Draft Thread

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, Stan really botched this one.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Idk Jack about nhl prospects other then what the “gurus” rate guys. Using a top ten pick on a child with multiple concussions is so 15 years ago.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DgVz5-5X0AAtSNM.jpg

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I was really hoping one of Tkachuk or Zadina would fall to the Hawks. Yes, the D requires an overhaul, but a top-6 winger has been a need for quite some time (even more so with the Hoss situation).

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
I was really hoping for Zadina, but I'm good with the Boqvist pick. He got picked right where I thought he would. At #27, I wish Bowman went with Joe Veleno instead, but I understand taking Beaudin. I really like the Wise, Nordgren, and Kurashev picks.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Duclair just never fit here. I dont know if he just could never find the puck when it hit his stick. They force fed him on the Toews line and he never was noticed much. Does not matter who we lost or what we might have had if they never traded for him, but at least there is a spot open on the ice.

Last week they said they were getting close with Jurco, still have not heard if they signed him. Probably better to let him move along as well. Really want to see some physical play this year and if this opens a spot for Haydon full time its better for me.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Duclair just never fit here. I dont know if he just could never find the puck when it hit his stick. They force fed him on the Toews line and he never was noticed much. Does not matter who we lost or what we might have had if they never traded for him, but at least there is a spot open on the ice.

Last week they said they were getting close with Jurco, still have not heard if they signed him. Probably better to let him move along as well. Really want to see some physical play this year and if this opens a spot for Haydon full time its better for me.

They haven't had physical play since 2011, why start now? :D

Seriously...it will likely mean Q, Stan, or both gone.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Duclaire... another waste of a trade.

Stan has really struggled in the trade market.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Duclaire... another waste of a trade.

Stan has really struggled in the trade market.

Its just when they had Daley, they realized pretty quickly that he was not a fit for this system and moved him along. I am not sure Murphy fits and knew Duclair did not fit. I sure hope Joker fits, otherwise I would rather see SVedberg sign with the hawks than the route they will go with another betteran

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Its just when they had Daley, they realized pretty quickly that he was not a fit for this system and moved him along. I am not sure Murphy fits and knew Duclair did not fit. I sure hope Joker fits, otherwise I would rather see SVedberg sign with the hawks than the route they will go with another betteran

I mean we gave up Hammer for Murphy more/less.... we gave up a top 2 Dman for junk.

Panik for Duclaire.... bit of a wash really.

I can name trades that were not good but didn't really hurt us, ala Kimo Timmonen.

The only one I can think of in the last 8 years that was worth it was the 1st for Vermette's rental.... he helped in that Cup run quite a bit.

His trades otherwise are mostly dog shit.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I think Q & Stan's asses are fired before they give up on The Joker.