Cameron Meredith is getting ready to run the NFC South ahead of schedule

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hope the best for him. I wasn’t thrilled to see him go. Pace apparently had a plan. It looks good, I guess, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The assumption in all the hand wringing over Meredith is that Pace valued him as much as the fan(s) does. Thats what leads to the conclusion that Pace should have gone the little bit extra distance to keep him.

But maybe Pace just didn't value Meredith as much as fans do. Maybe that 3 mil number was already uncomfortable for him and more was out of the question. Maybe Pace was OK with Meredith leaving? Don't really get what is so hard about that.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
The assumption in all the hand wringing over Meredith is that Pace valued him as much as the fan(s) does. Thats what leads to the conclusion that Pace should have gone the little bit extra distance to keep him.

But maybe Pace just didn't value Meredith as much as fans do. Maybe that 3 mil number was already uncomfortable for him and more was out of the question. Maybe Pace was OK with Meredith leaving? Don't really get what is so hard about that.

Nobody said Pace valued Meredith as much as fans do. Pace’s failure to value Meredith at a minuscule price is the issue.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you can't question player evaluations of a GM as a fan, then you really have no basis to question any personnel move other than in hindsight. I just don't agree with that line of thinking.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I hope the best for him, I don't miss him at all though. He had a good stretch 2 years ago with a QB that matched his strengths and looked for him constantly. He's been replaced by WR's I'm more excited about.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Miller and Wims could be our Swann and Stallworth.... Their collective ceilings way out soar Cam's

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
The only way this will bother me is if Robinson struggles to come back from his acl tear and Cam thrives. It will be upsetting if our training staff wasn't comfortable giving him 5 mil a year but gave Robinson a boat load

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you can't question player evaluations of a GM as a fan, then you really have no basis to question any personnel move other than in hindsight. I just don't agree with that line of thinking.

Nah, wasn't saying that. Just clarifying the issue.

As far as how I value Meredith, meh. imo he is just a guy and we only have any attachment to him because for 2 years he was the only WR on the team that had the slightest chance to be not shit.

napo55

Liked Posts:
The question is whether Pace was right. If Meredith makes a quick recovery and has a great season and Robinson makes a slow recovery and has a lousy season, Pace can be fairly criticized for an error in judgment---just as he should be given credit for a very good decision if the opposite is true. Just like any of us, he is subject to evaluation on how he performs his job. His job is to make the correct personnel decisions.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The question is whether Pace was right. If Meredith makes a quick recovery and has a great season and Robinson makes a slow recovery and has a lousy season, Pace can be fairly criticized for an error in judgment---just as he should be given credit for a very good decision if the opposite is true. Just like any of us, he is subject to evaluation on how he performs his job. His job is to make the correct personnel decisions.

Robinson and Meredith is a stupid comparison or competition because they serve totally different purposes. To even suggest that one had anything at all to do with the other is ridiculous. Even Gabriel vs Meredith is a stretch. Maybe Wims vs Meredith.

Robinson is a legit #1 WR. It just shows the absurd bias around here to equate Robinson and Meredith.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Maybe Pace was OK with Meredith leaving? Don't really get what is so hard about that.

Because pace has let good players walk and replaced them with garbage. Pace miscalculated merediths value when he put an original round tender instead of a second round tender.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because pace has let good players walk and replaced them with garbage. Pace miscalculated merediths value when he put an original round tender instead of a second round tender.

Agree about Pace's history, but Meredith was a middling player with some hope for more. Again, silly bias is being show when equating Meredith with Bennett, Forte, Marshall, or Jeffreese when they left.

Meredith is exactly the kind of player fans of shit teams agonize over and good teams turn over every year.

But really its my bad. I figured out the solution. I need to stay the fuck out of dumb Meredith threads. My bad.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;RX-Rgu8Xcu0]https://youtu.be/RX-Rgu8Xcu0[/video]