Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
This one is not a ps exclusive. Glad I won't have to wait an additional year this time for it to hit Playstation though.

[video=youtube;A_z7zo3Zyyk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_z7zo3Zyyk[/video]

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah, all ps4. Sony is really the only publisher that is investing heavily in AAA single player games these days.

Huge mistake on Microsoft's part honestly. It would be nice for them to give Sony a real run for its money. Personally, I think between XBox and PC, they should be wrecking Sony. They just seem to treat the gaming industry as more of a novelty though. In terms of exclusives, they aren't even on the same level as Nintendo.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Huge mistake on Microsoft's part honestly. It would be nice for them to give Sony a real run for its money. Personally, I think between XBox and PC, they should be wrecking Sony. They just seem to treat the gaming industry as more of a novelty though. In terms of exclusives, they aren't even on the same level as Nintendo.

There is something wrong with MS upper management where they are terrible at publishing. I think with the lack of games, cancellations we have seen, and the flops of the few games that have made it release, it is undeniable at this point. Somehow upper management is unable to spot talented developers and support them properly.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Microsoft doesn't innovate much of anything(maybe 0.0001%). Like Apple, they just buy someone else's IP and call it their own and take full credit. Sony on the other hand has a track record of innovation starting in the company from ground up.

So two different strategies. Sony still buys IPs, and when those projects bare fruit, it seems to come out all at once (ahem* like every other year). When Microsoft's projects bare fruit, they often ship prematurely on the first iteration and hit a home run on the second try.

So really, if you're *stuck* in the xbox camp, just be patient, catch up with a library of solid games until the new ones get pushed out.

This thing goes back and fourth, it always has. If not these two, it would be someone else. E3 or whatever press platform 2019 will have Microsoft showcasing a ton, then 2020 *might* be Nintendo, although Miyamoto (the greatest video game developer mind ever by a margin so far it can only be measured by space telescopes and rooms full of computers) has been running thin because Nintendo hasn't been able to poach much talent over the last decade.

But yes, this gen PS4 is running away as the superior choice. It was clear at launch, aside from a few franchises players were loyal to on 360/1.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Microsoft doesn't innovate much of anything(maybe 0.0001%). Like Apple, they just buy someone else's IP and call it their own and take full credit. Sony on the other hand has a track record of innovation starting in the company from ground up.

So two different strategies. Sony still buys IPs, and when those projects bare fruit, it seems to come out all at once (ahem* like every other year). When Microsoft's projects bare fruit, they often ship prematurely on the first iteration and hit a home run on the second try.

So really, if you're *stuck* in the xbox camp, just be patient, catch up with a library of solid games until the new ones get pushed out.

This thing goes back and fourth, it always has. If not these two, it would be someone else. E3 or whatever press platform 2019 will have Microsoft showcasing a ton, then 2020 *might* be Nintendo, although Miyamoto (the greatest video game developer mind ever by a margin so far it can only be measured by space telescopes and rooms full of computers) has been running thin because Nintendo hasn't been able to poach much talent over the last decade.

But yes, this gen PS4 is running away as the superior choice. It was clear at launch, aside from a few franchises players were loyal to on 360/1.

I mean... I have an Xbox One.... but I could go buy a PS4 anytime I like.

Lol I feel like people don't recognize that at times.... as if some kind of Console Wars Inquisitor will show up and execute them for disloyalty.

If you are an adult with an income, save up and just buy a PS4 to go along with your Xbox One so you can play the exclusives.... then pick whichever you like more to play your general titles on.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, for a lot of people, especially kids, you are only going to get 1 console. So they are kinda stuck with whichever they choose. If I was stuck with an xbox only, I would be pretty bummed.

I think the lesson is don't be an early adopter with consoles if you know you only get 1. Give it maybe a year until they at least start announcing titles after that first batch of launch titles.

Or, just get a PC and PS4 and you are pretty much covered.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I hear what you are saying in general with MS vs Sony.

But this is a little different because we aren't talking about them buying tech outright or developing stuff in house to release under their own name.

We are talking about nurturing a stable of developers to produce exclusive games. This is beyond in-house first party development. The scope is too big. Sony has upwards of a dozen developers they have nurtured and supported and then published. That is paying huge dividends now. But the key component is that Sony nurtured those development houses and supported them financially and organizationally and with marketing. In effect, Sony is the biggest publisher on their platform.

MS doesn't have that setup at all. They have maybe 3 dev studios they have a tight relationship with. And that relationship seems to be mostly about pushing deadlines and getting their shit out whether finished or not. They have not created that network of studios they supported and funded and built loyalty with.

I mean, shit, lookit what happened with Kojima after the Konami fiasco. Sony scooped him up and drove dump trucks of money to his office while promising he can do whatever he wants. I mean, this shit is not about innovation. Its just plain business acumen and the willingness to invest money in your platform and trust the creative vision of the studios you support.

