dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
https://email.fansided.com/c/eJx1UE...Apb7R1aG7D-waJU7II5pb_7czdBNvM7WFo-8PkLWwJpQA

The Chicago Bears have stated that James Daniels will be a guard to start his career. However, they are also letting the situation play itself out
When James Daniels entered the NFL draft, he was a center prospect. When he was drafted, he was a guard. The Chicago Bears immediately came out and expressed that they saw him as a guard.

On the tape, you can understand why he could project well as a guard at the second level. This is why it makes sense that the team has doubled down by stating that he is a guard in their scheme.

However, Bradd Biggs of the Chicago-Tribune still is not buying it. Biggs is very tied into the organization, so when he talks it is usually worth the time to listen. Biggs mentioned that James Daniels should not even be assured the starting guard spot and that the team is very high on Eric Kush.

On top of that, he threw in a hint that the team is not exactly committed to Daniels at guard, despite the public sentiment.

On the potential training camp battles Biggs wrote:

If it’s Kush, I’d expect Whitehair to remain at center. If it’s Daniels, let’s see how this thing plays out. They don’t have to pick a starting five and declare their positions right now.

This is interesting to note because, like Daniels and Whitehair, Kush has experience at center. However, it appears to Biggs that the team sees him as a potential starter at guard and not center.

On the contrary, if Daniels does prove superior to Kush, Biggs seems to think that in this situation the Bears are now open to moving the line around.

I am going to be on the side of believing that the team has said in the media. They seem to believe that Daniels has the skill set to make an easy transition to guard. It could put Daniels in a better spot and gives Whitehair continuity at center. Until I see otherwise, I tend to believe this idea.

Another interesting note from this comment is how little faith the team has in Hroniss Grasu. The scenario in which Biggs is setting up has all three names in the starting center conversation. Does that mean Grasu is essentially the fourth center?

He has never played guard and no one is anticipating Grasu moving to guard anytime soon. If he is the fourth most talented center on the team, and center is the only position he plays he is not going to be on this roster for much longer.

Of course, the team may truly see Daniels and Kush as guards only. But, it does appear as though the writing is on the wall for Grasu.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
and Grasu is not.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Biggs is very tied into the organization, so when he talks it is usually worth the time to listen.
The scenario in which Biggs is setting up has all three names in the starting center conversation.

So in summary Biggs see it as Whitehair, Kush, or Daniels at Center, with either Whitehair, Kush or Daniels at guard.

Goodness Biggs certainly is tied in to the organization. Pace usually never lets this level of insight leak out.

Biggs also thinks either the Packers, Bears, Lions or Vikings are a lock to win the NFC North.

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whatever they decide through training camp, them need to lock in. Tired of moving these fucks around all over the place. They stunted Long's growth and then they stunted Whitehair.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So in summary Biggs see it as Whitehair, Kush, or Daniels at Center, with either Whitehair, Kush or Daniels at guard.

Goodness Biggs certainly is tied in to the organization. Pace usually never lets this level of insight leak out.

Biggs also thinks either the Packers, Bears, Lions or Vikings are a lock to win the NFC North.

And one of the teams in the NFC will represent that conference in the Super Bowl

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think I prefer Daniels at guard. Gives the offense more of a chance to use his athleticism. Granted, athletic centers can get to the 2nd level and out in front of screens, but I think you can do more of that from the guard position (especially LG).

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have $10 down on Daniels at C, he better not disappoint me.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Whatever they decide through training camp, them need to lock in. Tired of moving these fucks around all over the place. They stunted Long's growth and then they stunted Whitehair.

Agreed. They have till the 3rd preseason game to lock in a rotation so they can play the 4th game with the 1st team together.

Washington

Liked Posts:
At least they have these options. This team is most likely still a last place team in the NFCN. I'd give Daniels a spot a let him play just like they did with Whitehair his rookie season. They just need to give them a spot and let them stay there.

It is time to cut ties with Grasu. He's been brutal. He's a center only and teams don't keep backup oline players who can play 1 position only.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Don't blame Biggs for the OP. All Biggs is saying is that the Bears love Eric Kush and he should not discounted out of the starting lineup because Daniels was drafted.

Then some third rate website read that and came up with the disjointed rubbish article in the OP. Fansided, Sports Mockery and pretty much everything DB70 litters this board with are notorious for these hack job articles.

