2018 NBA Finals Thread GSW 4 - CLE zip null zilch

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm surprised that this many people are bitching over the call. It was clear as day that LeBron didn't establish himself....he was still moving. I'm shocked the officials had the balls to go back and change it.

I agree with Rose 100%. They got the call right, I wish they got it right without the review!

He was moving, point blank. Should have been a charge all the way and I applaud the way the rule was altered to allow for this change and get it right. I understand the consternation in the way this happened and that this is the highest level that call was ever altered!! I get that.

But the final call was correct, Lebron was moving 100%. Lebron was late, still moving, and throwing yourself into a risk of injuring someone needs to be done right to be awarded a charge. That is the riskiest play in basketball, and you need to do it right or I think it should be punished harshly for how dangerous that is. He was late. Still moving. End of discussion.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Being down 2-0 isn't an unfamiliar spot for the Cavs, but going against this Warriors team minus Irving(and, plus a few solid supporting guys I guess) is going to be a much more difficult play.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
LeBron calls himself the goat and can’t even get that game.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Cavs will come back from 3 down.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Lebron will go elsewhere. Houston hopefully. That's what I am hoping for...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
houuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
LeBron calls himself the goat and can’t even get that game.

Game on the line and he's dumping the ball off to Trisitian Thompson who's not even wide open.

Basketball IQ though.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Game on the line and he's dumping the ball off to Trisitian Thompson who's not even wide open.

Basketball IQ though.
One could argue that the same mentality cost them game 1 (passing to George Hill instead of taking it himself)

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So are we tired of this Finals match-up yet?

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I've seen a lot of articles and people getting hyped for LeBron passing Jordan in playoff career 30 point games. And I love how all of these people conveniently leave out the fact that LeBron, as of this moment, has played 59 more playoff games to get to that total.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
So are we tired of this Finals match-up yet?

My father doesn't even watch sports and he was bitching to me about it.

(ESPN is on in the lockerroom at the gym he goes to)

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
So many lulz with how media outlets and fans are narrating this game. Heck, the excuses are a good chuckle as well.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So many lulz with how media outlets and fans are narrating this game. Heck, the excuses are a good chuckle as well.
Care to elaborate?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Care to elaborate?

Oh, say... a team like the Warriors who was missing the 2015 Finals MVP for the first two games can lose games to every challenger it has faced, but then goes up against the Cavs, it's inevitable that the Warriors don't lose. Reason being, this Cavs team is all scrubs. But funny how a lot of those fans who are suggesting it is obvious that JR Smith is a headcase, and all-star Kevin Love is a role player, are the same fans and writers who have wanted them on their own teams in the past. Some of which are Bulls fans that thought Love instead of Boozer would have made all the difference(that Love was the top-3 best PF in the NBA), as well as adding JR Smith when Bogans was starting was the teams final piece. Not saying they are right or wrong about what would happen with the Bulls or other teams, saying they can't claim it both ways that x-team can complete their missing piece AND the Cavs are lacking a supporting cast, especially when said players are merely 29 and 32 years old. Even the Pelicans pulled off one game... the PELICANS. So Pelicans > Cavs? Come on people, stop meat-balling out Stevie Wonder A Smith sermons.

So what is laughable is the preemptive excuses for WHY the Cavs will (in their claim) get swept. IMO, the Cavs might not get swept, the NBA has too much money at stake and will find ways to put their thumb on the scale. If the Warriors can over-come ref interference and just torch them, then hot damn, refs cant do jack. But a SWEEP(key word to all claims here) is not due to the Cavs lacking a cast of players. That is flat out fictitious and terribly inconsistent with every other possible conclusion.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
LeBron looks pretty fucking done with this team.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
This is the 2nd time LeBron was swept in the finals.

You wont see a infographic comparing that to Jordan.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
No way can Lebron be in the Jordan stratosphere with all the Finals losses on his resume.