Trubisky ranked 7th among 2nd-year players entering 2018

Washington

Liked Posts:
The probowl means nothing to me ever since Akiem Hicks got snubbed. You can rip on Pace for a few things, but his drafting has been pretty solid thus far.

Screw the PB, I want Pace to draft the next rookie of the year for either side of the ball. Hope Roquan or Miller have a shot at DROY or OROY though I doubt it, but it'd be really cool!

Are you guys suggesting that it is not good to have players voted to the PB? I would prefer to have some draft picks selected because that typically means they are upper echelon players. Regardless, I still look forward to the day when one of Pace's picks is voted to the PB.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
List looks accurate enough. Hope each one becomes a star player next year.

Mahomes not getting any love on Good Morning Football.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Huge snubs to Tre’Davious White and Reuben Foster, who both played like all pros. Just ask Dion Sims...

MSs1Ib.gif

Last edited:

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a get by the Saints in 2017 drafting the NFC Offensive and Defensive players of the year, both voted to the PB. I look forward to the year when one of Pace's draft picks are voted (not injury replacement) into the PB. I think Smith will be his 1st.

Don’t forget aboot Ryan Ramczyk and Marcus Williams. They were both high end starters last year. That 2017 Saints draft class was God like, 4 potential pro bowl players.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Don’t forget aboot Ryan Ramczyk and Marcus Williams. They were both high end starters last year. That 2017 Saints draft class was God like, 4 potential pro bowl players.

Bears fans don't have any idea what that feels like. We don't even know what four high end starters feel like per decade outside of the 80's. But by God, I'm told every year around this time, "We might have three, possibly four starters, in this draft class!"

Haha, yeah sure.?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
By Nate Burleson
NFL.com Analyst

1 Deshaun Watson QB Texans

After years of shuffling through starting quarterbacks, the Texans finally found their guy in Watson. He took the league by storm when competing with some of the most high flying offenses during his six starts -- New England in Week 3, Kansas City in Week 5, and Seattle in Week 6. Unfortunately a non-contact knee injury ended his impressive rookie campaign, one that had him in the MVP conversation at midseason. There's no doubt in my mind that Watson picks up where he left off.

2 Kareem Hunt RB Chiefs

Hunt was a huge part of Andy Reid's offense in 2017 and finished as the league rushing leader (1,327 yards). With Patrick Mahomes stepping in under center after Alex Smith's departure, Hunt's role will have a greater impact on the Chiefs' offensive success. I'm looking for Hunt to maintain a level of consistency for 16 games, something we didn't see in Year 1 with a midseason dip in production.

3 Alvin Kamara RB Saints

Kamara took the Saints' offense to another level after the team parted ways with Adrian Peterson. The duo of Kamara and Mark Ingram then took tremendous pressure off Drew Brees and the passing game, putting up gaudy numbers and flashy plays every time out. The 2017 Offensive Rookie of the Year is poised to take an even bigger role early in 2018 with Ingram's four-game suspension, so it'll be interesting how Sean Payton utilizes his young star.

4 Leonard Fournette RB Jaguars

Having three running backs in my top four shouldn't surprise anyone after their show-stopping performances in 2017. Fournette quickly became the anchor of the Jags' offense and will carry a greater load in Year 2 with a young wide receiver group taking the field. Unlike Hunt and Kamara, Fournette brings an old-school style to the position. He's a hard-nosed bruiser who can eat up yardage and the clock.

5 Marshon Lattimore CB Saints

Lattimore looked anything but a rookie in 2017. Not only did he elevate a defense that sorely needed it to compete in the NFC, he solidified himself as one of the league's best defensive backs. Named the 2017 Defensive Rookie of the Year, Lattimore should maintain his high-level play on the island.

6 JuJu Smith-Schuster WR Steelers

There's a lot to like about this kid. He made big contributions to a Steelers offense already full of talent. JuJu led all rookie receivers in receiving yards (917) and receiving touchdowns (seven) last year, and he moves up the depth chart with the departure of Martavis Bryant. The No. 2 receiver spot is perfect for the second-year wideout as JuJu should get more touches with Antonio Brown garnering most of the attention opposite him.

7 Mitchell Trubisky QB Bears

The run-first Bears offense kept a lot of responsibility off Trubisky in 2017. It's like Trubisky was trying to find his way in a room with the lights off. Now, the lights are on and he can see all of his newly-signed weapons -- Allen Robinson, Taylor Gabriel and Trey Burton. We're going to see how comfortable Trubisky is under center as this offense becomes more balanced. Even with the plethora of offensive additions, though, this offense will still run through the legs of Jordan Howard.

8 Adoree Jackson CB Titans

Jackson is the new-school cornerback and versatile defensive back every team wants. We saw glimpses of big-play ability in 2017, and he's poised to take a leap as a sophomore. With a year under Jackson's belt and the addition of Malcolm Butler, the Titans' secondary should improve the team's 25th-ranked passing defense from a year ago.

9 Jamal Adams S Jets

Adams was a big get for the Jets in the 2017 NFL Draft. He has the mind of a veteran in a young player's body, evident by his fast play on the field. Adams has figured it out early in his career, which could land him a Pro Bowl nod in Year 2.

10 Christian McCaffrey RB Panthers

McCaffrey had a good season as a rookie, posting more than 1,000 yards from scrimmage for the Panthers. He'll take over as the team's primary running back with Jonathan Stewart moving on in free agency, and I'm curious to see how much more the Panthers utilize him. I'd expect his numbers to rise in 2018.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...on-heads-nfls-top-secondyear-players-for-2018

You are so full of it!!! Why don't you be straight up and put Watson and his comments in bold instead of Trubisky. You're as fake as fuck, you only posted this article because of Watson. I can't stand fake ass people

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You are so full of it!!! Why don't you be straight up and put Watson and his comments in bold instead of Trubisky. You're as fake as fuck, you only posted this article because of Watson. I can't stand fake ass people

Woah, settle down buddy. I think Mick just wanted to highlight that Trubisky is actually receiving some positive national media. Being ranked 7th is pretty high for the season that Trubisky had.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seems fine to me.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Woah, settle down buddy. I think Mick just wanted to highlight that Trubisky is actually receiving some positive national media. Being ranked 7th is pretty high for the season that Trubisky had.

It is possible both can be good players after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

#triggered

Speed

Liked Posts:
For you to take Adams/Rosen over Trubisky/Smith.

I'd rather have Jackson tbh. Maybe Adams steps up, but he played a bunch of positions averagely last year. TE's had their way with him

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What a get by the Saints in 2017 drafting the NFC Offensive and Defensive players of the year, both voted to the PB. I look forward to the year when one of Pace's draft picks are voted (not injury replacement) into the PB. I think Smith will be his 1st.

I may be saying the same about them and Davenport next year.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This thread was started yesterday and has had numerous replies and decent conversation. Nobody even mentioned Watson until you did. Take your emo ass and go whine somewhere else, men are talking.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd rather have Jackson tbh. Maybe Adams steps up, but he played a bunch of positions averagely last year. TE's had their way with him

Adams is going to be a multiple time pro bowler. To say you'd take Jackson over him at this point is homer af.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:

I don't think he is fake. He is a real Watson fan.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Adams is going to be a multiple time pro bowler. To say you'd take Jackson over him at this point is homer af.

Based on what? Certainly not his coverage last year. A lot of Jets fans don't even share the same energy. You act like that's an insult or Jackson played horribly. Don't we need more turnovers and ball magnets from the secondary? Adams hasn't shown that knack yet, Jackson has.