in playoff wins.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What has he won? Real question. What has he done other than put up big numbers? Has he elevated average players like Brady does? Or Brees? Or Rodgers? No he just squander the career of the best WR of the last decade, causing him to quit in his prime.

And again who gives a fuck about his stats. Since 2011, since he has started every game he is second in yards, completions and attempts, but 23rd in completion %, 25th in TD %, 27th in yards/att, 18th in passer rating and tied with me for last in playoff wins.

Hahahaha! Good one.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
By the end of this season we will probably have a decent gauge on Trubisky, Mahomes , Watson and Jimmy G. No sooner than that. We have seen many first year wonders collapse, and seen first year disasters turn out just fine.

My money was and would still be on Trubisky, which also ties in with the way they were drafted by the GMs and huge scouting teams in the NFL.

But it's so much more fun to make snap judgments off of one season..... or even one game. :)

I mean that always works amirite?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But it's so much more fun to make snap judgments off of one season..... or even one game. :)

I mean that always works amirite?

Of course. I remember people wanting to ditch Forte for Jeremy Langford after a couple of games when Forte got injured. This shit happens all the time. You are right!

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Of course. I remember people wanting to ditch Forte for Jeremy Langford after a couple of games when Forte got injured. This shit happens all the time. You are right!

LOL. I forgot about that.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Listening to a Bears fan make judgments about competent QB play is funny as hell.

Matthew Stafford has the third-most passing yards of any player in the NFL before turning 30 years old. With 30,303 yards, he trails behind former Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning (33,189 yards) and Hall of Famer Dan Marino (31,830 yards).

Stafford reached 30,000 career passing yards in just 109 career games – the fastest any quarterback has ever gotten to 30,000 passing yards since the 1970 merger of the AFL and NFL.

Going into the 2017 NFL season, Stafford is looking to extend his six-year streak of 4,000-yard seasons. Only New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees (11 and counting) and former quarterback Peyton Manning (8) have achieved more consecutive 4,000-yard seasons (mission accomplished)

Matthew Stafford has seven more late game victories than any other quarterback over the last five seasons. The eight he accomplished last season set a single-season NFL record. With 25 career fourth quarter comebacks, Stafford has the most fourth quarter comebacks in the NFL since 2009.

His 2011 season (5,038 passing yards) makes him one of five players in NFL history with a 5,000-yard passing season. Out of the other quarterbacks, only Drew Brees (5 seasons) has more than a single 5,000-yard passing season.

Matt Stafford Owns the Bears. If Trubisky ever even approaches Stafford, Bears fans will be doing cartwheels.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Listening to a Bears fan make judgments about competent QB play is funny as hell.

Matthew Stafford has the third-most passing yards of any player in the NFL before turning 30 years old. With 30,303 yards, he trails behind former Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning (33,189 yards) and Hall of Famer Dan Marino (31,830 yards).

Stafford reached 30,000 career passing yards in just 109 career games – the fastest any quarterback has ever gotten to 30,000 passing yards since the 1970 merger of the AFL and NFL.

Going into the 2017 NFL season, Stafford is looking to extend his six-year streak of 4,000-yard seasons. Only New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees (11 and counting) and former quarterback Peyton Manning (8) have achieved more consecutive 4,000-yard seasons (mission accomplished)

Matthew Stafford has seven more late game victories than any other quarterback over the last five seasons. The eight he accomplished last season set a single-season NFL record. With 25 career fourth quarter comebacks, Stafford has the most fourth quarter comebacks in the NFL since 2009.

His 2011 season (5,038 passing yards) makes him one of five players in NFL history with a 5,000-yard passing season. Out of the other quarterbacks, only Drew Brees (5 seasons) has more than a single 5,000-yard passing season.

Matt Stafford Owns the Bears. If Trubisky ever even approaches Stafford, Bears fans will be doing cartwheels.

Great. So what has he won?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Not if their W-L column is equal. That's all we care about.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If in 8 years trubisky has Stafford like stats but the Bears STILL haven’t won a single playoff game then no one is going to care. Cutler set some bear QB records, who cares.

He won a playoff game too. Cutler/ Stafford

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

To stay in PO contention last season the Lions couldn't beat the 5-9 Bungles... week 14. That game was there for the taking but an absolutely pathetic effort by the heartless Lions who obviously are a team that has no leadership, looking at you Matt Stafford. He has good stats though.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Matthew Stafford has...individual stat, blah blah, individual stat, blah blah, individual stat, blah blah.

If Trubisky ever even approaches Stafford, Bears fans will be doing cartwheels.
How is this post fucking moronic, let me count the ways.
1) the stupidity that is saying a fan of another team has no idea what a competent_________ looks like.
2) diverting from the topic of being a winner by listing individual stats.
3) ignoring the single most important statistic when judging a winner, wins and losses.

Of the 34 QB's with 108+ (12/season) starts in the first 9 years of their career since 1960:
Stafford ranks 25th in wins and 6th worst in losses and is 7th worst in winning %.

But since Bears fans can judge QB's, you must think Lions fans have no clue what a playoff win looks like since it has been 26 years and the franchise has the longest playoff losing streak in league history at 9 games.

You have yet to define in what way Stafford is a winner. I understand your reluctance.

Last edited:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
People taking obvious troll thread seriously.

LOL