IST: Indians vs Cubs

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Maybe it time to put Chatwood in the pen and start Montgomery...

Or go with both every 5th game

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It's time to sit Rizzo's pop out happy ass.

Give him a couple days off.

The minute Bryant wound up on 2nd, Rizzo was an automatic out.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Chatwood has been playing with fire all year long. It was only a matter of time before his WHIP bit him in the ass and his ERA normalized.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Can Chili Fuckin' Davis introduce himself to Rizzo and work on that exaggerated shoulder drop???

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Yeah, well, Javy ruined it by stealing second. Had he not done that, we wouldn't have stranded a RISP... ;)

We are one of the worst teams in baseball with RISP. So not surprising. :yep:

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Thank goodness for that homerun...
Lol

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Can Chili Fuckin' Davis introduce himself to Rizzo and work on that exaggerated shoulder drop???

They have claimed he has been with Chili on off days as well as daily workouts. Maybe its time anthony backs off the plate a little since that inside pitch that usually finds the bleachers is getting grounded into the shift.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Most consistant hitter on team sits today..
Almora
.330 .387 OBP last 100 AB
.372 .440 OBP last 15 games
987fa6cfe928504b22234c0b78582e74.jpg

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Almora

The constant criticism of the lineup gets a little old. In essence this team has 10 starting players and a given night you can only play 8 of them. Btyant is only going to get a couple of games a month off, ditto with Rizzo especially now when you need to get him untracked, Baez only gets a day or two a month more than those guys but the rest are interchangeable parts that you have to manage and playing matchups comes into that. I'm not at all a believer in the "hot hand" and at this time of the season if you're looking at the "hot" player vs the struggling player in terms of matchups and determine it's a bit of a coin toss, then I would most of the time play the struggling player in a favorable matchup in the hopes they stop struggling. I assume you would sit Heyward out of this lineup and if he continues to be bad he'll be doing a lot of sitting come September but he did show some signs of improvement early on and you need to know now, in May, if he's capable of getting back to that. My guy at this point tells me no, I just think something has gone horribly wrong with the player, but if there is even a chance you get him some playing time because he ain't getting better on the bench. Would I like to see more of Almora? Yes, I would but I'm guessing if he keeps hitting like he has that's a foregone conclusion anyway. It's a long season and you need to figure shit out before the heart of the pennant race.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
The constant criticism of the lineup gets a little old. In essence this team has 10 starting players and a given night you can only play 8 of them. Btyant is only going to get a couple of games a month off, ditto with Rizzo especially now when you need to get him untracked, Baez only gets a day or two a month more than those guys but the rest are interchangeable parts that you have to manage and playing matchups comes into that. I'm not at all a believer in the "hot hand" and at this time of the season if you're looking at the "hot" player vs the struggling player in terms of matchups and determine it's a bit of a coin toss, then I would most of the time play the struggling player in a favorable matchup in the hopes they stop struggling. I assume you would sit Heyward out of this lineup and if he continues to be bad he'll be doing a lot of sitting come September but he did show some signs of improvement early on and you need to know now, in May, if he's capable of getting back to that. My guy at this point tells me no, I just think something has gone horribly wrong with the player, but if there is even a chance you get him some playing time because he ain't getting better on the bench. Would I like to see more of Almora? Yes, I would but I'm guessing if he keeps hitting like he has that's a foregone conclusion anyway. It's a long season and you need to figure shit out before the heart of the pennant race.
Almora been more then just a hot player..
He been consistent all year and deserves to play majority of games like Baez Russell Contreras Rizzo and Bryant does ...

When you're constantly playing an inconsistent lineup, you get inconsistent results...

Heyward sucks, he sucked for 3 yrs now...
He not getting better, suck up the money and sit his ass on the bench..

