Interesting Ryan Pace quotes

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the quote on Allen Robinson because it kinda coincides with an article I read on ACL injuries. Pace comments on his youth, superior work ethic, and size. Reading between the lines, Pace is aware that he can't expect the guy's raw athleticism to ever be 100%. Sheer work ethic & professionalism will keep this former great athlete's head above water enough to be effective in the NFL. He'll never put up 1400 yards again, but hopefully 800.

AR may not put up gaudy numbers with this roster due to the fact that there are a number of other good options. If the knee is o.k., he is the #1 WR who will get targets. But the point of this offense, I thought, was to spread the ball around. So, you could be right (I think you may be underestimating him) but he can have less than 1400 yards and still be effective in a hopefully vastly improved offense.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
We invested in AR as a key piece to make the ENTIRE offense work. Not just to get a set number of targets-catches-yards so some fans think he is worth the contract.

Pace/Nagy are building a NFL offense....not a fantasy football squad...

I'm well aware of that, but if you pay someone to be a #1 WR, they shouldn't be putting up WR2 numbers, no matter how spread out the ball will be. I was simply pointing out that an 800 yard season would be a pretty low bar to set for AR and that if that is all he can muster as a WR1, then it wouldn't be great ROI? What part of that was wrong?

Also, I don't even play or pay attention to fantasy football, it has nothing to do with trying to make AR into a fantasy WR1. But you pay a guy $14M, he should at least get you average WR1 numbers. 800 yards is a very bad WR1 on any team.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh really? Tell that to the eagles that just won the SB without any receiver putting up traditional #1 receiver yardage.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
Nice to hear he also like Davenport. Totally understand not passing on Smith.:beer:
yeah, he really didnt like landry, carter, key, or hubbard.

lotta people (including me) were clamoring for any one of them. interesting that pace didnt think very highly of them.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
yeah, he really didnt like landry, carter, key, or hubbard.

lotta people (including me) were clamoring for any one of them. interesting that pace didnt think very highly of them.

I would like to have seen Carter here. I think he has a lot of upside, but I'm very happy with the draft this year. Good value all around.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
That would be contrary to what they said. Why would they knowingly put someone in their that would create a failing situation. I should think they would put in Kush in that case. Nagy said Smith is working with the second team until he earns a spot on the first team. Wouldn't Daniel's be the same?

Kush is running with the ones at LG. Daniels is currently 2nd string.

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace said it, not me.

@Warden of the Northeast, Mako Mitch is catching on. (^^^)

Mako Mitch be attacking defenses around the league, the NFL is on notice.

71377db88873eba19caaff834344074e.gif

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I like the quote on Allen Robinson because it kinda coincides with an article I read on ACL injuries. Pace comments on his youth, superior work ethic, and size. Reading between the lines, Pace is aware that he can't expect the guy's raw athleticism to ever be 100%. Sheer work ethic & professionalism will keep this former great athlete's head above water enough to be effective in the NFL. He'll never put up 1400 yards again, but hopefully 800.

Not saying he will put 1400 yards again, but to say he never will is idiotic. Of course, he can do it again. If he fails to do it, I highly doubt it's because of the knee, more likely because this offense will be spreading the wealth.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Not saying he will put 1400 yards again, but to say he never will is idiotic. Of course, he can do it again. If he fails to do it, I highly doubt it's because of the knee, more likely because this offense will be spreading the wealth.

I agree with the knee and spread the wealth points ... but looking at it, 87.5 YPG would give him 1400. I also agree that it's definitely attainable again. But, because of all our shiny new weapons, and maybe seeing a lot of double coverage, I think the bigger question is will the Bears have multiple 1000 yard WR's? 62.5 YPG will give you a 1000 yards. :thinking:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think its going to be hard to not have at least one tight end or receiver at 1000+ yards on the season. The next closest man will probably be around the 800 yard mark if I had to guess. I personally don't give a shit at all about yardage distribution. What I truly care about is touchdowns. I want them bitches to rain on down and we are well equipped with players that can score.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Those comments are pretty interesting. He was pretty forthcoming with info. And reading between the lines a little more, I'd make the following statements:

1. Pace was never going to draft Quinton Nelson. Knowing an interior guy who fit better would be there in the 2nd, makes me believe that Nelson would not have been considered unless Smith and probably Ward and maybe even Davenport was gone.

2. Mentioning Davenport along with Chubb as a potential early pick shows me that Pace wasn't a big fan of Landry. Obviously didn't think of him as a top 10 pick, then passed on him again in the 2nd.

3. Sounds like letting Meredith go may have been as much about fit as it was his health. I think if he was 100% healthy, he'd be a Bear. But I was always weary about Pace being OK with his top 2 WRs coming off of ACL tears. But Meredith doesn't really fit the field stretcher or versatile slot role (though he could do a little of both) that Gabriel and Miller project to play. And his strength in the intermediate game is the same as Robinson's strength, and Robinson does it better.

4. I've seen several rankings that don't have Trubisky in the top 25 QBs for next year, by various members of the media. But it doesn't seem like that's the same sentiment around the league. Fangio came back in part because of Mitch. Amukamara said he came back partly because of Mitch. The coaching job was coveted because of Mitch. And now Pace says his presence helped lure free agents. I couldn't be more excited to see this team play this summer/fall.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those comments are pretty interesting. He was pretty forthcoming with info. And reading between the lines a little more, I'd make the following statements:

1. Pace was never going to draft Quinton Nelson. Knowing an interior guy who fit better would be there in the 2nd, makes me believe that Nelson would not have been considered unless Smith and probably Ward and maybe even Davenport was gone.

2. Mentioning Davenport along with Chubb as a potential early pick shows me that Pace wasn't a big fan of Landry. Obviously didn't think of him as a top 10 pick, then passed on him again in the 2nd.

3. Sounds like letting Meredith go may have been as much about fit as it was his health. I think if he was 100% healthy, he'd be a Bear. But I was always weary about Pace being OK with his top 2 WRs coming off of ACL tears. But Meredith doesn't really fit the field stretcher or versatile slot role (though he could do a little of both) that Gabriel and Miller project to play. And his strength in the intermediate game is the same as Robinson's strength, and Robinson does it better.

4. I've seen several rankings that don't have Trubisky in the top 25 QBs for next year, by various members of the media. But it doesn't seem like that's the same sentiment around the league. Fangio came back in part because of Mitch. Amukamara said he came back partly because of Mitch. The coaching job was coveted because of Mitch. And now Pace says his presence helped lure free agents. I couldn't be more excited to see this team play this summer/fall.

Spot on! Who else could he have been inferring to with this Quote...

“Roquan made sense for us in part because I was confident we could get an interior lineman in the second round,” Pace said. “We felt interior linemen went deep in the second round — whether it was James Daniels or Austin Corbett or Will Hernandez, they were going to be there. So to be able to hit with Roquan and then get a starting level interior lineman, it fit well for us.”

Quenton Nelson was the only interior offensive lineman that could have been considered in the top 10. Sounds like he had a few players ahead of Nelson.