Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah it's pretty gay but I always binge it for a week then stop playing for months, binge again, repeat.

I quit as soon as my buddy, who never played madden, was able to keep up with us by just throwing hail mary's. I mean, I quit playing this dude after a quarter because it was so boring, that's how bad he was. Then in like Madden 10 or 11 I think, he was scoring at will by throwing hail mary's. It was ridiculous.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I clicked on a link for Fallout 76:

Howard reiterated that you cannot play offline, and clarified that while you can play by yourself, you will still see other people in the world. There will be no NPCs (outside of robots), and Bethesda intends for players to fill the roles that they normally occupy, from vendors to the raiders you encounter on the road.

PvP settings are still being dialed in, Howard said, and will likely offer some flexibility for how you want to play. "We want a little drama there without them ruining your game. We don't want to be griefy in any way."

Lmao... "We want an entirely online game where you interact with mostly other players.... but we're sure no one will use every possible way to troll your game and ruin the experience.... I mean who does that on the internet?"

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I clicked on a link for Fallout 76:

Lmao... "We want an entirely online game where you interact with mostly other players.... but we're sure no one will use every possible way to troll your game and ruin the experience.... I mean who does that on the internet?"

Well, the creators wanted to try something different and I am all about supporting that as long as it really comes from a creative place and not a crash grabby place. Doesn't mean I will like the game, but I will keep an open mind.

The weird thing to me is that they said the map will be 4X the size of fallout 4 but there will only be 12 players and no NPCs. That seems crazy.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well, the creators wanted to try something different and I am all about supporting that as long as it really comes from a creative place and not a crash grabby place. Doesn't mean I will like the game, but I will keep an open mind.

The weird thing to me is that they said the map will be 4X the size of fallout 4 but there will only be 12 players and no NPCs. That seems crazy.

Where did they say only 12 players?

They said no NPCs except for robots.

And they said they want players to fill the roles of normal NPCs.... traders... raiders.... etc.

Maybe only 12 like main player characters at a time and everyone else on a given server is playing a role.... stuff you get benefits out of for your character but doesn't change the main story progression? Then if you jump out of role playing it slots you into an open spot somewhere as a main character again.

I could see that making sense so you limit the amount of people playing thru main or side missions and yet the NPC roles are still being filled by players who are trying to make money or build rep or some such.... a trader travels and still has to fight you if you attack them or a raider can roam around attacking main players or traders or other rando wandering bands, but they are probably limited in what they can do.... maybe even limited in what weapons they can use?

And I am guessing all forms of non-human wildlife would still be all over the map as AI trying to kill you or other human characters if you get into their area.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Side note.... a Westworld video game in a Fallout type of game would be alot of fun.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where did they say only 12 players?

They said no NPCs except for robots.

And they said they want players to fill the roles of normal NPCs.... traders... raiders.... etc.

Maybe only 12 like main player characters at a time and everyone else on a given server is playing a role.... stuff you get benefits out of for your character but doesn't change the main story progression? Then if you jump out of role playing it slots you into an open spot somewhere as a main character again.

I could see that making sense so you limit the amount of people playing thru main or side missions and yet the NPC roles are still being filled by players who are trying to make money or build rep or some such.... a trader travels and still has to fight you if you attack them or a raider can roam around attacking main players or traders or other rando wandering bands, but they are probably limited in what they can do.... maybe even limited in what weapons they can use?

And I am guessing all forms of non-human wildlife would still be all over the map as AI trying to kill you or other human characters if you get into their area.

Todd Howard said only 12 players per server at e3. During the reveal. They main quest objectives are given to you by the "overseer". Not sure if that is a robot, but in the demo, it was a voice over your comms. Yeah, there is a lot of wildlife and monsters and shit.

Howard made it sound like just a big ass open map with 12 players, light survival mechanics, building system (like settlements), and that nuclear missile mechanic. idk what other mechanics there might be.

AussieBear

finally, a fallout i wont play.. if dis is limited to 12 players per, who is gonna want to be a trader? maybe if this was like prejedi star wars galaxy back in da day.. a universe and tons of ppl.. maybe they is trying to build the foundation for mmo pay subshittion... aint they learneded from elder scrolls.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
finally, a fallout i wont play.. if dis is limited to 12 players per, who is gonna want to be a trader? maybe if this was like prejedi star wars galaxy back in da day.. a universe and tons of ppl.. maybe they is trying to build the foundation for mmo pay subshittion... aint they learneded from elder scrolls.

elder scrolls online is going strong and making a bunch of money.