Play Almora in CF and Zobrist/Happ in RF/LF and let it go

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Here's the thing about Heyward, the Cubs biggest problem is not offense it's run prevention. The team is 23rd in total pitching WAR, 24th for the rotation and 11th in the bullpen. If there's any chance you can get him to a league average run producer you would want him in the lineup every day for his significantly better defense than Happ or Zobrist. The only time to find that out is now. Come July you need to figure out what you have an where you are and a relatively set lineup needs to emerge. It doesn't have to do that in May, or even early June. If you have to weaken your defense you might have to go get a starting pitcher at the deadline. Right now, in late May Heyward does you no good on the bench and Almora will get plenty of opportunities to play if he's as good as we think he is.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Almora
987fa6cfe928504b22234c0b78582e74.jpg

*Joe is just putting him in the only situations with the pitching matchups that work for Albert*

Fucking maddon ball huggers.

Heyward and Rizzo hit the ball hard into outs, they still play, Almora follows the pitch and takes it to right when necessary and he cant play every day.

As far as TC and his 10 starters deal, well, yes and no. Heyward is in for his gold glove defense and loud outs, but Almora and Baez dont get that luxury of the gold gloves trumping hitting, when both of them are actually doing well.

I really dont know how Theo feels about this, Eventually its going to be pick 8 and run with it.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
*Joe is just putting him in the only situations with the pitching matchups that work for Albert*

Fucking maddon ball huggers.

Heyward and Rizzo hit the ball hard into outs, they still play, Almora follows the pitch and takes it to right when necessary and he cant play every day.

As far as TC and his 10 starters deal, well, yes and no. Heyward is in for his gold glove defense and loud outs, but Almora and Baez dont get that luxury of the gold gloves trumping hitting, when both of them are actually doing well.

I really dont know how Theo feels about this, Eventually its going to be pick 8 and run with it.

Yes, eventually. Like in the pennant race. It's not even June for a week. The idea that you would settle on a set lineup, with as many options and questions that this team has, is really silly. If you're in early August and and the teams are all bunched up and it's a sub-optimum lineup, then sure that's the time to get angry. Yesterday Kris Bryant made some comments about where the team was and that he was getting the sense from the media that some fans were unhappy. He said he didn't really pay attention to that except when the media asks him about it and that's the way it should be. He also said that people "would be foolish to doubt us" in the context of the conversation where he also mentioned that the team was underperforming a little bit and that it was "pretty average right now". So what did the Sun Times run with as a headline? That comment about being foolish to doubt the team? Of course not, they ran with "We're pretty average right now". I hate those motherfuckers. This is a team with a .600 winning percentage since 2015, they've earned the benefit of the doubt. Stay positive, this team has never given us reason not to.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Yes, eventually. Like in the pennant race. It's not even June for a week. The idea that you would settle on a set lineup, with as many options and questions that this team has, is really silly. If you're in early August and and the teams are all bunched up and it's a sub-optimum lineup, then sure that's the time to get angry. Yesterday Kris Bryant made some comments about where the team was and that he was getting the sense from the media that some fans were unhappy. He said he didn't really pay attention to that except when the media asks him about it and that's the way it should be. He also said that people "would be foolish to doubt us" in the context of the conversation where he also mentioned that the team was underperforming a little bit and that it was "pretty average right now". So what did the Sun Times run with as a headline? That comment about being foolish to doubt the team? Of course not, they ran with "We're pretty average right now". I hate those motherfuckers. This is a team with a .600 winning percentage since 2015, they've earned the benefit of the doubt. Stay positive, this team has never given us reason not to.

KB has also gone thru the media and said he loves hitting third. I think he batted second the entire next week. It almost feels like Joe does not want to get guys set in spots because he is waiting for someone else and they are gonna slide right in to the 3 hole.

I just dont get it. I am sure the cubs themselves are more aggravated they are not 5 games up in the central, but they chose Darvish over Arrieta and ended up with a 3 not a 2 who could go 1. But thats Joe and his forget about yesterday and its ok if we lose if we only score 2 runs, forget about it and start all over again tomorrow. No magicians, no petting zoo, something is different than it has been.

