IST: Cubs vs Reds

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Cubs-at-Reds.jpg

Great American Ball Park- Cincinnati, OH

6/21 6:10 PM CDT

Hendricks (5-6, 3.55 ERA) vs Harvey (1-5, 5.92 ERA)

6/22 6:10 PM CDT

Quintana (6-5, 4.06 ERA) vs Castillo (4-8, 5.77 ERA)

6/23 3:10 PM CDT

TBD vs DeScalafini (2-1, 4.60 ERA)

6/24 12:10 PM CDT

TBD vs (Romano (4-7, 5.18 ERA)

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Jed hinted at Montgomery sticking a them using a 6 man rotation. They don’t want to give up on the investment to Chatwood yet and Montgomery has had a strong string but going into it he has not proven he is every day. So there are a few factors going on here.

On the first TBD it should end up a AAA guy. Mills for the most part has been somewhat stable

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't shock me if Farrell starts Saturday and it ends up a bullpen day..

I can see Chatwood going on Sunday against the reds and saving Monty for the Dodgers on Monday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't shock me if Farrell starts Saturday and it ends up a bullpen day..

I can see Chatwood going on Sunday against the reds and saving Monty for the Dodgers on Monday

Maybe. That thought did come up but it would deplete a pen that is lacking a closer.

My thought is Farrell is 2-3 inning max right now and they really are not going to want to weaken the staff more than it is.

Mills makes the most sense if his day works with that day. Underwood has taken a step back over last few starts. Tseng should be axed IMO. Clifton actually has come up and done well but that is a bit to ask.

But I would have him NL that they would want 4 min out of the starter. Pushing Farrell that far you might as well demote after to get a fresh arm in as he would be useless til the weekend.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Maybe. That thought did come up but it would deplete a pen that is lacking a closer.

My thought is Farrell is 2-3 inning max right now and they really are not going to want to weaken the staff more than it is.

Mills makes the most sense if his day works with that day. Underwood has taken a step back over last few starts. Tseng should be axed IMO. Clifton actually has come up and done well but that is a bit to ask.

But I would have him NL that they would want 4 min out of the starter. Pushing Farrell that far you might as well demote after to get a fresh arm in as he would be useless til the weekend.
Farrell already on the roster if im not mistaken, so no need to drop someone like Farrell on Saturday just to bring another one up to start..

With Chatwood going on Sunday there a chance their gonna need a fresh arm on Sunday anyways..
So might as well wait til Sunday to drop Farrell and bring another up

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Just looked at Iowa SP , there actually noone that deserves to come up and start on Saturday..
Their all not doing well

Kyle Ryan who has 7 Games and 4 starts in Iowa is probably their best right now

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Iowa has little hitting talent right now so they appear worse than they are.

Talent wise Underwood is the best. But looking a readiness it is Mills as he is fringe #5 right now. Injury has delayed him from promoting in the past.

Tseng lost a tick off his velocity. Happened before and had the same results. Seems trend to me so I don’t want him around.

Clifton would be a dark horse honestly. He has turned it around this year but jumping into that right now right after a promote. Well there would be no book on him and they could tuck him afay after so that is an advantage if they did.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
why is it even a question because of the double header and Shitwood losing a day of rest? Its not going to be Darvish. He threw a simulated game of 51 pitches and they were seeing what he was feeling like today.

I would much rather they throw shitwood so there is a reason to drop him from the rotation. I dont mind them going to a 6 man rotation, I just dont want to hear any of that shit that Lester gets to throw every 5 days so everyone else is thrown out of their routine.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
why is it even a question because of the double header and Shitwood losing a day of rest? Its not going to be Darvish. He threw a simulated game of 51 pitches and they were seeing what he was feeling like today.

I would much rather they throw shitwood so there is a reason to drop him from the rotation. I dont mind them going to a 6 man rotation, I just dont want to hear any of that shit that Lester gets to throw every 5 days so everyone else is thrown out of their routine.

Darvish is slated for a start on Monday. Now I would expect a 6 man up until the ASG to give them a nice break going into the 2nd half. Now on the 2nd half who knows. I doubt they go 6 so?

But it makes sense to get Darvish a game in at AAA then get him a start or 2 before the break so he isn't rusty coming off.

Sced wise:

Fri 16th Tseng
Sat Clifton
Sunday Mills
Monday Torrez
Tue Underwood
Wed off
Thu Tseng
Fri Clifton
Sat DH Mills/Torrez
Sun Underwood
Mon Darvish (gives them a day to reset)
Tue Tseng

So looking at it this way it makes sense to use Farrell

Or they could spot start Hedges in the DH. He is at Tenn atm and push Underwood for Monday. So we will see.

As far as Underwood is concerned pretty inconsistent lately.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Iowa has little hitting talent right now so they appear worse than they are.

Talent wise Underwood is the best. But looking a readiness it is Mills as he is fringe #5 right now. Injury has delayed him from promoting in the past.

Tseng lost a tick off his velocity. Happened before and had the same results. Seems trend to me so I don’t want him around.

Clifton would be a dark horse honestly. He has turned it around this year but jumping into that right now right after a promote. Well there would be no book on him and they could tuck him afay after so that is an advantage if they did.
Im confused..

What does their hitters have to do with the SP looking not so good?

chibears55

Liked Posts:

Chatwood wife is due any day now, so as far as Sunday goes if he still with team he will start Sunday and Monty on Monday..

Darvish will most likely get 2 rehab starts , so wouldn't expect him back til July..

Then i think yes they will go 6 man til the break and then figure it out from there.

12 games July 1st til break, so they can go twice through if they start it then.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Has a pitcher ever been pulled for too high a pitch count in the first inning without surrendering a run? ��

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I still think Matt Harvey would of been a good pick up for the bullpen..

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love metrics and use them a ton but that Baez double that he wound up on third play will never be told by metrics. Those insticts. Hate him, love him, he makes people talk about him. Super intelligent read

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Good to see Javy working a count and then slapping a ball into the opposite field corner. Javy had worked it to a 2-and-1 count by failing to swing at a high fastball and an outside fastball.

I dunno if this is a trend, but it's good to see Javy lay off that junk outside, and up.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
And this game just turned for the worse....

Wow
SMDH