Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I didn't believe that but it will be interesting to see if either is at 100% by kickoff. I'm sure both will be out there unless they have another set back. Pace bringing up the medicals was disappointing. I hope it was bullshit as I like Cam and wish him well.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The ACL graft is most susceptible to being torn between 6-9 months. At this time the person (in this case Meredith and Robinson) should physically be able to run and cut but the graft is still weak. Cutting on a weak graft in this time period is a little risky.

Allen Robinson tore his ACL week 1 of the regular season on September 10. AR is still under 9 months and although he most likely could run and cut there’s absolutely no reason to risk tearing the graft to do some light running in training camp. Nagy was asked about Allen Robinson and his response mirrors this thought. He said that AR is doing fine and they have no need to rush things. Which they don’t. He will be ready for the start of the season. I would expect to see him out there practicing earlier as well.

Jumping to conclusions that he will start the season on PUP is a bit off the mark here lol, relax. AR has nothing to prove to the fans, though I see a 1 minute YouTube clip of half speed running in training camp has confirmed for you that Meredith is a future HOFer.

You are speaking in general when NOs doctors have the ability to examine him directly. So they would have the ability to directly assess the strength of the graft.

Not saying they are right but you are casting aspersions at other doctors without knowing anything about how strong or weak his graft is. Do you even know what type of graft they used on Meredith?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The ACL graft is most susceptible to being torn between 6-9 months. At this time the person (in this case Meredith and Robinson) should physically be able to run and cut but the graft is still weak. Cutting on a weak graft in this time period is a little risky.

Allen Robinson tore his ACL week 1 of the regular season on September 10. AR is still under 9 months and although he most likely could run and cut there’s absolutely no reason to risk tearing the graft to do some light running in training camp. Nagy was asked about Allen Robinson and his response mirrors this thought. He said that AR is doing fine and they have no need to rush things. Which they don’t. He will be ready for the start of the season. I would expect to see him out there practicing earlier as well.

Jumping to conclusions that he will start the season on PUP is a bit off the mark here lol, relax. AR has nothing to prove to the fans, though I see a 1 minute YouTube clip of half speed running in training camp has confirmed for you that Meredith is a future HOFer.

???

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You are speaking in general when NOs doctors have the ability to examine him directly. So they would have the ability to directly assess the strength of the graft.

Not saying they are right but you are casting aspersions at other doctors without knowing anything about how strong or weak his graft is. Do you even know what type of graft they used on Meredith?

He admitted he's not a doctor, it was a bit.

I want to see how committed you are to the bit.

I’ll take this shit all the way to outerspace, or maybe even 1 step further..... premium content land

He did a google search on ACL recovery. I'm going to stick with the opinions of the real doctors that have examined Cam. I think they know more than "doctor" SugarWalls.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Two months until training camp. Two months. Adipost's spastic giddiness in this thread has been amusing.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

Lmao how do you suggest they are assessing this shit? Good stuff.

It doesn’t really matter what graft they used because regardless of what it is it’s going to take the human body the allotted time to make the graft it’s own.

If you guys would just take in what I’m telling you instead of arguing we would all be in a much better place.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lmao how do you suggest they are assessing this shit? Good stuff.

It doesn’t really matter what graft they used because regardless of what it is it’s going to take the human body the allotted time to make the graft it’s own.

If you guys would just take in what I’m telling you instead of arguing we would all be in a much better place.

This is simply incorrect. Certain grafts take longer to heal and have different rates of failure. You have autografts which use the patients own ligaments and have a higher rate of success and you have allografts which are donated ligaments and have a higher rate of failure as you are introducing foreign material to the body.

Humans heal at different rates and it is medical bullshit to claim someone is ahead of schedule when in the 6-9 month period when you have not examined the patient. You simply have no medical basis to make such a claim as you don't know what graft was used on Meredith and how quickly the graft and cells are developing and healing. Only someone that actually examined him would know that.

