2018 NFL QB tiers: From franchise guys to just guys, where your likely starter ranks

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are becoming a dopier caricature of an already cartoonish fool .

It's like this:
url.gif

is becoming this:

635945581299859315192456376_5500067_orig.jpg

Soon to be this:
images
You're such an emo bitch.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well then you just aren't trying very hard. MT was Pace's guy, right or wrong we shall see, and he has all the tools. Jury is still out we'll know in a year or so. But to most, the reason went after MT is easy to understand.
To be fair, "most" of you are used to seeing the Bears make bad decisions and lose. Then you act like they got it all right... until they still lose. It's a vicious cycle. "Has all the tools"...hmmm, where have I heard that before?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't get why not? You can understand why other teams go out of their way to trade up and get their franchise QB, but you don't get why the Bears did? Even if the Bears didn't have that winning mentality you mentioned, what team shouldn't be looking for their franchise QB and pulling the trigger when they have a chance?

I get you don't like Trubs, but your logic in this makes little to no sense. Though, if you can clarify, I'd like to hear it.
I didn't like or dislike him. He was always iffy. I was for Mahomes. KC did what they did cause they had a well thought out plan. Houston did what they did cause they were in desperate need of a QB who was not foreign to winning. Bears did what they did cause Pace sucks. They had no plan in place, just kind of an idea that maybe it would work in the end. Not a bad idea to roll the dice every now and then. Really worried another team will trade up and take Trubisky? Let them, there's still other viable candidates left.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Listening to a Bears fan make judgments about competent QB play is funny as hell.

Matthew Stafford has the third-most passing yards of any player in the NFL before turning 30 years old. With 30,303 yards, he trails behind former Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning (33,189 yards) and Hall of Famer Dan Marino (31,830 yards).

Stafford reached 30,000 career passing yards in just 109 career games – the fastest any quarterback has ever gotten to 30,000 passing yards since the 1970 merger of the AFL and NFL.

Going into the 2017 NFL season, Stafford is looking to extend his six-year streak of 4,000-yard seasons. Only New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees (11 and counting) and former quarterback Peyton Manning (8) have achieved more consecutive 4,000-yard seasons (mission accomplished)

Matthew Stafford has seven more late game victories than any other quarterback over the last five seasons. The eight he accomplished last season set a single-season NFL record. With 25 career fourth quarter comebacks, Stafford has the most fourth quarter comebacks in the NFL since 2009.

His 2011 season (5,038 passing yards) makes him one of five players in NFL history with a 5,000-yard passing season. Out of the other quarterbacks, only Drew Brees (5 seasons) has more than a single 5,000-yard passing season.

Matt Stafford Owns the Bears. If Trubisky ever even approaches Stafford, Bears fans will be doing cartwheels.

This is a classic case of letting aggregate stats fool you because you ignored the efficiency stats. The primary reason that Stafford puts up so many passing yards each season is because he has an absurd number of passing attempts each season. Throwing for 4000+ yards isn't actually impressive at all if you needed 700+ attempts to do it.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
To be fair, "most" of you are used to seeing the Bears make bad decisions and lose. Then you act like they got it all right... until they still lose. It's a vicious cycle. "Has all the tools"...hmmm, where have I heard that before?

Are you predicting Mitch is a bum?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

So tell me, how do I act? The point is neither one of us knows and I am not claiming that he is Chicago’s savior. But my mind works well enough to be open to the chance that Chicago finally got one right. It is way too early for definitive answers and I suspect you aren’t so foolish to believe anyone knows what will happen.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I didn't like or dislike him. He was always iffy. I was for Mahomes. KC did what they did cause they had a well thought out plan. Houston did what they did cause they were in desperate need of a QB who was not foreign to winning. Bears did what they did cause Pace sucks. They had no plan in place, just kind of an idea that maybe it would work in the end. Not a bad idea to roll the dice every now and then. Really worried another team will trade up and take Trubisky? Let them, there's still other viable candidates left.

Mahomes has so many question marks for me. Accuracy, decision making, ability to read defenses and go through progression. He has some of the worst footwork I have ever seen. He has a good team around him and coaching so we will see what he is made of. Same for Mitch. But I think Mitch is better in all aspects I mentioned.

There should be no excuses for either QB so it will be fun to watch. They are both in a position to succeed.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

To be fair all of us are actors playing the role of bears fans

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you predicting Mitch is a bum?
I said nothing so disparaging. let's just say he's no Jimmy Garoppolo.
So tell me, how do I act? The point is neither one of us knows and I am not claiming that he is Chicago’s savior. But my mind works well enough to be open to the chance that Chicago finally got one right. It is way too early for definitive answers and I suspect you aren’t so foolish to believe anyone knows what will happen.
You act like a stupid meatball. Frankly, you make me sick.

