HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We still put a small wager on it. Its all in fun.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol. I can see Badonkadonk measurement at next combine.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You don’t need a rookie C making the line calls for what is essentially a rookie QB.

Leave Whitehair at C, Trubisky is comfortable with him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have been calling this move since January literally 4 months before the draft. Pretty much the ultimate #calledit. It's silly for the Bears not to start Daniels at Centre, his natural born position. Kirk Ferents is on record as saying that Daniels is the smartest Centre that he has ever coached in his entire life and that's saying something. Kirk's pleated khaki ass has been around the block.

Look at this picture. Daniels is a man among boys. His d0nk is on elite status and he is only 20 years old. Hasn't even begun filling out and is already THICC. This MF'er can probably split squat a car. His glutes are in premium condition to take over the spot. I'll tell you, it's going to enable Trubisky to eat less sacks. We all know Trubisky has some issues last year eating to many sacks.

10082016_IOWAFOOTBALLVSMINNESOTA79.jpg

Now, lets compare that to Whitehares D0nk. He has much more of a flapjack ass compared to Daniels plus he can't snap the ball worth shit. Let's move him to his natural position that he played in College and let him be a road grader. He will have nothing to worry about besides mowing people down. That's what he was made for.

manhattan-kansas-usa-05th-sep-2015-kansas-state-wildcats-offensive-F1RH20.jpg

Leno - Whitehares - Daniels - Long - Massie

Start with the THICC in the middle and work your way out. There is literally zero reason to start Daniels at G only to move him to Centre in his second year. Naggy and CO. need to make the right decision right out of the gate otherwise they will pay for it down the road when they have to shuffle people around. Daniels and his elite D0nk ass is the man for the job. When it comes down to is, the ultimate goal is for Trubisky to eat less sack lunches.

#Calledit below

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/94392-Whitehair-and-the-Center-position?highlight=
He played LT in college. You are saying that he doesn't have the ass for it but lets let him mow people down? Whithair has been an excellent blocker at C. He had some snap issues last year while nursing a bad elbow but his hand strength is amazing. He controls and directs DL with those and has great leverage. One of the reasons I projected him to C when he was drafted.

The fact that Daniels is longer and can still get bigger and stronger is exactly why he should stay at G and be available to snap if needed. There's more action there and C often don't have a man over them. Daniels saw little combo blocking in college and it's a big thing at this level. When I heard they were moving Daniels to G, I was very happy with the pick. Didn't and don't want to move Whitehair.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Start with the THICC in the middle and work your way out.

This may be the smartest thing ever said about the offensive line in this history of this fine website. And we even have a dude that played as an offensive lineman.

(Although it was in Canada...so it only half counts)

I may start taking peeps from Iowa seriously afterall.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You don’t need a rookie C making the line calls for what is essentially a rookie QB.

Whitehair inherited the position under far worse circumstances during his rookie year with seventeen different QBs under centre after never taking a single snap there in his entire life.

Whitehair has done a commendable job filling in for that disaster from Oregon, but it time to let a real Centre take over.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Whitehair will never be a pro bowl center, he will be a pro bowl guard.

Bigger problem is who will be the backup when Long gets hurt again.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's that time of year. A thread legitimately about ASSES.

To the OP's requested counter-point, I think they're just starting him at G until he learns EVERYTHING about that O-line scheme inside & out. Since he's so smart and will only grow bigger, surely Center is in his near future. Until then they're just now rolling out an entirely new and very deep playbook with limited time to teach the whole team, not just Daniels.

Given the limited time to crunch for the test against the Packers they're just putting the best starting line together for now. Whitehair has the experience...for now.

I fully agree with OP that swapping those 2 to their natural positions will eventually be best for all & look forward to that.

Totes get your post but if the true plan is to move him to Centre when he fully understands the offense then I think you make the move right away. Throw him to the fire and let him learn that way. He will have TC and 4 Preseason games. He'll also be learning the offense with Trubisky. There is no reason to have Whitehair play another season at Centre and then move him to guard next season. Daniels will be able to pick up this offense quickly and he will have two vets in Whitehair/Long beside him.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
As has been said, they want Daniels to learn the guard position first in the NFL. They want Whitehair under center since he worked with Trubisky last year.

That could change at any time based on needs, or evolution of the position.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
As has been said, they want Daniels to learn the guard position first in the NFL. They want Whitehair under center since he worked with Trubisky last year.

That could change at any time based on needs, or evolution of the position.

Daniels has been taking snaps all through the OTA's from what I've seen. I'm sure he's working guard as well. It's a good thing when you have so many good offensive linemen you have to argue where to put them. Hiestand with Nagy's quick attack offense could take this group to another level if everyone stays healthy.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Leave Whitehair at C, Trubisky is comfortable with him.

Does not compute. Whitehair was a rookie centre.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This may be the smartest thing ever said about the offensive line in this history of this fine website. And we even have a dude that played as an offensive lineman.

(Although it was in Canada...so it only half counts)

I may start taking peeps from Iowa seriously afterall.

Iowa is like an offensive line factory. Iowa, Nebraska, and Wisconsin are your o-linemen go to places.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Does compute...while you COULD have a rookie center...you don't NEED a rookie center....

Point me to the part of that post where I said Daniels should be the centre.

I'm simply saying that Whitehair was a rookie when he took over as centre, and as was correctly pointed out, he did so with a variety of QBs. So that argument is hogwash.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Daniels has been taking snaps all through the OTA's from what I've seen. I'm sure he's working guard as well. It's a good thing when you have so many good offensive linemen you have to argue where to put them. Hiestand with Nagy's quick attack offense could take this group to another level if everyone stays healthy.

he took them certainly at rookie minicamp. also, during regular OTAs he may have lined up with 2nd team at center.

I am sure they want Daniels to know the pro centre position but unless something drastic happens probably going to play guarde and not centre in actual futbol games.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Point me to the part of that post where I said Daniels should be the centre.

I'm simply saying that Whitehair was a rookie when he took over as centre, and as was correctly pointed out, he did so with a variety of QBs. So that argument is hogwash.

its not hogwash...just because it has been done doesn't mean it is the preferred method in this case.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
its not hogwash...just because it has been done doesn't mean it is the preferred method in this case.

Again, please point to where I said it was the preferred method.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Never seen dudes focus this much on other dude's asses since that one time I watched ***** eye for a straight guy.