Draft Thread

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
With the draft less than a month away, I thought I’d make a thread since there doesn’t seem to be one for this year.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
I just posted this on the subreddit. I went through a variety of rankings and scenarios and made a list of who I want to see taken at each. I know this team needs defensemen, but the board didn’t work out that way. This list obviously depends on if all the players are available at their respective picks. Here we go:

1st Round, Pick 8: Oliver Wahlstrom - C/RW - USHL

A lot of people would like to see a defenseman here, but I’m predicting Hughes and Dobson go right before us. So, Bowman goes with BPA and takes Wahlstrom, one of the top goal-scoring prospects in the draft.

1st Round, Pick 27 (NSH): Jonatan Berggren - C/RW - SHL

A lot of people will ask who Berggren is. I believe he is the one of the most underrated prospects, who deserves more love. According to CanucksArmy.com, Berggren has a 100% likelihood of success. The only other prospects with a 100% are Svechnikov and Wahlstrom. That is pretty impressive.

3rd Round, Pick 69: Jakub Skarek - G - Czech

This team needs all the organizational goaltending they can get. There isn’t a top goalie prospect on the level of a Oettinger or Vasilevskiy. However, they can get a solid one here in the 3rd with Skarek, many whom view as the top goaltender in this draft. He could end up falling to #87, but I thought I’d take him here.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll take a small D-man if they can actually come in next year and do something neither Keith nor Seabrook did this past year: Play defense.

That being said, the 'hawks have holes all over the lineup, so whomever is the best at #8 they should take. We could use Centers, LW, RW, & D-men.

Goalies you don't take 1st round. Too much risk.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
[FONT="][URL="https://twitter.com/NHLBlackhawks"]Chicago BlackhawksVerified account @NHLBlackhawks[/URL] 5h5 hours agoMore

[/FONT]

[FONT="]"When you're in that spot, you have a chance for something special."A new season of [URL="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OnTheClock?src=hash"]#OnTheClock[/URL], the documentary series bringing you unparalleled access of the #Blackhawks' preparation for the #NHLDraft, debuts tomorrow!Presented by @ZOOMZOOMNATION
[/FONT]

I would think it would be about the 20 people shopping for suits when they march to the stage to announce their pick.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Well, apparently Hawks talking to washington, to give up a first round pick for their die hard goaltender Philip grubauer.

Dont know why a first round pick for a RFA if it cost 4 million for Darling in that place last year.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
5 1/2 hours until the draft!

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Stan gonna get fired, why not Bouchard?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Apparently we need help on D lol

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Struggling to determine which GM is more predictable: Stan or GarPax?

Just so incredibly risk-averse, unimaginative, vanilla, milquetoast, and predictable.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Was on a flight for the draft anyone got a good recap of the Hawks draft?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Was on a flight for the draft anyone got a good recap of the Hawks draft?

Saw this note.....

Winners
New York Islanders

— Drafted Oliver Wahlstrom 11th overall and Noah Dobson 12th overall.
New Islanders GM Lou Lamoriello wasted little time in getting things done, drafting two legit prospects in American YouTube phenom Oliver Wahlstrom 11th overall and consensus top-five pick (who slipped) in Acadie-Bathurst defenseman Noah Dobson 12th overall. Both players have tremendous upside and add two A-prospects to an organization desperate for them. Lamoriello got maximum value out of his two selections.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We drafted two D men who are a ways from getting near NHL ice.

Not a fan of either pick. Doesn't look like either will be here for 2-3 years. Not sure how that helps us win now. Would have like to have Whalstrom.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I guess the kid we took at 8 has had 3 concussions in 2 years.