MS just doesn't invest in titles like Sony does. Sometimes they try to buy exclusivity after an IP has been established but they can't do that anymore because their install base is too small and its bad business for devs that don't have a previous relationship to give them exclusivity.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well, for a lot of people, especially kids, you are only going to get 1 console. So they are kinda stuck with whichever they choose. If I was stuck with an xbox only, I would be pretty bummed.

I think the lesson is don't be an early adopter with consoles if you know you only get 1. Give it maybe a year until they at least start announcing titles after that first batch of launch titles.

Or, just get a PC and PS4 and you are pretty much covered.

Lol they can only afford one console, but they can afford a PC and a PS4.... lol bot a PC is more expensive than both consoles combined (usually if we're talking gaming)

I get your point about a kid, not as easy to come up with 300-400$ and then buy games for multiple consoles.

However, for any adult consumer like ourselves.... you can just save up the money and buy the 2nd console....

I have always had an Xbox, but if I really want to play some PS4 games I will go buy one.... I don't get people who feel the need to be partisan about Sony/Microsoft.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I mean... I have an Xbox One.... but I could go buy a PS4 anytime I like.

Lol I feel like people don't recognize that at times.... as if some kind of Console Wars Inquisitor will show up and execute them for disloyalty.

If you are an adult with an income, save up and just buy a PS4 to go along with your Xbox One so you can play the exclusives.... then pick whichever you like more to play your general titles on.
I'm not going to waste money on a xbox. I don't really play online that often, and like bot said, having a PS and PC pretty much covers everything. I'd much rather buy a switch just to play Zelda.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Zelda is legit great, so yeah. PC + Switch is IMO the best mix of all worlds. But, like some of the rest of you, and as little as I actually play games, I still buy all systems. LOL.. so whatevs.. They suckered me

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm not going to waste money on a xbox. I don't really play online that often, and like bot said, having a PS and PC pretty much covers everything. I'd much rather buy a switch just to play Zelda.

I never suggested you or anyone else buy an Xbox....

However, if Xbox suddenly had a dozen exclusive titles you wanted to play.... you could just buy one.... that is all I was saying.

The whole notion that you can only own one is ridiculous.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

However, if Xbox suddenly had a dozen exclusive titles you wanted to play.... you could just buy one.... that is all I was saying.

I knew this guy that refused to buy a new console until he owned and beat every NES game. By 2006ish he still wasn't there and bought a PS3, said fuck it. Damn he was good at those PS3 pretty quick because most games became significantly easier for a new console. But still... what a hardcore loyalist.

And for clarity... Not like he never played anything else, he merely never bought anything else for that timespan.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Yeah, I knew what you were saying, just giving my personal opinion. Microsoft tends to release their exclusives on pc though, so it seems like a waste to me to own an Xbox. Unless I was fully into multi player. Seems like Xbox is better for online play.

I'd rather save my money on an Xbox and use it towards a good pc where I could game on Microsoft exclusives, but also use it to edit music/vids and shit. Actually, I've been slowly piecing parts together now to build my first pc, partially for that reason.

AussieBear

Yeah, I knew what you were saying, just giving my personal opinion. Microsoft tends to release their exclusives on pc though, so it seems like a waste to me to own an Xbox. Unless I was fully into multi player. Seems like Xbox is better for online play.

I'd rather save my money on an Xbox and use it towards a good pc where I could game on Microsoft exclusives, but also use it to edit music/vids and shit. Actually, I've been slowly piecing parts together now to build my first pc, partially for that reason.

i also find consoles to be more convenient for inhouse multiplayer and specialized sessions. i guess that is dependant upon ones set up though. for me, its much more enjoyable sitting on a couch with me kid, with dat big screen as opposed to modifying my office set up and playing on smaller screens. i use an exercise bike with me console from time to time now too..

whats crazy, i actually bought a brand new xbox 360 game (Cars 3) for my kids birthday the other week. the shit was still 50 AUD. i still like having the old systems while everyone else moves on. i get good deals on used stuff. at the same time i dont really game much on consoles anymore.. in general, me gaming passion and the need to play everything on everything has been on the decline for many, many years..

i is with you on most of xboxs stuff being on pc.. and i generally find better deals for those games online. ill eventually upgrade to a switch, ps4 and xbox one... probably when my kid is older and is pushing for these and people are upgrading to ps5, nintendo dolphin 5.5 and xboxtwo. like you, id rather put money in a pc though... i is be eyeing a full pc upgrade first. new or newused rig, hand over the 1080ps to duh kid and get dem 4k monitors etc for meself..

Mitchapalooza

Madden comes back to PC this year. Madden is 90% of the reason I own a PS4

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ghost of Tsushima looks ridiculous. It never ceases to amaze me how much better games continue to look.

[video=youtube_share;kSAvzeopPC8]https://youtu.be/kSAvzeopPC8[/video]

This looks insane

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Madden comes back to PC this year. Madden is 90% of the reason I own a PS4
I quit madden years ago. The more "real" it got, the more unrealistic the gameplay was.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
This looks insane
Probably the best looking game I've seen so far. Went through all these trailers the last couple days, and these games look amazing.