Trading up

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its tempting with two firsts and some expendable draft capital in Dunn/Valentine/Portis

I think the key to trading up this year for the Bulls comes down to how GarPax feel about the back-up plan.

Bamba/Portis Jr are high upside guys who fulfill a function and could fit a plan, to where if that is the direction they go, or Doncic for that matter...its franchise direction choice and its hard to fault what they end up doing here.

But how do they feel about the back-up plan? It might be doubtful but possible one of those two reaches us at 7, so if you really like Trae Young or Bridges...like if Paxon for instance really has had a crush on Bridges for a while, and bridges is the "back-up" worst case scenario at 7, then it makes for less incentive to move out of that spot. Stay there, get your guy all along (speculated to be Pax's guy), or on the chance Porter Jr slides just that much you get a great value instead of losing a Dunn who has a role and Valentine who has a role off the bench and is kinda a clutch shooter and good passer. Portis is only alright too, and they could certainly float Portis to remove the stink of last year.

I would offer teams the two firsts and Portis to move up to spots 3-5 for Porter Jr. If they don't accept be ok with Bridges or Bamba, maybe a crush on a PG if they have one.

Doncic at 3? Then you can throw in Dunn probably as you have made a franchise PG decision. And that mght be a smart move too, if the future of East matches up with Ben Simmons, having our own 6'8" PG might be interesting.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I hope they get Bamba. He’s got great upside and seems like a great kid. Plus it sounds like he’d love to be here. I think he’s going to be a good one.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I hope they get Bamba. He’s got great upside and seems like a great kid. Plus it sounds like he’d love to be here. I think he’s going to be a good one.

seems to be more buzz about Bamba than any of the other ones.

Far as I am concerned Nwaba is an ace in the hole in the mold of Jimmy, Laurie, Dunn and Levine are pretty much what we need to be considered starting with. You know Bobby will lose his mind a few more times and you know he is looking at the bulls throwing 32 million at Felicio, then just use him in the G league, so he is probably looking to get 12 per minimum.

I dont think you move Dunn, but Portis, Valentine I can see to get from 22 to 15 maybe.