Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It’s a much more common occurrence then “every now and then”

His picks were more about his head than his arm (Still 4/1 td/int) and he had a 66% with an 8.5 ypa his last year in college without a pocket. It was schoolyard but it's hard to deny his arm talent. At least I thought so as he's also always accurate in drills.

His biggest issue is if he'll ever stop being a high risk guy and play within an O. My concern with Mitch is the opposite as he'll try to run what's given. Here's hoping Nagy will unleash the Apex predator.
b2dc375eb0072cd11aa827e8f7e2d6e4.jpg

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I would be surprised if Pat Mahomes’ career is as good as Cutler’s. Cutler was, like, a 12-year starter. Just statistically, Mahomes isn’t likely to be that, although who knows. You definitely want a guy like him paired with Andy Reid.

I did want to share with you gents, that as I was driving home today listening to Kansas City sports radio, the topic of the day was whether the Chiefs should go ahead and sign Mahomes early now so they don’t have to deal with his big payday later (you know, 4 years from now). This was a legitimate topic. After one start.

I flipped over to the other KC sports radio station. The topic there: Will Mahomes be a Hall of Famer?

There is absolutely zero thought in this town given to the possibility that this guy might not be great. I’ve never legitimately personally rooted against a non-GB quarterback succeeding, but I’m getting really close, just because I kind of want to see what happens next.

Of course, all that talking head hype is completely independent of whether the kid will actually be good.

Well, since you can't extend him until after 2 more seasons, seems like a moot point. Sports radio has really become a job with zero actual knowledge necessary. As long as you can get the fans all frothed up, you are golden.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
His picks were more about his head than his arm (Still 4/1 td/int) and he had a 66% with an 8.5 ypa his last year in college without a pocket. It was schoolyard but it's hard to deny his arm talent. At least I thought so as he's also always accurate in drills.

His biggest issue is if he'll ever stop being a high risk guy and play within an O. My concern with Mitch is the opposite as he'll try to run what's given. Here's hoping Nagy will unleash the Apex predator.

QB numbers in a Texas Tech offense mean absolutely nothing, particularly completion percentage.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
like ive said before, i liked mahomes as a project to take a mid-late round flier on. for a team desperately in need of a QB its worth the risk of possibly wasting such a pick. which lets be honest, odds are a pure college passer like mahomes probably isnt going to become a great nfl QB.

but as a first round QB, let alone trading a shit load for him? hell no.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Oh I remember his pro bowl. It was one of the weakest in recent memory and took an injury for him to get there. But it wasn’t a very special year. His broncos also missed the playoffs. It was a very solid year, a good year, but nothing spectacular and he never duplicated it afterwards.

You’re right on that part. I’m just talking about his ceiling back then. It was pretty big.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don’t think there is any chance that Nagy won’t be innovative, certainly from what we have seen recently, and somewhat aggressive. Nagy wouldn’t have come to Chicago with a new 1st round QB, and a GM likely tied to his and the QB’s success, without confidence that MT could produce in his offense. There will mistakes. But I think as fans at least, this year will be exciting if not immediately successful.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don’t think there is any chance that Nagy won’t be innovative, certainly from what we have seen recently, and somewhat aggressive. Nagy wouldn’t have come to Chicago with a new 1st round QB, and a GM likely tied to his and the QB’s success, without confidence that MT could produce in his offense. There will mistakes. But I think as fans at least, this year will be exciting if not immediately successful.

Not what I was talking about but OK. I didn't question that the O would produce or be innovative.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
QB numbers in a Texas Tech offense mean absolutely nothing, particularly completion percentage.

They mean a lot more than the zip you provided. Needs a bit more touch but other than that his accuracy is very good unless he's throwing falling backwards etc like he did at times in college. That's head stuff and not arm stuff.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
They mean a lot more than the zip you provided. Needs a bit more touch but other than that his accuracy is very good unless he's throwing falling backwards etc like he did at times in college. That's head stuff and not arm stuff.

Mahomes has some of the worst footwork I have seen. His mechanics suck. He will be airmailing early and often. I bet he throws at least 17 picks this year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How many TDs? How many will be bad throws vs bad decisions? He's a high risk high reward draft pick but his arm is the only thing that got him picked where he was. Yes, even coaches like the long ball but it's not enough to get you drafted top 10. Still happy we got Mitch who I feel has a lot less risk in the mix.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
How many TDs? How many will be bad throws vs bad decisions? He's a high risk high reward draft pick but his arm is the only thing that got him picked where he was. Yes, even coaches like the long ball but it's not enough to get you drafted top 10. Still happy we got Mitch who I feel has a lot less risk in the mix.

25 tds is my guess.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pat Mahomes is Colin Karpernick without the speed/Size/running ability. So Mahomes is basically Kaepernick without all the stuff that made Kaepernick good. When your first instinct as a QB in the NFL is to run out of the pocket, you’re gonna have a bad time.

Last edited:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ouch. This makes AldiPos look like a dope.

You watch, he will bounce back.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This QB stuff is hard and truthfully, none of us know how any of these guys end up. Reid is calling a much better game that Nagy is right now and Mahomes has a year in the system. He's making the plays and deserves his props though most of those TDs are 1st read wide open throws. 3 games can either be a forbearing or a hot streak. I liked Mahomes as the #2 QB coming out but preferred Mitch. I may have got that wrong but maybe it will be the opposite next year. No one here knows. A little early to necro this thread but always entertaining.

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:
This QB stuff is hard and truthfully, none of us know how any of these guys end up. Reid is calling a much better game that Nagy is right now and Mahomes has a year in the system. He's making the plays and deserves his props though most of those TDs are 1st read wide open throws. 3 games can either be a forbearing or a hot streak. I liked Mahomes as the #2 QB coming out but preferred Mitch. I may have got that wrong but maybe it will be the opposite next year. No one here knows. A little early for this thread but always entertaining.

Yeah, hilarious the over-reactionary geniuses on here. Bury a QB one day suck his dick the next. Rinse and repeat.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Anyone who didn’t think Pat Mahomes would have the best 3-game stretch of any QB in history and be at 13 TDs/0 INTs is a FOOL!!