They are assessing it by actually seeing how well the actual graft and the cells around that are healing. You are pretending there is a strict schedule when in fact how quickly a player progresses through the different levels is entirely dependent on their specific circumstances. Something you once again habe zero knowledge about when it comes to Meredith.

https://www.google.bs/amp/s/syndica...t-his-injury-and-incredible-recovery.amp.html

Nevertheless, each player progresses through rehab at a different rate. Peterson likely graduated from each level of therapy once he proved that his knee was ready rather than according to a strict schedule. When he showed that his knee was strong enough to perform the tasks of an NFL running back with low risk of re-injury, he returned to the field.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Autografts use tendons, dipshit. Tendon is a complete different make up than ligament. An entirely different tissue.

Allografts use tendon as well. I wasn’t going to expand on it but I can’t help myself.

THe body actually turns the donor tendon into a ligament, pretty cool shit. That process takes time. That CANNOT be faster than a certain amount of time. That time being about 9 months. By 6 months the person will be strong enough to run, however the tendon (be it donor or not) is still in a fragile state. So I don’t need to actually examine the patient to tell you it’s dangerous to do full route running or sharp cuts on a healing ACL graft.

Go ahead and answer my question though on how they are assessing the ligament lol. Good shit.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Autografts use tendons, dipshit. Tendon is a complete different make up than ligament. An entirely different tissue.

Allografts use tendon as well. I wasn’t going to expand on it but I can’t help myself.

THe body actually turns the donor tendon into a ligament, pretty cool shit. That process takes time. That CANNOT be faster than a certain amount of time. That time being about 9 months. By 6 months the person will be strong enough to run, however the tendon (be it donor or not) is still in a fragile state. So I don’t need to actually examine the patient to tell you it’s dangerous to do full route running or sharp cuts on a healing ACL graft.

Go ahead and answer my question though on how they are assessing the ligament lol. Good shit.

It is already 9 months since Meredith had the injury and Peterson played an NFL game after 9 months. So it is well within the timeframe for a doctor that actually examined him to say he is ahead of schedule. Your claim is that doing so is ignorant. That is bullshit. It depends on the rate of healing and once again you have no basis to conclude how fast meredith is healing.

I already provided a link that discusses Peterson's recovery that proves that healing times differ.

https://kneesurgerysydney.com.au/acl-recovery/

It is clear from the above that Meredith being at around 9 months is well around the time where doctors can assess whether he is ahead of schedule or not.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
It is already 9 months since Meredith had the injury and Peterson played an NFL game after 9 months. So it is well within the timeframe for a doctor that actually examined him to say he is ahead of schedule. Your claim is that doing so is ignorant. That is bullshit. It depends on the rate of healing and once again you have no basis to conclude how fast meredith is healing.

Do you understand the meaning of half life and other rates? Some rates are constant and cannot be changed. It’s like saying a pregnancy should be faster or slower. That’s a relatively fixed rate with little variance, and when it does vary there are issues.

It’s the same concept here. I can teach you those things as well if you’d like.

Meredith did have his surgery before AR. I didn’t say shit about Meredith. I explained why AR was not running at this point.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do you understand the meaning of half life and other rates? Some rates are constant and cannot be changed. It’s like saying a pregnancy should be faster or slower. That’s a relatively fixed rate with little variance, and when it does vary there are issues.

It’s the same concept here. I can teach you those things as well if you’d like.

Meredith did have his surgery before AR. I didn’t say shit about Meredith. I explained why AR was not running at this point.

You are lying. This is the exchange between you and Numbers which begin with post 36 after you responded to a vid of Cam Meredith not AR

Ummmmmmmmmmm what exactly in this video is anyone supposed to be impressed with. A guy running around half speed without full pads and no defenders........ incredible.

From what I gather it's a question of, was he expected to be this far along in his recovery at this time. From what I read, he was not, putting him ahead of schedule.

This was all covered in the OP. Read more, post less.

I won’t bother hunting it down but I said Aeons ago that signing cam should have nothing to do with his injury due to when he injured it. ACL’s can be rehabbed in 9-12 months back to ready to go.

There’s inherent risk to training on an ACL from 6-9 months as the knee will feel fine and ready to go but the replaced ligament is still becoming stronger during that time.