FO76 is not trying to be or lead to an mmo. If they wanted to make a fallout mmo, they would just do it. I think bethesda game studios is just trying to do something new and original. So, we'll see.

AussieBear

elder scrolls online is going strong and making a bunch of money.

FO76 is not trying to be or lead to an mmo. If they wanted to make a fallout mmo, they would just do it. I think bethesda game studios is just trying to do something new and original. So, we'll see.

its making money, but a lot of us elder scroll fans be waiting for 6 instead.. fallout 76 will displace fans as well. displacing a core while trying to appeal to the casual masses may work, but it can also backfire.

online only with other peeps seem borderline mmo.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
This is so cool.

[video=youtube;OinRDzEbqXc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OinRDzEbqXc[/video]

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
its making money, but a lot of us elder scroll fans be waiting for 6 instead.. fallout 76 will displace fans as well. displacing a core while trying to appeal to the casual masses may work, but it can also backfire.

online only with other peeps seem borderline mmo.

Displacing fans? They are new and different games. The idea is not to displace or replace anything. ESO wasn't even developed by bethesda game studios. And there is nothing about Fallout 76 that means they will not go back to single player RPG fallouts in the future.

Also, its not like Fallout 76 is coming out instead of a proper Fallout 5. There wasn't like a choice of which kind of fallout they wanted to make. If they didn't make fallout 76, there would just be no fallout game at all this year. Fallout 76 is a new game. Maybe it will suck, maybe it will be great and get its own fanbase.

But development on 76 started while they were still working on Fallout 4. There was never any chance of a Fallout 5 in that time frame. If people can't deal with a developer trying to do something new that they are excited about, well then fuck them.

Sometimes I feel bad for these devs when it seems like some of their fanbase expects them to keep doing iterations of the same thing over and over. Look at how that works out for Ubisoft.

AussieBear

Displacing fans? They are new and different games. The idea is not to displace or replace anything. ESO wasn't even developed by bethesda game studios. And there is nothing about Fallout 76 that means they will not go back to single player RPG fallouts in the future.

Also, its not like Fallout 76 is coming out instead of a proper Fallout 5. There wasn't like a choice of which kind of fallout they wanted to make. If they didn't make fallout 76, there would just be no fallout game at all this year. Fallout 76 is a new game. Maybe it will suck, maybe it will be great and get its own fanbase.

But development on 76 started while they were still working on Fallout 4. There was never any chance of a Fallout 5 in that time frame. If people can't deal with a developer trying to do something new that they are excited about, well then fuck them.

Sometimes I feel bad for these devs when it seems like some of their fanbase expects them to keep doing iterations of the same thing over and over. Look at how that works out for Ubisoft.

its a prequel right?? so its a .5 instead of a 5 then.. or is it 1 and 4 is now 5..or juss a cash grab.......... fuck fans who dont wanna play a semi mmo fallout??. if fans cant deal with it, you know what, they just wont play it. i wont play it. its not like im hurt.. i just said its the first fallout i won't play. much like elder scrolls.. ill wait for a single playa game..

while i did say 12 playas.. they said dozenSSS.. so maybe its 24, 36 ..

staleystarch

Liked Posts:

It could be that the overall map is made up of zones, each zone allowing only 12 players at a time. Of course, I’m just making a wild ass guess.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I misheard the E3 presentation. Howard said "dozens". I missed the plural there the first time around.

But either way, I am not real interested in the game. I commend Bethesda Game Studios for doing something new that they are excited about. But this one might not be for me. Which is fine. Every game does not need to be for everyone. Games that try to appeal to everyone usually turn out to be overly broad, bland, watered down, shit.

staleystarch

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I misheard the E3 presentation. Howard said "dozens". I missed the plural there the first time around.

But either way, I am not real interested in the game. I commend Bethesda Game Studios for doing something new that they are excited about. But this one might not be for me. Which is fine. Every game does not need to be for everyone. Games that try to appeal to everyone usually turn out to be overly broad, bland, watered down, shit.
I’m pretty much like you on this game, no interest. In my case I have no interest in online games. I am fully aware that there are people who enjoy them. All power to them. Myself I am very interested in hearing more about Starfield.