IST: Indians vs Cubs

chibears55

Liked Posts:
People are missing the forrest for the trees with this line up talk. The problem isn't who is or isn't playing on a given day. The problem is having too many players worthy of playing... and i use "problem" there loosely. It's a good problem to have. But ultimately you're not going to fix this issue with playing time until people are moved. Until that point you have to play guys. Sitting on the bench doesn't make anyone better. You can pick or choose and say "this guy should play this game" but if you keep doing that then guys go months without seeing regular playing time. That's fine if you're a bench bat like La Stella but if you're a guy who may actually need to play a regular role at some point in the season you have to ration enough playing time to keep guys from rusting.
What too many players that worthy to play..

LaStella and Caratini are bench guys..

Contreras Rizzo Baez Russell Bryant Schwarber Almora should be everyday players..

Happ should start getting more starts with Zobrist getting the occasional starts at 2B 3B LF RF..

I'm sorry but just because Heyward flashes the gold glove once in a while doesnt make him worthy to start a bunch of games ahead of Happ and Zobrist now...

They dont have such problem of all these worthy players...
It an easy solution to have some kind of lineup stability with this group

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
LOL....manager wannabees loved last night's lineup. Took till the 9th to get one fucking run. When I see the Lineup Whiners unhappy, I feel like they will score a few.
You did see that lineup produce 10 hits and 3 walks, they just didn't get a run producing hit til the HR..

Tonight he replaces a guy that got 2 of those hits and has 5 hits in last 10 AB for a guy who only has 6 hits in his last 41 ABs..

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What too many players that worthy to play..

LaStella and Caratini are bench guys..

Contreras Rizzo Baez Russell Bryant Schwarber Almora should be everyday players..

Happ should start getting more starts with Zobrist getting the occasional starts at 2B 3B LF RF..

I'm sorry but just because Heyward flashes the gold glove once in a while doesnt make him worthy to start a bunch of games ahead of Happ and Zobrist now...

They dont have such problem of all these worthy players...
It an easy solution to have some kind of lineup stability with this group

If you don't think Heyward should play all the time, fine. You won't be the only one to say so.

But the bolded part is ridiculous. He doesn't play Gold Glove D "once in a while".

Happ missed two balls in one game this week that Heyward easily catches. Zobrist did as well. And Bryant. Every one missed at least two balls in a single game that Heyward easily catches. THIS MATTERS.

You say Happ should play more after his five IBB's. He will occasionally drive in the runs with a HR, but he is far from equal to Heyward on D. (Of course he starts in CF tonight!)

I can live with some lineup changes, and I get that many fans would like to see heyward sit. But Heyward plays great D every day.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
So, reading comments here, Heyward needs to be benched because he isn't hitting well, and Rizzo needs to play because he isn't hitting well (and that well apparently help him).

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You did see that lineup produce 10 hits and 3 walks, they just didn't get a run producing hit til the HR..

Tonight he replaces a guy that got 2 of those hits and has 5 hits in last 10 AB for a guy who only has 6 hits in his last 41 ABs..

Just curious how many games you have won as a manager, Mr. Baseball. This guy's averaging 90+ a year in MLB. What in the world makes you think you are more qualified than Joe Maddon? I've seen guys like Jim Marshall and Lee Elia manage the Cubs and you could pull a fan out the bleachers that could have done a better job than those two stiffs. No matter what anyone says about Maddon...the thing he does best is win baseball games. That's what they pay him to do.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
If you don't think Heyward should play all the time, fine. You won't be the only one to say so.

But the bolded part is ridiculous. He doesn't play Gold Glove D "once in a while".

Happ missed two balls in one game this week that Heyward easily catches. Zobrist did as well. And Bryant. Every one missed at least two balls in a single game that Heyward easily catches. THIS MATTERS.

You say Happ should play more after his five IBB's. He will occasionally drive in the runs with a HR, but he is far from equal to Heyward on D. (Of course he starts in CF tonight!)

I can live with some lineup changes, and I get that many fans would like to see heyward sit. But Heyward plays great D every day.

No.. Heyward a GG RFer but you don't see fielders making GG plays all the time

Happ done a whole lot more lately then 5 IBB..

.438 Avg .640 OBP 1.250 SLG last 7 games

.282 Avg .404 OBP last 78 ABs

I agree he far from equal D then Heyward but for me He better in RF then CF and I'll take his bat over Heyward everyday...

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So, reading comments here, Heyward needs to be benched because he isn't hitting well, and Rizzo needs to play because he isn't hitting well (and that well apparently help him).

I hear what you're saying but Rizzo is a near GG defender himself....

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Wow.

Dumb as shit!

They walk our lead off man, and he gets himself out. That one is hard to beat.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Bad read on a fly ball and whatever that was in the first inning. Off to a great start, Ian.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Just curious how many games you have won as a manager, Mr. Baseball. This guy's averaging 90+ a year in MLB. What in the world makes you think you are more qualified than Joe Maddon? I've seen guys like Jim Marshall and Lee Elia manage the Cubs and you could pull a fan out the bleachers that could have done a better job than those two stiffs. No matter what anyone says about Maddon...the thing he does best is win baseball games. That's what they pay him to do.
So you prefer seeing more of Heyward playing then Almora because that basically all im disagreeing with here..

I prefer Almora in the lineup more in CF and Zobrist/Happ more over Heyward in RF..