Carry on.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
https://email.fansided.com/c/eJx1UE...Apb7R1aG7D-waJU7II5pb_7czdBNvM7WFo-8PkLWwJpQA

The Chicago Bears have stated that James Daniels will be a guard to start his career. However, they are also letting the situation play itself out
When James Daniels entered the NFL draft, he was a center prospect. When he was drafted, he was a guard. The Chicago Bears immediately came out and expressed that they saw him as a guard.

On the tape, you can understand why he could project well as a guard at the second level. This is why it makes sense that the team has doubled down by stating that he is a guard in their scheme.

However, Bradd Biggs of the Chicago-Tribune still is not buying it. Biggs is very tied into the organization, so when he talks it is usually worth the time to listen. Biggs mentioned that James Daniels should not even be assured the starting guard spot and that the team is very high on Eric Kush.

On top of that, he threw in a hint that the team is not exactly committed to Daniels at guard, despite the public sentiment.

On the potential training camp battles Biggs wrote:

If it’s Kush, I’d expect Whitehair to remain at center. If it’s Daniels, let’s see how this thing plays out. They don’t have to pick a starting five and declare their positions right now.

This is interesting to note because, like Daniels and Whitehair, Kush has experience at center. However, it appears to Biggs that the team sees him as a potential starter at guard and not center.

On the contrary, if Daniels does prove superior to Kush, Biggs seems to think that in this situation the Bears are now open to moving the line around.

I am going to be on the side of believing that the team has said in the media. They seem to believe that Daniels has the skill set to make an easy transition to guard. It could put Daniels in a better spot and gives Whitehair continuity at center. Until I see otherwise, I tend to believe this idea.

Another interesting note from this comment is how little faith the team has in Hroniss Grasu. The scenario in which Biggs is setting up has all three names in the starting center conversation. Does that mean Grasu is essentially the fourth center?

He has never played guard and no one is anticipating Grasu moving to guard anytime soon. If he is the fourth most talented center on the team, and center is the only position he plays he is not going to be on this roster for much longer.

Of course, the team may truly see Daniels and Kush as guards only. But, it does appear as though the writing is on the wall for Grasu.

Biggs is the least plugged in of all the beat writers and this article proves. Kush is a quality depth guy and that's what he was brought in to be.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Don't blame Biggs for the OP. All Biggs is saying is that the Bears love Eric Kush and he should not discounted out of the starting lineup because Daniels was drafted.

Then some third rate website read that and came up with the disjointed rubbish article in the OP. Fansided, Sports Mockery and pretty much everything DB70 litters this board with are notorious for these hack job articles.

Carry on.

Leave it to LameAss Pu to derail yet another thread...moron.

I think Biggs is dealing with exactly what we're dealing in that there just isn't much to talk about right now.

Now go fuck off LameAss

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
It all hinges on Kyle Long's status. They need him to be healthy to lock down the RG spot leaving only the LG/C combo as the question mark. If RG is also up in the air, it makes things immensely more complicated.

I don't like Whitehair at center at all, but I could see the Bears sticking with that for a season to let Daniels get comfortable with NFL competition before handing him the reigns. Center is a tough spot to play as a rookie given the extra responsibilities.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think Biggs is dealing with exactly what we're dealing in that there just isn't much to talk about right now.

Now go fuck off LameAss

So you agree with Vu, but then call him a moron LameAss [sic] and tell him to fuck off.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Speed

Liked Posts:
Kush has been on 6 teams in 6 years. He’s a career back up. I’m not buying this shit one minute.

Yeah its hard to believe myself, but when he had to come in he played exceptional that one year. He played like a guy with his career on the line. If he plays like that he'll be a tough out for that starter spot.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Now go fuck off LameAss
Derailing?

I was just clarifying a point that the terrible article you pasted was not written by Brad Biggs. That is a healthy contribution. Derailing would have posting just to call you and moron and you are derailing this thread. Then follow it up with some second grade level nickname.

I digress though...you never got back to me about the draft date. August 26th works for both myself and Novak. Gus is interested in a spot too!

Less than ten weeks left...get back to me when you decide if you want to do the draft in the evening again or move it back into the afternoon.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I prefer everyone to play their natural position (Whitehair should be a guard while Daniels should play center) however I know that a QB and center need to be on the same page and Trubisky and whitehair have experience with each other.