IST: Giants vs Cubs

CSF77

Liked Posts:
No reason not to start Almora every day. Happ has not shown the ability to displace him.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The silver lining is we’ll have free time for activities in October other than watching baseball.
Goofy Cubs fans were expecting an automatic World Series berth every year

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Nonsense statisitc. Baseball is a team sport and there is zero correlation between the team's record and one player playing

While I mostly agree with this.... just saying Kershaw starting a game tends to work out well for the dodgers.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Nonsense statisitc. Baseball is a team sport and there is zero correlation between the team's record and one player playing
So you're saying as a team they look and play much better when Almora in CF and in the line up then they do when he not..

Not just coincidence that their 9 games over .500 when he in the lineup and now 5 under when he not...

He brings a little something extra to the lineup, on the bases, and defensively when he in there..

Even if you don't want to accept all that, then the simple fact that for a team that struggling with consistencies and is 10-12 this month, as a manager you see that when this guy in the lineup good things happen and their 19-10 when he starts, you go with it..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
So you're saying as a team they look and play much better when Almora in CF and in the line up then they do when he not..

Not just coincidence that their 9 games over .500 when he in the lineup and now 5 under when he not...

He brings a little something extra to the lineup, on the bases, and defensively when he in there..

Even if you don't want to accept all that, then the simple fact that for a team that struggling with consistencies and is 10-12 this month, as a manager you see that when this guy in the lineup good things happen and their 19-10 when he starts, you go with it..

Stop it. Almora is not responsible for a 19-10 run. Your manlove for Almora knows no boundaries and you are sounding neurotic

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Stop it. Almora is not responsible for a 19-10 run. Your manlove for Almora knows no boundaries and you are sounding neurotic
Who said he was solely responsible...

You just can't overlook that when he does start their a better team and get good results, which is the main thing...

19-10 when he starts

7-12 when he benched

Don't take a genius to see you get better results when he starts...

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Little disappointed with Montgomery getting the nod Monday

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Little disappointed with Montgomery getting the nod Monday
Better hope they get innings out of Chatwood today...
Bullpen could be exhausted after these next 2 games

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Brewers Win again
Cubs 5 back

Can't wait til it gets hot out or was it hot out and 2nd half of season?

They might be 10 back by then

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Brewers Win again
Cubs 5 back

Can't wait til it gets hot out or was it hot out and 2nd half of season?

They might be 10 back by then

I don't have a problem with you being frustrated but why do you always gotta be snide about it? It's not like the cubs are unfixable with their issues. They've given up fewer runs and scored more runs than the Brewers. They are +65 run diff. That's literally the best in the national league. And only houston boston and new york have higher run diffs. They are 5-9(.357) in 1 run games. That shit isn't gonna hold. They go .500 in one run games that's 4 more wins and they are what like a game back of Mil? Just for reference, last year a similarly slow starting team finished the year 26-17(.605) in one run games. And honestly IMO this team feels closer to 2015 cubs than 2017. The 2015 team finished 34-21 in one run games(.618).

Edit this is what i get for doing math when I just wake up. LOL .500 in one run is 2 games not 4 v_v Regardless the point still stands.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I don't have a problem with you being frustrated but why do you always gotta be snide about it? It's not like the cubs are unfixable with their issues. They've given up fewer runs and scored more runs than the Brewers. They are +65 run diff. That's literally the best in the national league. And only houston boston and new york have higher run diffs. They are 5-9(.357) in 1 run games. That shit isn't gonna hold. They go .500 in one run games that's 4 more wins and they are what like a game back of Mil? Just for reference, last year a similarly slow starting team finished the year 26-17(.605) in one run games. And honestly IMO this team feels closer to 2015 cubs than 2017. The 2015 team finished 34-21 in one run games(.618).
Runs stats means nothing for this team ...
We seen them score 30+ runs in 3 games and get shut down the next 7..

Sure it looks good when it added up and averaged out but it doesn't help them win games..

Constantly pointing to last year slow start and great 2nd half isnt a good thing for this team..
Last year it was blamed on the WS hang over..

This year the excuse is their slow starters and will get better when it hot and 2nd half..

They played an easy schedule the first half so far and still sit around .500, 10-12 in May..

I see a team struggling to find their identity or any consistency and that starts with the manager..

I do believe this team has a ton of talent on it and should be playing way better then they are but I just dont feel Maddon doing a good enough job at putting them in position to win games..

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, you just let Sandavol beat your throw. Wow

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Great start...

Rizzo botched DP ball
Russell naps before throwing the ball
Chatwood already 2 walks 30+ pitches

Did they spend the day planning their wardrobes

Again they dont look ready to play

With Montgomery pitching tomorrow
They have noone in pen to eat up innings tonight

Bullpen gonna be used up or someone gonna take the lumps..

Unless the bats put up a bunch of runs, this one could be ugly

You wonder why i just dont feel it Beck
and I just feel Maddon not going to last past this year because he failing in getting this team ready to play and he fails to put them in position to win games

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Can't believe that fat guy made that play.