It’s humanly impossible to speed the process up any faster than 9 months at least with current science. What I am getting at here is that the statement that a person is ‘ahead of schedule’ during this 6-9 month period is ignorant to make. If you desire further educating I can.

You were clearly talking about Meredith not AR. It is entirely a fair statement for a medical doctor who has examined Meredith 9 months after his injury to say he is ahead of schedule as 9 months is within the upper time frame of when healing is largely complete and the graft strength is consistent with the original ACL. We also have real evidence of a guy playing 9 months after ACL injury in Adrian Perterson. So the above statements by you were simply incorrect. The ignorance is you regardless of your qualifications claiming to know that these doctors are ignorant when you have not examined the patient and when once again, Meredith is around 9 months removed from injury.

ACL-strength-v2.jpg

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
You are lying. This is the exchange between you and Numbers which begin with post 36 after you responded to a vid of Cam Meredith not AR

You were clearly trying to suggest that NOs doctors were full of shit for saying Meredith was ahead of schedule. That claim by you is bullshit. Meredith is at 9 months since his injury which is right around the time he should be ready to resume activities.

ACL-strength-v2.jpg

So once again. If the ligament is at its strength at 9 months, then how the fuck is he ahead of schedule????!? You just told me I need to evaluate him and that he could heal faster than 9 months only to double back and show me a link supporting my knowledge.

You’re the dipshit that doesn’t know ACL repairs use tendons. Why don’t you just sit down and listen. Meredith is doing fine, and is doing exactly as he should so the claim by Pace that there is concern is complete bullshit. AR is not participating in team drills for the reasons I mentioned. You are arguing shit I never said.

I’m still waiting though. Tell me how the doctors evaluate the cells. Or are you only going to post more links proving me correct? Thanks.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So once again. If the ligament is at its strength at 9 months, then how the fuck is he ahead of schedule????!? You just told me I need to evaluate him and that he could heal faster than 9 months only to double back and show me a link supporting my knowledge.

You’re the dipshit that doesn’t know ACL repairs use tendons. Why don’t you just sit down and listen. Meredith is doing fine, and is doing exactly as he should so the claim by Pace that there is concern is complete bullshit. AR is not participating in team drills for the reasons I mentioned. You are arguing shit I never said.

I’m still waiting though. Tell me how the doctors evaluate the cells. Or are you only going to post more links proving me correct? Thanks.

Exactly! And that is the point of this entire thread.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

You are lying again. You were not suggesting he was right on schedule. You were suggesting that it was wrong for the doctors to have him taking part in drills because of the risk of injury. You were also claiming that the graft was still weak which at 9 months it is not typically. Finally, Meredith is ahead of schedule because he also suffered a minor MCL tear which can extend the recovery times.

At 6-9 months the graft is not weak. It in fact has already turned the corner is continually gaining strength minus any setbacks. Given Meredith is at 9 months, he is right around the time that his graft should be as strong as his original ACL. No one was disputing your comments on Robinson. We were disputing your comments on Meredith as you were taking shots at the doctors when they have a clearer idea of his timetable and the extent of his injury. When they say he is ahead of schedule, they mean in relation to the actual injury he had as every injury is different. His was complicated by a minor MCL tear as well but it is entirely fair for them to say he is ahead of schedule after 9 months.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Exactly! And that is the point of this entire thread.

Before he was released I mentioned it would have nothing to do with the surgery and rehab as he only had ACL damage, only for Pace to come out and say there was concern. Obviously that was fake news.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Remy you are so foundationally wrong in all aspects it’s sad. You’re wrong on so many things I don’t even care to spend the time to correct you. I know more than you.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy you are so foundationally wrong in all aspects it’s sad. You’re wrong on so many things I don’t even care to spend the time to correct you. I know more than you.

Sounds like the cries of the defeated. You are so foundationally wrong about Meredith's graft being weak at 9 months without you examining him that I can see why you are giving up now.

Let's be real. In your desire to defend AR and the Bears, you said something ignorant about NO's claims about Meredith being ahead of schedule. You then tried to lie and say you were not talking about Meredith when clearly you were. Shit happens.