Bears letting o-line play itself out

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It sort of sounds like the Bears have choices, options, on the OL; particularly the interior. Competition at the positions. Guys who can play multiple positions. Some proven. Some are young.

It is a good problem to have even if, like almost all teams, they still have some holes.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Hopefully Long starts the season, plays All-pro and lasts 16 games. That would be best OL story for 2018.

It's just as well if Daniels' is good enough to start at LG Game 1. He's on the rookie contract and has a much better chance of lasting 16 games than Kush. That would be another win.

Wouldn't it be sweet if Jordan Morgan trotted out at RT and handily stole the starting position from Massie?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let the best man win and everyone is forgetting about Watford who's solid and should be a good fit in this O.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why does it not surprise me that the guy who doesn't know the difference between auction draft and ppr scoring wouldn't understand your post

Hey look everyone it's that pesky little Gnat back again....for now anyway...lol

Still mad about being kicked out of my league for being a complete douche i see....twice....lol

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Hey look everyone it's that pesky little Gnat back again....for now anyway...lol

Still mad about being kicked out of my league for being a complete douche i see....twice....lol

I see you are still denying being an asshat of a commissioner who catered the rules so he could cheat and dictate what trades he deemed "fair". What is sad is you cheated and still lost to Jamais Vu in the championship. but you actually paid him out so congrats on that.

Have you figured out the difference between an auction league and PPR scoring? No wonder you felt the need to cheat, you have no idea how to run a league

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Hiestand talks like the offensive version of Fangio. He said that out of all of his OLineman, Kush is the one he would want with him in a street fight.

I'm not sold on Harry Hiestand yet, He was here before and he did not perform miracles. Granted he did have a good O-line, but that is because the Bears went out and bought one by getting Tait, St.Clair and Garza in Free agency.

I'm not saying he is bad, but I think too much is being made of him being the O-line guru carrying around his pixie dust.

We NEED Long to be healthy, and someone that can surpass Massie for the RT position.

Madden

Liked Posts:
I'm on the trade Long bandwagon. Dude will be injured after 3 games and he's coming off like 1000 surgeries. Going out of his way to say he's the best he's ever felt. Yeah right buddy, not buying it. I say trade him for a 3rd or 4th if possible before he becomes useless. I think he is just young enough and has just enough value now that another team would be willing to make a deal. We have other guards that can replace him without much drop off. They will be called into action anyways after Long gets hurt again.

Long suffered multiple injuries during the 2016 season. He played the first seven games of the season with a torn labrum in his left shoulder. He missed the Bears' Week 8 contest against the Minnesota Vikings due to a strained triceps. Long then severely injured his right ankle two weeks later against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and was carted off the field.[22] He was placed on injured reserve on November 15.

On December 5, 2017, Long was placed on injured reserve after aggravating a shoulder injury in Week 13, while also being bothered by ankle and finger injuries throughout the season.

napo55

Liked Posts:
With his health problems, Long would probably get the Bears no more than a 7th round draft choice. Might as well keep him-- as a guy who knows the system-- and hope for the best.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Long knows the Bears organization but he doesn't know "the system" as the system is new and he doesn't know his coaching staff. But, I agree he isn't going to bring much in a trade.

Getting rid of Long, at this point, would be silly. They do have good guards but they don't need to become thin at OL. If healthy, and that is a big "if", Long is a team leader and a valuable part of the line and team. If he's healthy he is also a beast. If he can't stay healthy this year then I think you part ways. But I don't know if you get much in a trade.

Madden

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't take less than a 4th and maybe no other team goes for that, but I just have no confidence that he will stay healthy. And even if he is, I don't think he'll be up to his old standard due to all the injuries, surgeries and missing lots of games the past 2 years. I also think he fits into that sweet spot of having some value now but in a year or two I can see a big drop off. I'd like to get some value for a player that is trending down before he's untradeable. Also he's an Emery pick so Pace really has no draft ties to him.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
With his health problems, Long would probably get the Bears no more than a 7th round draft choice. Might as well keep him-- as a guy who knows the system-- and hope for the best.

Why would he know the system?

Madden

Liked Posts:
Another reason to trade Long is that we have no 2nd round pick next year. So that would be a way to add another draft pick, even if it's lower.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Why would he know the system?

He has attended OTAs and mini camp. He also knows the players. Probably not a good idea to replace both starters at OG if you want to keep Trubisky healthy.

Madden

Liked Posts:
lol, its hilarious how people here are down on Long, all mostly because Novac trolling

I'm sure he'll be fine. Guards don't really need to use their neck, shoulder, or ankles at all. I'm sure this definitely won't be a lingering issue and threaten the safety of Trubisky. This thumbs up is all I need. :doorrofl:

FBkJai1.png

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You should introduce yourself and ask for his autograph.