Cringe-worthy, but a relief too

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I stuck with believing in Cutler longer than I should have, but it's nice to not have to worry about it anymore.
[video=youtube_share;rZWrf6kgs7Q]https://youtu.be/rZWrf6kgs7Q[/video]

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
anigif_enhanced-buzz-6409-1361311212-2.gif

james sanders

DE/OLB
Liked Posts:
That was the most painful thing about Cutler; taking the turnover bullshit to the next level against green bay every single time. Good riddance

james sanders

DE/OLB
Liked Posts:
Like just watching that I mean often I'm wondering who is he even throwing to.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
My god...what fucking terrible passes

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barf

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah and i talked shit about us Having a quarterback who was going to even the playing field to Packer fans when Angelo traded for Cutler. Ugg

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was the most painful thing about Cutler; taking the turnover bullshit to the next level against green bay every single time. Good riddance

I honestly thought he was trying to out-duel Rodgers.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Damn, never seen that video before! :smug2:

I thought sooner or later people would move on, but then I remembered where I was.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I literally laughed.

Reactions: DC

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Hindsight is 20/20 for sure.

Angelo traded for a 25 year old QB, coming off a season of 4500 yards, 25TDs and a 62.3 completion percentage.

There was nobody in the 2009 draft as a QB that could of helped the Bears other than #1 overall Stafford which the Bears didn't have the capital for.

The window was closing for the Bears with the Big 3 (Urlacher, Briggs, Tillman) getting older.

The Bears had a 10 and an 11 win season over the next 4 years, had Cutler just been a little bit better or we didn't catch Aaron Rogers in the prime of his career who knows what could have happened.

The Bears took their shot and missed. And it cost them in draft picks over the next few seasons. It still was probably the best move the Bears could have made to try and win a championship.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Cutler was a project with poor mechanics. breaking him from Shanahan and bringing him to a Bears team that had weak receivers didn't help. not to mention losing Urlacher Cutler's first year made the defense worse. 2010-2011 were the best years when he was paired with Martz. the downfall became very much apparent when Tice was promoted, and he was never the same.

the team broke him in a variety of different ways. I liked Jay Cutler, but the time came and went and the experiment needed to end. I just hope they didn't gamble and piss away everything on an inexperienced player in Trubisky.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I was very excited for the Cutler trade and I likely held out hope way too long, but I'm and VERY Relieved those days are over.

Hopefully we have a "System" that will make both Mitch and the team better. When Cutler was here the thought was just get the best talent and throw them out there. That does not work in the NFL.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
I think Cutler had the talent to be good, but Chicago broke him early on by surrounding him with awful WRs and a garbage Oline. After a few years, he was so broken that no matter how much talent was put around him (2013), he was never going to get better.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Cutler had the talent to be good, but Chicago broke him early on by surrounding him with awful WRs and a garbage Oline. After a few years, he was so broken that no matter how much talent was put around him (2013), he was never going to get better.

I disagree, I dont think Jay has that winner gene. In any level of football he has never won . I'm hoping Mitch has that gene.