Why that so wrong to want..

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
So you prefer seeing more of Heyward playing then Almora because that basically all im disagreeing with here..

I prefer Almora in the lineup more in CF and Zobrist/Happ more over Heyward in RF..

Why that so wrong to want..

Stop having an opinion and put on your rose colored glasses.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Yes Rizzo slumping bad now but he hasn't been slumping for most of 3 years..

I bet the farm Rizzo will break out of it sooner rather then later whilw Heyward will still be grounding out to 2B and popping up more often then not..

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Three base runners in the first, and every one thrown out on the bases.

Odd inning.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

Happ is hitting .247 with a 42.6% k rate vs RHP. His on base and slg is good but those are alarming numbers. Zobrist is hitting .265/.324/.324 vs LHP. To sit here and say neither guy has flaws is ignorant. Heyward has flaws too. He's hitting .148/.233/.148 vs LHP. But he's hitting .253/.330/.418 vs RHP with more walks than k's at 9.8%/7.6% bb/k rates. Those are fantastic numbers when you factor in his .250 BABIP. And because I know it's a bugaboo for you he's hitting .327/.364/.571 with men on base and .286/.353/.357 with RISP. Granted you'd like to see a bit more power with guys on base but he's getting the job done.

Point here being is there's reasons maddon plays the guys when he does. You can't just look at their triple slash and say this or that guy is shit. And I didn't mention a word about Heyward's defense there. And more to the point if you either A) want him to opt out or B) some way find a trade he's gotta play in order for people to want him. No one is trading for a guy who's not good enough to start. So, there's literally no reason to stick him on the bench as much as you want. Emphasize what he does well and maybe he breaks out finally.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yes Rizzo slumping bad now but he hasn't been slumping for most of 3 years..

I bet the farm Rizzo will break out of it sooner rather then later whilw Heyward will still be grounding out to 2B and popping up more often then not..

I am very confident that Rizzo will be himself over the course of the year, BUT.....can he not EVER sit?

He won't be the hitter he usually is if teams shift him, and he refuses to adjust. The popups bug me the most. No walks. Does not advance runners lately. Slumps happen. Bad fundamentals should not. He's far too good to let that keep happening.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
In other news, Little is throwing his best game of the season. 6.2 IP 3 hit 0 walks(big deal given his struggles this season) and 5 k's.

Also lange is dominating. 4 hits thru 5 with 10!!!! k's.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Happ is hitting .247 with a 42.6% k rate vs RHP. His on base and slg is good but those are alarming numbers. Zobrist is hitting .265/.324/.324 vs LHP. To sit here and say neither guy has flaws is ignorant. Heyward has flaws too. He's hitting .148/.233/.148 vs LHP. But he's hitting .253/.330/.418 vs RHP with more walks than k's at 9.8%/7.6% bb/k rates. Those are fantastic numbers when you factor in his .250 BABIP. And because I know it's a bugaboo for you he's hitting .327/.364/.571 with men on base and .286/.353/.357 with RISP. Granted you'd like to see a bit more power with guys on base but he's getting the job done.

Point here being is there's reasons maddon plays the guys when he does. You can't just look at their triple slash and say this or that guy is shit. And I didn't mention a word about Heyward's defense there. And more to the point if you either A) want him to opt out or B) some way find a trade he's gotta play in order for people to want him. No one is trading for a guy who's not good enough to start. So, there's literally no reason to stick him on the bench as much as you want. Emphasize what he does well and maybe he breaks out finally.
Again, we've been waiting on him to break out for 3 years now...

I agree he defense is valuable in RF but damn let have a pulse at the plate..

Happ last 78 AB
.282 .404 .603

Heyward last 96 AB
.219 .303 .344

Yes Happ defense isnt stellar but he gives them a whole lot more production at the plate over Heyward..

Plus

In order to play Heyward for his defense only, you're taking Almora out who gives them that defense and the bat to get Happ his playing time in CF

So it becomes which would you prefer to see more of..

Almora in CF
Happ/Zobrist in RF

OR

Happ in CF
Heyward in RF

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I am very confident that Rizzo will be himself over the course of the year, BUT.....can he not EVER sit?

He won't be the hitter he usually is if teams shift him, and he refuses to adjust. The popups bug me the most. No walks. Does not advance runners lately. Slumps happen. Bad fundamentals should not. He's far too good to let that keep happening.
I get it...

I think he capable of hitting the ball to the left side and he done it time to time, just dont get why he feels he needs to pull everything majority of time

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Guy can’t throw strikes and they’re up there hacking away.

Take sign anyone?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Again, we've been waiting on him to break out for 3 years now...

I agree he defense is valuable in RF but damn let have a pulse at the plate..

Happ last 78 AB
.282 .404 .603

Heyward last 96 AB
.219 .303 .344

Yes Happ defense isnt stellar but he gives them a whole lot more production at the plate over Heyward..

Plus

In order to play Heyward for his defense only, you're taking Almora out who gives them that defense and the bat to get Happ his playing time in CF

So it becomes which would you prefer to see more of..

Almora in CF
Happ/Zobrist in RF

OR

Happ in CF
Heyward in RF

You are reasoning that Heyward should be out because if he is in, Almora MUST be out.....but that is only if they cater to your whims of playing Happ. You talk in circles, and just don't let it go.