Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
If we try going after Thompson, I would hope what just happened was a sprain. It looked bad.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
If we try going after Thompson, I would hope what just happened was a sprain. It looked bad.

Back in the game.

Do people really think there's a possibility to leave? I can see him taking less money to stay with GS. I don't get the Harrison Barnes vibe from him.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Back in the game.

Do people really think there's a possibility to leave? I can see him taking less money to stay with GS. I don't get the Harrison Barnes vibe from him.

I personally don't think he will leave. Does he think he could be "The Guy" on another team?. I don't see him as that type and I don't think he does as well. He already comes from money so I don't think that plays a part either. Harden is the exception to the rule. Barnes is just another system guy that thought they were worth more then they were. Truth is that there are more Harrison Barnes out there than James Hardens. Klay is a smart kid and stay. We should just do what we are doing and draft smart and hope the process works developing the young guys.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Awful awareness by JR. Probably cost the Cavs the game.

edit: oops wrong thread

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That overturned charge was one of the worst calls I've seen.

With that said(and JRs obvious fuckery), you still have to try to not get smashed in OT. At that point, Bron was a bit tired and Cleveland was clearly outmatched.

This series is all but over it seems.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
That overturned charge was one of the worst calls I've seen.

With that said(and JRs obvious fuckery), you still have to try to not get smashed in OT. At that point, Bron was a bit tired and Cleveland was clearly outmatched.

This series is all but over it seems.

you cannot slide into taking a block once the offensive player has left the floor with his basketball move. Lue is a moron for thinking you can injure a player as long as you are outside the circle. Here is a note for you Tyrone, if James were 4 feet away from the circle, HE WOULD BE AT THE FUCKING FREE THROW LINE

All I thought about was John Paxson vindicating himself for dumping JR and his million dollar contract and never allowing him in the building after the Chandler trade.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
you cannot slide into taking a block once the offensive player has left the floor with his basketball move. Lue is a moron for thinking you can injure a player as long as you are outside the circle. Here is a note for you Tyrone, if James were 4 feet away from the circle, HE WOULD BE AT THE FUCKING FREE THROW LINE

All I thought about was John Paxson vindicating himself for dumping JR and his million dollar contract and never allowing him in the building after the Chandler trade.

https://streamable.com/90pr0

It appears that wasn't the reason the play was reviewed in the first place though. It was initially a charge and then it was reviewed because they wanted to confirm whether or not he was in the circle(which he clearly wasn't, the justification which includes Jeff Green's foot is pretty silly). I think that's the only way they can review these calls when it's under 2 minutes in the 4th.

The VP even admits it's a "tie at best". So if you're reviewing the play for something different than whether or not LeBron was moving, AND there is any ambiguity in James' movement, why do you overturn the call in a 4th quarter <2 minute situation in the NBA finals?

Not a good look.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Asking a man to take a discount is always dangerous.

At some point he may want to think about his own hall of fame chances and reputation.

His HoF chances right now are zero. imo.

On another team he would have to boost his scoring to 25 pionts, stay healthy, play two ways, and win 1-2 more chips but I don't think those chances are "zero."

Gotta get boring being 4th most respected guy on a team with 4 trips to finals in a row.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

It appears that wasn't the reason the play was reviewed in the first place though. It was initially a charge and then it was reviewed because they wanted to confirm whether or not he was in the circle(which he clearly wasn't, the justification which includes Jeff Green's foot is pretty silly). I think that's the only way they can review these calls when it's under 2 minutes in the 4th.

The VP even admits it's a "tie at best". So if you're reviewing the play for something different than whether or not LeBron was moving, AND there is any ambiguity in James' movement, why do you overturn the call in a 4th quarter <2 minute situation in the NBA finals?

Not a good look.
The problem is not the call itself, pretty much every analyst afterwards said it's a clear charge, but how it was called/reviewed. It was called a charge on the floor and Lebron was clearly well outside the circle. The justification to go to replay review to overturn it was bogus.

However, I have seen times before where the refs would congregate without replay and discuss the call and then go one way or the other (ie Tony Brothers called charge, and Kenny Maur called block, they discuss and go one way or another)...had they done that I think perhaps there is less rage over the call. Not sure if they can do that in that <2m scenario, but it's something I've seen before.

Game changing play in that situation, technically they made the right call, but how they got there definitely sucked the life out of the Cavs. Real time that looked like a charge though. :shrug:

Still, if Hill makes his free throws, maybe it doesn't matter. Or if Lebron just takes it himself (what's Curry gonna do anyway). Or if JR didn't screw up. Or if the Cavs in general could've made a 3. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's just surprising because I've heard that Lebron gets all of the calls.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The problem is not the call itself, pretty much every analyst afterwards said it's a clear charge, but how it was called/reviewed. It was called a charge on the floor and Lebron was clearly well outside the circle. The justification to go to replay review to overturn it was bogus.

However, I have seen times before where the refs would congregate without replay and discuss the call and then go one way or the other (ie Tony Brothers called charge, and Kenny Maur called block, they discuss and go one way or another)...had they done that I think perhaps there is less rage over the call. Not sure if they can do that in that <2m scenario, but it's something I've seen before.

Game changing play in that situation, technically they made the right call, but how they got there definitely sucked the life out of the Cavs. Real time that looked like a charge though. :shrug:

Still, if Hill makes his free throws, maybe it doesn't matter. Or if Lebron just takes it himself (what's Curry gonna do anyway). Or if JR didn't screw up. Or if the Cavs in general could've made a 3. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

I guess the call itself wasn't bad, but in context the way they arrived to that conclusion was certainly not good.

And yea, this was not really the reason the Cavs lost. There were plenty of chances for them to win.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's just surprising because I've heard that Lebron gets all of the calls.
Honestly, after the game I felt as though Lebron had gotten shafted by the refs. It was an odd and confusing feeling.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I guess the call itself wasn't bad, but in context the way they arrived to that conclusion was certainly not good.

And yea, this was not really the reason the Cavs lost. There were plenty of chances for them to win.
As Lue pointed out in the post game, the situation around that review was rather unprecedented. I wouldn't say it cost them the game (though it certainly had a big impact). Saying that that called robbed the Cavs is a bit much imo.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I'm surprised that this many people are bitching over the call. It was clear as day that LeBron didn't establish himself....he was still moving. I'm shocked the officials had the balls to go back and change it.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I saw somewhere that the deal they were looking at, Thompson would be giving up about $90 million. Not many people would give that type of money up even if they are already rich. I could see him leaving if he had to give up that kind of money to stay.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm surprised that this many people are bitching over the call. It was clear as day that LeBron didn't establish himself....he was still moving. I'm shocked the officials had the balls to go back and change it.
As Code and I discussed, it's the situation surrounding the review more so than the call itself that's more controversial. I don't think many would argue that Lebron took a charge there...feet were clearly not set.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

Not a good look.

not sure, They said two refs called it two ways. That was why LeRoys hands went up right away, he saw the ref that called the block, the other ref called the charge.

Cant stand what I call the Girls High School Basketball taking charges, especially the caliber of player LeRoy is.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Asking a man to take a discount is always dangerous.

At some point he may want to think about his own hall of fame chances and reputation.

His HoF chances right now are zero. imo.

On another team he would have to boost his scoring to 25 pionts, stay healthy, play two ways, and win 1-2 more chips but I don't think those chances are "zero."

Gotta get boring being 4th most respected guy on a team with 4 trips to finals in a row.

Pretty sure he’s more respected than Draymond. Definitely is to me.