IST: Cubs vs Dodgers

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
41 pitches in the first sealed his fate.

Also I see it as Joe didn't want the Dodgers to lock in on him. He had a nice curve/change mix with a fastball spotted in. But pushing him further could have been bad in his first ML outing.

What? He started dealing after that first inning, they were not locked in on anything. I am wondering when we are going to get up to a 14 man bullpen.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What? He started dealing after that first inning, they were not locked in on anything. I am wondering when we are going to get up to a 14 man bullpen.

They keep on rotating guys with Iowa. It is not a big deal. Over there they can sit them on the bench to rest up. vs up here they have to be called on. IE Ferrell back up.

The thing is Underwood got a taste. They didn't want to wreck his confidence at all. He had a shaky first inning and it was his first major league exposure. So it was a good thing all around.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Now I'm wondering if Joe does the right thing and moves Baez to 3B full time. It is his best natural position and it lets Zobrist take over 2B. D wise that is the best alignment with Almora in CF. The Happ at 3B is a train wreck in the making and LaStella and Bote are a perfect PH compilation.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Bote, Farrell, Maples up

Bote makes sense for depth. Maples was putting together better appearances but he is avg 2 SO and a BB per stint still. Farrell they just love IMO.
Not really many options left on the farm..
They basically have all their depth up now..

Rosario
Bass
Mazzoni
Farrell
Maples

Hancock DL
Zastryzny DL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So Darvish went 5 innings. 5 SO 0 BB 3 hits. 1 HR. Played catch today so looks like he will return 100%.

Edwards has a BP today also so we might be looking at both back very soon.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not really many options left on the farm..
They basically have all their depth up now..

Rosario
Bass
Mazzoni
Farrell
Maples

Hancock DL
Zastryzny DL

They have always used Iowa as injury reserve. This is really nothing new here. Split contract is Jed speak

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Now I'm wondering if Joe does the right thing and moves Baez to 3B full time. It is his best natural position and it lets Zobrist take over 2B. D wise that is the best alignment with Almora in CF. The Happ at 3B is a train wreck in the making and LaStella and Bote are a perfect PH compilation.
Doubt it..
Bryant DL was retroactive to the past weekend, so he due back Saturday if all is ok..

So only talking 3 more games after today and as we know Joe, he will start Bote at 3rd at least once and LaStella will probably get another start there.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
They have always used Iowa as injury reserve. This is really nothing new here. Split contract is Jed speak
I get that..
Maybe i took your response to mine above wrong..
I thought you didn't care for Maples and Farrell call up

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Doubt it..
Bryant DL was retroactive to the past weekend, so he due back Saturday if all is ok..

So only talking 3 more games after today and as we know Joe, he will start Bote at 3rd at least once and LaStella will probably get another start there.

Not permanent but until he returns.

Dgpq8YGWkAEIuvO.jpg

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I get that..
Maybe i took your response to mine above wrong..
I thought you didn't care for Maples and Farrell call up

Honestly I'm pretty neutral on both.

Adding in:

Maples is a stuff guy but eventually you have to refine it or get out.

Farrell is AAAA all the way. Which is fine for what he is doing. He is Butler without the waiver baggage.

Maples could be great but... I really don't want the disappointment honestly.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
So Darvish went 5 innings. 5 SO 0 BB 3 hits. 1 HR. Played catch today so looks like he will return 100%.

Edwards has a BP today also so we might be looking at both back very soon.
Read Darvish could start next week Tuesday for Cubs, if he good

Also saw Morrow could be activated tomorrow..
He put his pants on with no trouble all week..lol

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maples has great stuff. I still have hope for him. Sucks Bryant is out, but I look at this team being there until the end. Rest is never a bad thing. We are blessed with athletes that can play in so many positions. Majority of teams are not as lucky

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Why is Happ at 3rd a train wreck. He hasnt made an error there. The real train wreck is Schwarber the butcher in LF. How many times is he going to fall down fielding a ball?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Maples has great stuff. I still have hope for him. Sucks Bryant is out, but I look at this team being there until the end. Rest is never a bad thing. We are blessed with athletes that can play in so many positions. Majority of teams are not as lucky

Heard it was his choice. But going in he was in a power drought so who knows how long this has been lingering. I would be shocked if he returns pre ASG. So all things said Baez to 3B is the right choice. Happ over Almora...well A.A. neads a day off but don't make it a habit

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Why is Happ at 3rd a train wreck. He hasnt made an error there. The real train wreck is Schwarber the butcher in LF. How many times is he going to fall down fielding a ball?

Not a natural 3B. Is that enough? How about lacks the natural talent to field it every day. Or wait for the first rocket to his dome... that might be a telling sign.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;xoY9IMsO_nY]https://youtu.be/xoY9IMsO_nY[/video]

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Not a natural 3B. Is that enough? How about lacks the natural talent to field it every day. Or wait for the first rocket to his dome... that might be a telling sign.
If he isnt a natural ar 3rd then Schwarber isnt a natural in LF

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Arrenado would be the only guy able to play third like Baez. He has exceeded my expectations up the middle. His natural twitch is special. While watching the video, has anyone seen Baez not throw a perfect throw on relay everytime. His throws are bad when he has time to think in the infield, but I cant remember him butchering a relay throw. I would assume the speed and thrill make him at his best.