Thompson Conspiracy

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The important thing so far this year is that Ropert and Jiminez and Abreu all look the part. Anderson is playing good enough. Moncada offers similar balance of power and speed.

Those two look about average for what they are, with upside potential. Good thing they are ahead of the re-build by a year or two to work on their games and be able to hold onto a roster spot when things get tight in 1-2 years.

Skole is doing one of those rookie surge things...entering himself into conversations as one of the top 9 hitters of the future? Probably not, but when you do the rookie surge thing the team will have to leave you in to find out. He hasn't done enough yet...just doing it so far.

Castillo. LOL. I can almost see why he did it. He was having a down year when he needed to have an up year for contract. He was battling nagging injuries at a position where you get beat up...I get it. He isn't a monster, he just crossed that line.

So the title of this thread...is I think the other interesting going on. The acquisition of Thompson. How do you break a dynasty? You sign the guy who got paid last, who stepped into a "role player" spot when he is more than that, and his defense being the reason they can win championships along with Green.

He is a top 10 3-point guy in league history who plays with 2 others on that list and is third fiddle.

Its painfully obvious the owner of the Bulls "acquired" his brother to play for his White Sox.

? right? I'm just guessing, but whats a pretty cool thing for a basketball player who been to 5 finals in a row? does the bball life, needs a break, important free agency coming up.

Hmmmm....go hang with your bro doing the Baseball life.

Thompson is getting the Michael Jordan treatment lol, starting while batting .187. (his defense and talent justifies it to a degree I'm just saying).

So...I'm just guessing, but Clay will be in ChiTown in a couple weeks chilling in a high rise apartment, enjoying the city and his brothers accomplishments. Enjoying the city with his brother...be sure to pump the hype machine and welcome him with the goods.

He would be the perfect two way free agent to elevate the team and open up the #8 draft pick to Center or PG.

You all know Paxon is going to go hard after him, and the White Sox are being used as a secret weapon?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Chess, not checkers.