Mahomes has so many question marks for me. Accuracy, decision making, ability to read defenses and go through progression. He has some of the worst footwork I have ever seen. He has a good team around him and coaching so we will see what he is made of. Same for Mitch. But I think Mitch is better in all aspects I mentioned.

There should be no excuses for either QB so it will be fun to watch. They are both in a position to succeed.
Yeah, there are question marks but he has the right coaching to come up with the right answers.

To be fair all of us are actors playing the role of bears fans
That would, at least, make sense cause you damn sure don't act like you know the first thing about the Bears or the game of football in general.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Most of the cunting from stuff like this won't be about Trubisky being ranked where he is, it will be because other young QBs got a more positive review, especially Watson and Garoppolo, the admiration of whom are CCS felonies.

Yet no one has brought it up until now.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I’m fine with being ranked with Mahomes, josh Allen though lol. Watson and Jimmy G deserve to be higher based on what they did last year.

Until our guy throws for more than one td in a game it’s perfectly logical to put him in the wait and see group. He is right we do have a rookie hc, our qb hasn’t thrown 2 td in a game, that said, as a fan, I’m excited!

What matters is what tier Trubisky ends up the year in.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:

But what exactly is KC's or Houston's plan that is so vastly different from the Bears? They get their QB, surround them with good coaching, good players and good O-Line. Isn't that the formula like every single team tries to use? Seems like that's exactly what Pace is doing? I don't get how you think they're all different.

Now, if you think the trade up was stupid, then sure, that's fine. But if the Bears saw Trubisky as their future franchise QB above all other options in that draft, then they decided to pull the trigger on it. Whether it's successful or not will depend on what Pace does next, but seems like he has a plan in place no?

I'm genuinely curious what you see so differently between the teams and what makes the Bears seem like they have zero plan while the other two teams somehow have a master plan from your perspective.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
But what exactly is KC's or Houston's plan that is so vastly different from the Bears? They get their QB, surround them with good coaching, good players and good O-Line. Isn't that the formula like every single team tries to use? Seems like that's exactly what Pace is doing? I don't get how you think they're all different.

Now, if you think the trade up was stupid, then sure, that's fine. But if the Bears saw Trubisky as their future franchise QB above all other options in that draft, then they decided to pull the trigger on it. Whether it's successful or not will depend on what Pace does next, but seems like he has a plan in place no?

I'm genuinely curious what you see so differently between the teams and what makes the Bears seem like they have zero plan while the other two teams somehow have a master plan from your perspective.

Certainly no need for the trade up and if that was in Pace’s brain going into the draft then why not pull the trigger on Wentz the year before like he wanted to but was too chicken shit to give up too much? People want to give Pace credit for getting his man at Qb but that shit doesn’t impress me. He knew coming in Cutler was just there til the terms of his contract allowed for his dismissal. So, really, it’s not about how he got his man but what he settled for when the team became desperate enough.

There’s more luck involved in getting your franchise qb than most people think anyway. That’s why I say if you were worried another team would trade up and get him, just let them knowing you have at least 2 other options. Did the Pats need panic and do whatever it took to get Brady? Did the Packers go into desperation mode when they got Rodgers? Did the Hawks say we have to do whatever it takes to get Wilson.... in the third round? You have to spot the talent when it’s there but why wait last second for the most important position? You just lose more options and the situation takes control of you rather than vice versa so you can’t sell me that the Trubster is gonna be a franchise QB cause Pace traded up and got his man. There’s a very good chance he got the worst of those 3 options available to him that draft and the fleecing could have been avoided.

KC trades up for Mahomes cause they knew they had what he needed to get NFL ready and they knew they were only sticking with their current QB for 1 more year.

Houston traded up for Watson cause they had just gotten rid of a bust QB of their own and knew the right QB was the final piece of the puzzle for them.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Chicago swapped picks with SF and gave up 3rd round choices. To move up to get Wentz they would have had to give up multiple first round picks. Why are we still discussing this????

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said nothing so disparaging. let's just say he's no Jimmy Garoppolo.
You act like a stupid meatball. Frankly, you make me sick.
l.

Glad I accomplished something!

Been a fan since early 70s. My meatball days ended in the late 80s. I try to be pragmatic and a bit optimistic. Not pessimistic and close minded; particularly on matters yet to be resolved.