Best Sports Towns in America

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dallas is a shitty sports town. The Cowboys play in Arlington and the Cowboys fan base is all of North Texas, East Texas, West Texas...mierda..pretty much all except the Houston area... Dallas fans are usually lukewarm towards everything else...you were just guessing.

LOL. I swear I didn't read your post first.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:

Kind of hard to embrace Montreal as one of the best sports cities, when they lost their baseball team. Diehard Expo fans were few and far between, and the lack of success kept fairweather fans away. I'll give Les Habs fans credit for sticking with their team after 25 years of futility, but to be fair, they still have far and away the most Cups of any team.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dallas is a shitty sports town. The Cowboys play in Arlington and the Cowboys fan base is all of North Texas, East Texas, West Texas...mierda..pretty much all except the Houston area... Dallas fans are usually lukewarm towards everything else...you were just guessing.

i Was just guessing.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd definitely go New York, Chicago, Boston.

I lived in Los Angeles county for five years. Not an overall great sports town. Just a rabid Lakers basketball town. I guess you could throw the USC vs UCLA rivalry in there - Illinois is shitty when it comes to college. But LA is a shitty split of Cowboys and Raiders fans...kinda sucks.

Out west, I'm surprised no one said Denver yet. I hear they're really into the Avalanche and Rockies, not just the Broncos. Even a decent Nuggets following. They'd get my vote out West.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Twin Cities (Minneapolis-St Paul) could be mentioned. Tons of Vikings fans, HUGE hockey town with the Wild, and lots of Twins fans.... Timberwolves are the only suffering team there (fan support wise).

staleystarch

Liked Posts:
The test of a great sports town is to see how many fans stick around during lean years.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Cleveland?

Greatest Sports-town ever. Bearmick states the Bear's will regret not drafting D Watson..but bigger. The Browns will regret not drafting Trubs...a Mentor Ohio hero back to Cleveland. Mayfield is more mouth than muscle, he will not last a full season with his play style.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Number of championships are irrelevant, I've seen 'best sports towns' lists that use championships as the main factor. IMO a great sports town has great fans that support the teams, where players can own a city for 30 years off a single championship. I know there should be a separate list for 'best fans', but I just don't feel like separating them, to me the fans make the town. I also know non fans think only an idiot would continue to support a habitually shitty team, but they're not fans so who cares what they think.

White Sox fans really drag down the overall score for Chicago, but you gotta love those 17k loyal South siders that still go to games.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The title of the thread is "Best Sports Towns in America." Number of championships has to play a role in those rankings.

If winning championships are what counts as making a great sports town, then it isn't a great sports town, it's a fairweather sports town. Most of the best sports towns have fans that back their team even with long championship droughts (Browns/Indians, Cubs/Hawks, Red Sox, Jets, etc.) They usually have fans that take over other cities (Chicago and Pittsburgh are especially notorious for this). Honestly, I felt it was pretty clear by the OP, especially with the inclusion of Philly, what was meant.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
I'd definitely go New York, Chicago, Boston.

I lived in Los Angeles county for five years. Not an overall great sports town. Just a rabid Lakers basketball town. I guess you could throw the USC vs UCLA rivalry in there - Illinois is shitty when it comes to college. But LA is a shitty split of Cowboys and Raiders fans...kinda sucks.

Out west, I'm surprised no one said Denver yet. I hear they're really into the Avalanche and Rockies, not just the Broncos. Even a decent Nuggets following. They'd get my vote out West.

Out west, I would say Seattle. The Irony.
They are bat shut crazy for the Seahawks, Mariners, Gonzaga, the old Supersonics were like gods in that town

Last edited:

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Probably have to throw L.A. into that mix as well.
Why? They lose sports teams because of lack of interest. The teams they actually do like, they don't show up until well after the game starts.

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why? They lose sports teams because of lack of interest. The teams they actually do like, they don't show up until well after the game starts.

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

Wasn't there 3 NFL teams trying to move there just last year?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wasn't there 3 NFL teams trying to move there just last year?

That whole show up late and leave early thing is based on the Dodgers only, and has as much to do with traffic as apathy for meaningless regular season baseball games. BTW those empty seats are paid for, so who cares.

LA area, 2 NFL teams, 2 MLB teams, 2 NBA teams, 2 NHL teams. They wouldn't have 8 teams if they didn't have fan support and make money. The Clippers were purchased for $2,000,000,000.

You want an apathetic sports city, Atlanta. When the Braves were winning pennants, empty seats, and not just at the beginning of the game. Same thing with the Falcons and the Hawks, even when they are winning.