I might be the exception, but I wasn't really that impressed with this thread

Maybe I just expected more from Adipost

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace on a successful free agency:

Ryan Pace on Cameron Meredith:

“Based on what we did in the offseason and what we could do in the draft, it didn’t make sense for us to match the offer,” Pace told me. “The receiver position is one you can overhaul pretty quickly, and we tried to do that. Cam was a good player and a big hit for us, and I hope he does really well, honestly.”

Just as several of us tried saying when many here went nuts like the sky was falling over "how could Pace screw it up and LET Meredith go".

Sounds like Pace & Bears were more like: "We just don't see this relationship going anywhere", which really just means "We think we can do better"...and they went and did.

*edit - in fact the small tender did Cam a solid. Dude got bank in NO for not having much of a resume.

I am pissed at NO for overpaying Green Bay to move up in 1st Rd, but that's for another thread.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Makes sense now, but I can't image the total shit show that would STILL be going on here IF Nelson was available and Pace still picked Roquan.

Really glad how things turned out & would've supported it, but it'd be hard to defend until we see things play out for a year or more.

Nelson alone won't put Indy into postseason. The next Bears Defensive centerpiece PLUS a 1st Rd. interior O-line helps a ton more.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't imagine anyone would have been pissed at taking Roquan and Daniels even if Nelson was available. This coming from someone who wanted Nelson. Roquan IMO was still a need since we were going to lose Freeman and you don't just pass up an inside linebacker talent like him. I actually expected Smith would have been gone by the time the Bears were picking.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even at 100%, he's not likely to ever get that many yards in this offense and with the weapons we have.

But it will give Halftime an opportunity to say a clueless "I told you so", so he'll be happy....

That sounds so weird. The other side of that coin is he played with Baked Bortles.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
God I hope not. If the Bears just sunk $14M/year on a WR that you're hoping will get 800 yards... that's a terrible return on investment.

But it was nice to see Pace's views on a lot of stuff. He probably won't be 100% honest about everything, but like Milky said, nice to see that Pace sees the same things fans do regarding weaknesses to the team.

People wanted to pay Alshon Jeffery more than that to stay and he hadn't gone past 850yds since 2014. That being said, I don't see anyone on the team putting up 1400 yards receiving this year. Sure... it's possible that it could be like the first Trestman year where B. Marsh and Jeffery had 1295 and 1421 respectively... but with Miller, Gabriel, Burton, Shaheen and Cohen all expected to get looks in the passing game, along with occasional passes to Howard and Simms, I just don't see it happening... White is an afterthought to most, however if he stays healthy there's no reason to believe he can't snag 500yds as well.

Holy crap that's a lot of weapons....

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
I can't imagine anyone would have been pissed at taking Roquan and Daniels even if Nelson was available. This coming from someone who wanted Nelson. Roquan IMO was still a need since we were going to lose Freeman and you don't just pass up an inside linebacker talent like him. I actually expected Smith would have been gone by the time the Bears were picking.
That's how I feel about it too, I liked Nelson a lot but the way things played out is a much better outcome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are-Sharks-Mammals-fb.jpg

mitchell-trubisky_15ovxjp59eu481wghulpqggca8.jpg