Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Ok.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
If White has a really good season, why not sign him? Why do we have to trade him?

Because even if he has a good season he still has a massive injury history and then we still have A Rob Gabriel and Miller as the starters. And if he signs elsewhere and gets a huge contract the Comp pick comes into play

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
Kevin White has missed too much time to ever be a competent WR in the NFL. Not consistently competing at a pro-level kills your chances of playing again. I can only think of Michael Vick missing more time and being competitive again, but he was a starter for a long time before he went to prison.

Can anyone name one WR in NFL history that missed three seasons and respectfully recovered their career?

Zach Miller had a similar start.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears won't sign it kinda like Jarvis Landry. This is only possible if White puts up 1,000 yards or has a few 100 yard games.

If Josh Gordon had trade offers while suspended so can White if he flashes for one season.

The Browns didn't sign the franchise tag they placed on him ?!?!? lololololol

:alborland::assman:

I have never seen someone who posts this much on a message board that knows so little.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Browns didn't sign the franchise tag they placed on him ?!?!? lololololol

:alborland::assman:

I have never seen someone who posts this much on a message board that knows so little.

Not until it was time to trade him. Come on man THINK before you call people out you make this easy for me.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Pace addressed the WR position regardess of White. If White blows up and posts big numbers it would be interesting. That means there were injuries or he played in front of or right with some pretty talented players. That would make for interesting scenarios in the off season. But I an not holding my breath that he can either stay healthy or produce big numbers.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not until it was time to trade him. Come on man THINK before you call people out you make this easy for me.

Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about...

Once a team places any of the tags on a player, the ball is in the player's court to sign the tag (just like any other offer sheet), not the other way around. There is a designated negotiating window that, after which, the player has no choice but to sign the one-year offer with his current team. Teams can rescind the offer up until the point that the player signs. It was Landry that was waiting on a trade to be worked out or for a multi-year deal he liked from the Dolphins to be offered; once the trade was in place he signed the tag allowing for him to be traded and a contract negotiated with his new team. If Miami rescinded the tag Landry is a FA (and they couldn't trade him); if Landry refuses to sign despite the trade being in place, he's either sitting out the year or playing on the tag; the tag offer is "signed" by the team the second it is placed and is binding once the player agrees to it.

Why do you make this so difficult for yourself all the time?

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
So let the shoopster get this straight - CCSers have Kevin White "ballsing out" this year and commanding a hefty return in trade . . . Got it . . .

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about...

Once a team places any of the tags on a player, the ball is in the player's court to sign the tag (just like any other offer sheet), not the other way around. There is a designated negotiating window that, after which, the player has no choice but to sign the one-year offer with his current team. Teams can rescind the offer up until the point that the player signs. It was Landry that was waiting on a trade to be worked out or for a multi-year deal he liked from the Dolphins to be offered; once the trade was in place he signed the tag allowing for him to be traded and a contract negotiated with his new team. If Miami rescinded the tag Landry is a FA (and they couldn't trade him); if Landry refuses to sign despite the trade being in place, he's either sitting out the year or playing on the tag; the tag offer is "signed" by the team the second it is placed and is binding once the player agrees to it.

Why do you make this so difficult for yourself all the time?

Bears will dicussions if a team or teams is interested in trading for said player well before a franchise tag can be put into place. If you are certain you can get something go for it.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So let the shoopster get this straight - CCSers have Kevin White "ballsing out" this year and commanding a hefty return in trade . . . Got it . . .

If I didn't make that post this thread would be full of people saying Anthony Miller is a rookie and should red shirt, give White a chance.

Devil's advocate.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Bears will dicussions if a team or teams is interested in trading for said player well before a franchise tag can be put into place. If you are certain you can get something go for it.

No. If the Bears were to franchise tag White, he would run so fast to sign that tag that he would probably break another bone. He has to know that even if he has a good year, no other team is going to offer him franchise tag money, or even a long term contract for near franchise money.

Not even close to the Landry situation.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I didn't make that post this thread would be full of people saying Anthony Miller is a rookie and should red shirt, give White a chance.

Devil's advocate.

Bears move up to take him in the 2nd round, no way in hell.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Bears won't sign it kinda like Jarvis Landry. This is only possible if White puts up 1,000 yards or has a few 100 yard games.

If Josh Gordon had trade offers while suspended so can White if he flashes for one season.

Josh Gordon flashed more in one game than White has in his entire career.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Do you know how much a WR gets for the franchise tag?

Bears don't have to sign anything once offered.

If White has a really good season, why not sign him? Why do we have to trade him?
Injury risk and we aren't desperate at reciever.

So other teams are somehow unable to recognizes his 3 lost seasons due to injury.

If you only knew what you don't know you would be one smart cookie.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Zach Miller had a similar start.
Start? More like start, middle, and end. The guy never played a 16 game season , averaged 7 games and 25 receptions a season for the Bears, and nearly lost his leg on a football field. Hardly an encouraging example.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears don't have to sign anything once offered.

So other teams are somehow unable to recognizes his 3 lost seasons due to injury.

If you only knew what you don't know you would be one smart cookie.

Exactly

And desperation Kevin White will really have to shine for this situation you gut are blowing up.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears move up to take him in the 2nd round, no way in hell.

That's what I'm trying to say plus we got Miller for cheap for now but I was called stupid for saying Miller should start over White.