Cameron Meredith is getting ready to run the NFC South ahead of schedule

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Just because he’s ahead on his rehab doesn’t mean he will be the same player.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the issue is that Pace didn't value Meredith as much as you? Isn't that literally exactly what I said?

Ryan Pace is the one who went into 2017 with Cameron Meredith as his #1 WR. He showed terrible judgment then, time will tell whether he showed terrible judgment in letting Meredith go for $2 million. It seems he has gone to extremes in both cases (overvalue/undervalue).

napo55

Liked Posts:
Interesting that Meredith seems to be ahead of Robinson in his rehab. The story was that Meredith's injury was more serious and that was one of the reasons they let him go.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I liked Cam and wanted him to stay.

But remember, we have an offensive HC now and a guy who knows the ingredients he needs for his offense. Burton, Gabriel, and Miller are prototypes for Nagy's offense. And Robinson gives them that much needed X receiver. I'm going to trust Nagy's opinion over mine or any poster on a MB.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Looking at their 2016 stats (before their injuries), they look like similar receivers. Except Meredith was still learning the position and making the transition to WR.

Cam Meredith: 66 receptions for 888 yards, 13,5 av ypc, 4 tds.

Allen Robinson: 73 receptions for 883 yards, 12.1 ypc, 6 tds.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Looking at their 2016 stats (before their injuries), they look like similar receivers. Except Meredith was still learning the position and making the transition to WR.

Cam Meredith: 66 receptions for 888 yards, 13,5 av ypc, 4 tds.

Allen Robinson: 73 receptions for 883 yards, 12.1 ypc, 6 tds.

Why not compare both of their second seasons? Each player's breakout year? Why use Robinson's year after his breakout, when teams were now concerned about him?

napo55

Liked Posts:
Why not compare both of their second seasons? Each player's breakout year? Why use Robinson's year after his breakout, when teams were now concerned about him?

Good point. Or you could conclude that Meredith was improving and Robinson had reached his peak. I guess we will find out this year.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace himself all but said he wasn't all too interested in keeping Cam...wanted to overhaul instead.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/96301-Interesting-Ryan-Pace-quotes?p=3047327#post3047327

Ryan Pace on Cameron Meredith:

“Based on what we did in the offseason and what we could do in the draft, it didn’t make sense for us to match the offer,” Pace told me. “The receiver position is one you can overhaul pretty quickly, and we tried to do that. Cam was a good player and a big hit for us, and I hope he does really well, honestly.”

Just as several of us tried saying when many here went nuts like the sky was falling over "how could Pace screw it up and LET Meredith go".

Sounds like Pace & Bears were more like: "We just don't see this relationship going anywhere", which really just means "We think we can do better"...and they went and did.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
Interesting that Meredith seems to be ahead of Robinson in his rehab. The story was that Meredith's injury was more serious and that was one of the reasons they let him go.

Cam was hurt several weeks earlier. That makes a difference at this point of rehab.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last edited:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This is stupid, Pace wanted him at $2M but not at $3M? That is lame, the Pace apologists think there is some drop dead line in the sand between $2M and $3M, there is not.

Of course he wanted Cam back, he just got cheap and stupid, he thought he was being clever and got schooled, again. I think Pace had a good offseason even with this fuck up.

Please stop saying Cam would have been #4 on the Bears this season, only one WR on the roster has had a season better than Cam in 2016, 888 yards. Putting him behind Gabriel who had 378 yards last season and Miller who has never even played a single down is beyond stupid. I get it we all want Pace to be a genius but this is just pathetic.

Our hero fucked up, it happens, deal with it, it's not the end of the world, just another strike on his record.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have to agree with 51. Not going with a 2nd round tender is real head scratcher.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Well, Ryan Pace can’t go back to “we tlean our medical staff” now that Meredith is running drills. That would be quite odd.

How is Meredith ahead in his recovery? The very first sentence in the link in the OP says Meredith did not participate in drills. And there were articles a couple of weeks ago about Robinson being ahead of schedule. It's all just filler.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...allen-robinson-ahead-of-the-game-in-acl-rehab

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, Ryan Pace can’t go back to “we tlean our medical staff” now that Meredith is running drills. That would be quite odd.

How is Meredith ahead in his recovery? The very first sentence in the link in the OP says Meredith did not participate in drills. And there were articles a couple of weeks ago about Robinson being ahead of schedule. It's all just filler.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...allen-robinson-ahead-of-the-game-in-acl-rehab

"That would be quite odd"

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;RX-Rgu8Xcu0]https://youtu.be/RX-Rgu8Xcu0[/video]

Ummmmmmmmmmm what exactly in this video is anyone supposed to be impressed with. A guy running around half speed without full pads and no defenders........ incredible.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ummmmmmmmmmm what exactly in this video is anyone supposed to be impressed with. A guy running around half speed without full pads and no defenders........ incredible.

From what I gather it's a question of, was he expected to be this far along in his recovery at this time. From what I read, he was not, putting him ahead of schedule.

This was all covered in the OP. Read more, post less.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
First, I like Cam. I thought his route running was extremely under valued. That said... I don't think it's wise to pay the 6th catching target on your team $5.3mil guaranteed. It's just not smart business.

For those who wish the Bears kept Cam... Who on the current roster would you give up to keep him? And would you expect Cam to have played special teams if he stayed?

Robinson
White (5.2mil guaranteed, so replacing him with Cam means it's costing $10.5mil minus offset if White was signed elsewhere)
Gabriel
Miller
Wimms (7th rnd rookie contract and will probably play Special teams)

One of these 2 might stay but even if they do, they'll be way down the pecking order and they're cheaper combined.

Fowler ($1mil - 1 year)
Brown ($705K - 1 year)

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is stupid, Pace wanted him at $2M but not at $3M? That is lame, the Pace apologists think there is some drop dead line in the sand between $2M and $3M, there is not.

Of course he wanted Cam back, he just got cheap and stupid, he thought he was being clever and got schooled, again. I think Pace had a good offseason even with this fuck up.

Please stop saying Cam would have been #4 on the Bears this season, only one WR on the roster has had a season better than Cam in 2016, 888 yards. Putting him behind Gabriel who had 378 yards last season and Miller who has never even played a single down is beyond stupid. I get it we all want Pace to be a genius but this is just pathetic.

Our hero
fucked up, it happens, deal with it, it's not the end of the world, just another strike on his record.

Not my hero.....thanks

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Is Allen Robinson on the field doing any kind of drills? People here were saying that Meredith was behind Robinson’s recovery and might start on the PUP list.