I mean, some of us look at this lineup and other than Zobrist, these are guys we should be stuck with for the next 4 or 5 years. I can imagine how intense cub fans are going to be when we are stuck with only 5 gold glove candidates

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL....manager wannabees loved last night's lineup. Took till the 9th to get one fucking run. When I see the Lineup Whiners unhappy, I feel like they will score a few.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
People are missing the forrest for the trees with this line up talk. The problem isn't who is or isn't playing on a given day. The problem is having too many players worthy of playing... and i use "problem" there loosely. It's a good problem to have. But ultimately you're not going to fix this issue with playing time until people are moved. Until that point you have to play guys. Sitting on the bench doesn't make anyone better. You can pick or choose and say "this guy should play this game" but if you keep doing that then guys go months without seeing regular playing time. That's fine if you're a bench bat like La Stella but if you're a guy who may actually need to play a regular role at some point in the season you have to ration enough playing time to keep guys from rusting.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Here's the thing about Heyward, the Cubs biggest problem is not offense it's run prevention. The team is 23rd in total pitching WAR, 24th for the rotation and 11th in the bullpen. If there's any chance you can get him to a league average run producer you would want him in the lineup every day for his significantly better defense than Happ or Zobrist. The only time to find that out is now. Come July you need to figure out what you have an where you are and a relatively set lineup needs to emerge. It doesn't have to do that in May, or even early June. If you have to weaken your defense you might have to go get a starting pitcher at the deadline. Right now, in late May Heyward does you no good on the bench and Almora will get plenty of opportunities to play if he's as good as we think he is.
Thing is we've been playing that wait and see game with Heyward since 2015.... waiting another month isnt going to change anything with him and he going to all of a sudden be that much better...

I get that he brings a good glove to RF but without looking i think I'd be right in guessing that his failures at the plate hurts the team more then the occasional great catch or throws he has..

The offense is a problem now because of the inconsistencies...
Yea they can look like world beaters for 2 or 3 games, then they turn around and can't get 2 or 3 runs for a stretch..

I was listening to ESPN 1000 just a bit ago, they mentioned something Epstein had said...

He said their not going to do what they did in the first half last year and fall behind in the division to where they have to play catch up, he said they need to get off to a fast start..
He said that last year, they used up all their energy in the 2nd half and were wiped out come postseason..

I recall making that same point a while back...

The Brewers are legit right nowtheie main 8 are now and go with it and start getting into a rhythm...
Bouncing these guys around may have been ok when they were fresh out of the minors, but they've been up 3-4 yrs now.. they want and need consistency

You mention they need defense to help the pitching, then why is it ok to sit Almora and not Heyward?
At least Almora helps offensively

Zobrist and Happ may not be gold glovers in RF but they can help stabalize an up and down offense..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
You act like teams don't have set lineups throughout the major league and the cubs have all these guys to put in and out...

You say they have 10 everyday players, i say they have 7 right now..

Outside of LaStella and Caratini..

Zobrist isn't an everyday anymore but has played well with 2 games in and 2 games off ...

Happ is playing well now, he earned more playing time...

Heyward sucks ass and deserves nothing but more bench time despite his defense..
He can always come in late for defense..

So there no reason not to be set with 7 and Happ, and get SH Zobrist in there a couple times a week at either 2B 3B LF or RF..

That all they need to do

Heyward would just be a very expensive LaStella and Caratini on the bench where he belongs..

It not rocket science here

chibears55

Liked Posts:
KB has also gone thru the media and said he loves hitting third. I think he batted second the entire next week. It almost feels like Joe does not want to get guys set in spots because he is waiting for someone else and they are gonna slide right in to the 3 hole.

I just dont get it. I am sure the cubs themselves are more aggravated they are not 5 games up in the central, but they chose Darvish over Arrieta and ended up with a 3 not a 2 who could go 1. But thats Joe and his forget about yesterday and its ok if we lose if we only score 2 runs, forget about it and start all over again tomorrow. No magicians, no petting zoo, something is different than it has been.

I mean, some of us look at this lineup and other than Zobrist, these are guys we should be stuck with for the next 4 or 5 years. I can imagine how intense cub fans are going to be when we are stuck with only 5 gold glove candidates
They had Bryant on ESPN yesterday or day before..
But
They asked about the lineup shuffle..
He said for him it not that bad because it not much of a difference hitting 2nd or 3rd..
But
For guys hitting 1st one day then 7th
Etc etc..
They dont care for that too much