Official Acquisitions Thread

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DuClair signs with Columbus for 650k. Good riddance.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Word was that Panarin would have signed another 2 year deal with Columbus, but wants out of that town by then. Just amazing how our guys keep going to the same few teams.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bigfoot will be raging this season, not a fan of the moves. They all seem lateral. As for the draft, I get that the Boqvist kid has a very high ceiling, but taking a kid that high with concussion issues seems like a big leap of faith. The other off season moves seem so lateral is their really any point talking aboot them. It just sucks that I'm involved in another sport, or when they clean house I would send up the old resume, and fix this team. They honestly need to embrace a mini rebuild now, and start building around the new core of guys that can lead this team.

He's playing for the London Knights this season, 18 years old it's going to be a while.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Its time to pay the Piper for those Cups. The contracts in place will tie this club up for a few more year. Hossa was the icing on the cake also.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah at least 2-3 years. Why I wanted that Wahlstrom kid

Regardless, I don't think we have a young D-man in the system (not even The Joker, and you know I'm higher on him than Keith Richards on, well, anything). that will be the panacea for what ails the defense.

We need player(s) who can soak up minutes and be completely responsible in the back end...since we have exactly zero D-men who are capable of that now. Think Hjammer clones. Hell, even a Sopel clone would have been a step in the right direction--catfish looks or not. The problem is, even if we have D-prospects who are cut from that cloth it takes awhile to develop and be effective at the NHL level.

Even if we blagged Wahstrom, I'm still sure that he wouldn't be ready to take over a sizable chunk of Keith, Seabrook, or Keith & Seabrook's duties, and meanwhile the D will still be as-porous as it has been since 2015, so Crawford and whomever else mans the nets will still see more rubber than Miley Cyrus' twat.

Ergo: Same shit as last season. The type of defensemen we need don't come cheap...and Manning looks like a rehash or Runblad for 2.25M...not to mention Ward is a goaltender of the same ilk as Turco, Montoya, Niemi, etc.

I'm not getting good vibes for this coming season....and that's even if Crawford picks up where he left off.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Regardless, I don't think we have a young D-man in the system (not even The Joker, and you know I'm higher on him than Keith Richards on, well, anything). that will be the panacea for what ails the defense.

We need player(s) who can soak up minutes and be completely responsible in the back end...since we have exactly zero D-men who are capable of that now. Think Hjammer clones. Hell, even a Sopel clone would have been a step in the right direction--catfish looks or not. The problem is, even if we have D-prospects who are cut from that cloth it takes awhile to develop and be effective at the NHL level.

Even if we blagged Wahstrom, I'm still sure that he wouldn't be ready to take over a sizable chunk of Keith, Seabrook, or Keith & Seabrook's duties, and meanwhile the D will still be as-porous as it has been since 2015, so Crawford and whomever else mans the nets will still see more rubber than Miley Cyrus' twat.

Ergo: Same shit as last season. The type of defensemen we need don't come cheap...and Manning looks like a rehash or Runblad for 2.25M...not to mention Ward is a goaltender of the same ilk as Turco, Montoya, Niemi, etc.

I'm not getting good vibes for this coming season....and that's even if Crawford picks up where he left off.

I am really not sure of this. The hawks are so focused on finding a d man that is right for their system, that I think they take too much time molding them into players they are not. Look at Nick Leddy, basically stolen away for Cam Barker, carried the puck with pace, but never was allowed to be "that" guy since that spot was taken by a top 5 already. You look at TVR, plays well, solid D, took plenty of shots on nationally broadcast games, but paired with a cycle of three different partners and ends up being expendable since mistakes get made because maybe his "other" partner would be in the right place at the right time, but dropping the puck across with Rosival slowly getting there does not work.

It will be really dangerous for either Joker or our draftee to be solid if put into the 5th spot with three different partners. I think part of what worked so well for the early season best pair last year was Rutta and Forlsing stuck to gether. Eventually, they were not Keith and Seabs and eventually got broken apart with both of them spending time at Rockford, Forsling never came back.

The coaching staff simply need to allow these new players and young players to earn their spots. If Cat earns the spot of wing across from Kaner, then just leave him there. If the top line is truly Cat, Schmaltz and Kane then call them the top line. I dont think Q has the capacity to leave the egos at the locker room door.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

But Wahlstrom is a wing?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But Wahlstrom is a wing?
Why was I thinking he was a D man we were looking at over Boqvist?

More coffee needed.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hehe, I figured it was a brain fart. :)
Still...even though Maroon is a FWD and manning is D...holy fucknuts is that painful! Maroon for 1.75 and Manning for 2.25? Ugh, someone stop Stan from injecting LSD up his urethra!

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Manning would have been great here.
Now they have to play against him 6+ times. :(

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

I'm intrigued by Blake Hillman a bit. Seems the closest to the defensive defenseman prototype that Hjammer was. Very small sample size so I'm not making any assertions. Just want to see more.

But I'm with you on the overall pessimistic outlook for the upcoming season. Seems like the only route to the playoffs is through Crawford playing out of his mind again. He can do that, but it's still asking a lot from No. 50. Again.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm intrigued by Blake Hillman a bit. Seems the closest to the defensive defenseman prototype that Hjammer was. Very small sample size so I'm not making any assertions. Just want to see more.

But I'm with you on the overall pessimistic outlook for the upcoming season. Seems like the only route to the playoffs is through Crawford playing out of his mind again. He can do that, but it's still asking a lot from No. 50. Again.
Basically, yeah. I'm going into this year (barring future acquisitions) like going into 2007: not expecting much.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The only thing I'm looking forward to as the team is now will be the progression of Cat, and Schmaltz. Watch Kaner keep doing his thing. Watch Toews to continue falling off the cliff, along with Keith. Watch Seabrook look like a pylon. Hope that Sikura gets some PT, and shows potential or at least flashes. Basically I have 0 expectations for this season starting to feel like a Bears season of the last few years.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Vinnie, Oesterle & Hossa's contract traded to the Coyotes for a couple of players...developing

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
rest of the players

The Blackhawks have acquired Marcus Kruger, MacKenzie Entwistle, Jordan Maletta, Andrew Campbell and a 2019 fifth-round draft pick from Arizona in exchange for Marian Hossa, Vinnie Hinostroza, Jordan Oesterle and a 2019 third-round pick.

Well, we had two guys to replace Kruger since we could not afford him. Neither made it, Nordstrom also out of the organization.

But Vinnie? Really?

sounds like maybe we wont be able to afford him in 4 years again.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Stan reminds me of a kid playing sport video games running a franchise. Trades away a player, or lets players go in F/A. Then realizes shit bad idea, guess I will trade to get them back. Beginning to think Stan has 0 clue on how to build a team. Its become a yearly event which Hawks player comes back. I don't know of another Organization that does these types of moves. Soon we will see Teuvo or Breadman coming back

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Waiting to see what they do with the cap space before I decide if this was a good idea or not.

Because ...

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Waiting to see what they do with the cap space before I decide if this was a good idea or not.

Because ...

I would think Patches would be lower trade value as MTL said they weren't going to re sign after season.