Video shows Kyle Fuller's development last season

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought this article was interesting. Especially during this lull in news...

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2018..._medium=recirc&utm_campaign=rail-most-popular

Former NFL/AFL defensive back Eric Crocker knows how to break down tape on cornerbacks.

He now writes for a blog covering the San Francisco 49ers, but he uses Twitter to dive into the finer details of the position he played.

Crocker put Kyle Fuller under the microscope this week, analyzing some of his key plays that showcased his growth last season.

Click on the link to see the tweets and accompaning video...

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Better than just a showing his 2 interceptions from 22 angles.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm sure people will still hate on the kid. I was one of the few that never gave up on him and I still don't have any reason to give up on him. His career's trajectory has thus far been nothing but upward.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The criticism on the last play highlighted seems stupid to me. He said he was fooled when Fuller initially covered the player in his zone, released him into coverage and immediately went back at the 2nd player that tried to catch the ball in his zone stopping the play short of a first down forcing a field goal. How the fuck is that being fooled?

#1BearsF@n

Liked Posts:
I didn't get what he meant by Fuller being fooled, he did exactly what he was supposed to do. I had to re-read it to see if he was saying Fuller fooled the QB into making the throw.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Being disappointed with Fuller in 2015 and 2016 is not hating on him. He deserved criticism. That doesn't mean people gave up on him. People talked shit, but most were still hoping he would get it together.

Not sure why you have to cast yourself as some lone bears white knight.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Being disappointed with Fuller in 2015 and 2016 is not hating on him. He deserved criticism. That doesn't mean people gave up on him. People talked shit, but most were still hoping he would get it together.

With all due respect, you weren't here for a long time. You don't know what you're talking about. Plenty of people talked shit and had already given up on Fuller.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed, some of the haters gave up on Fuller but most of that group aren’t very football smart. So, one has to take the die-hard haters with a grain of salt.

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:

Wonderful contract year producer. Kinda Meh otherwise. Hoping his contract year production propels him to a higher level of consistency. Jury out.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With all due respect, you weren't here for a long time. You don't know what you're talking about. Plenty of people talked shit and had already given up on Fuller.

Dude, I was not gone for 3 years. The only time I missed was when Fuller was playing well...

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

What did you see in Fuller that made you stick with him?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How well he played in the 2nd half of the 2015 season before being lost to injury for the 2016 season. Aside from that I knew he was going from a 4-3 zone defense to playing in a 3-4 defense that asks a lot out of its players. Fangio has a knack for moving people around on the field so they aren't strictly playing their natural position. This isn't easy for anyone much less a still developing player. For me to be down on any given player they have to post a bad season then play even worse the next season. Fuller flashed a little bit his rookie year then it went downhill. His second season he didn't do all that great for almost half of the year then he stepped his game up big time. He actually seemed primed to have a solid 2016 season until the knee problem surfaced. I can't go as far as to say I knew he would be as good as he was last season because that would be bullshit. I just know that DBs are one of the slowest developing positions in football and he had not showed me anything that indicated he was done developing/improving.

TL;DR his career trajectory was only upward and he was playing well before we didn't see him for a whole year.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still remember Brad Biggs reporting that Fuller would more than likely be cut before the season.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I still remember Brad Biggs reporting that Fuller would more than likely be cut before the season.

Lol that’s good shit, now that you mention it I do remember reading that.

P.S. looking for the breakdown on the fall of our boy Aaron lynch.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wonderful contract year producer. Kinda Meh otherwise.

In a nutshell.

I've always thought and continue to think he'd be much better as strictly a zone corner. Tackles well and plays his best facing the LOS. God awful when he has to turn, run and find the ball.

And before Adipost links to the tedious breakdown of a single play as an example to the contrary, my opinion comes from watching his full body of work since 2014.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He was drafted as a zone corner and has/is learning to be cover guy. Don't have an issue with that. If it continues, he'll be well worth the price.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was drafted as a zone corner and has/is learning to be cover guy. Don't have an issue with that. If it continues, he'll be well worth the price.

Only if he gets good at it.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In a nutshell.

I've always thought and continue to think he'd be much better as strictly a zone corner. Tackles well and plays his best facing the LOS. God awful when he has to turn, run and find the ball.

And before Adipost links to the tedious breakdown of a single play as an example to the contrary, my opinion comes from watching his full body of work since 2014.

Then you must be blind because that body of work includes last season when he was playing as a cover corner.

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
Kyle did play pretty well the second half of 2015 & most were expecting him to really break out in 16, but then he didn’t play at all in 16 which made us wonder if he really had that Dog in him. Then everyone figured Pace gave up on him which is why he acquired Prince & Marcus, but we didn’t know that Vic had not only challenged him but took him under his wing..

Hopefully Kyle wasn’t just trying to get a contract, but he has a body of work suggesting he can play in this league. What did he have like 15 PBU last season officially, & I believe the Bears credited him with 22 PBU’s...