Official Acquisitions Thread

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Waiting to see what they do with the cap space before I decide if this was a good idea or not.

Because ...

Yep. They had to do something with Hossa. Overall I'm not as pessimistic as many, but I get it.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yep. They had to do something with Hossa. Overall I'm not as pessimistic as many, but I get it.

I'm sure we all get it, but it sucks to see the best defensive FWD the 'hawks have had in my lifetime go.

Still, RSA on Kruger for a couple hundred thou...and Kruger helps in the C dpeht in the bottom 6 since he can play on the defensive side.

Losing Hino sucks.

Osterle was just a guy.

Entwhistle looks interesting down the road.

Maletta and Campbell are pretty much nothing playwers.

With 9.3M in cap space now, maybe the 'hawks could blag a D-man worth a squirt of piss in the backend.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Entwhistle looks very interesting as a big burly power forward, too bad this team has not spot for that type of physical player.

I really hope they put Kruger back on the fourth line and leave him be, when they moved him up his final season here it just turned into a turd line.

Fuck patch or skinner, get Breadman back.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Entwhistle looks very interesting as a big burly power forward, too bad this team has not spot for that type of physical player.

I really hope they put Kruger back on the fourth line and leave him be, when they moved him up his final season here it just turned into a turd line.

Fuck patch or skinner, get Breadman back.

As enticing as Breadman would be...this team needs defense.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure we all get it, but it sucks to see the best defensive FWD the 'hawks have had in my lifetime go.

Still, RSA on Kruger for a couple hundred thou...and Kruger helps in the C dpeht in the bottom 6 since he can play on the defensive side.

Losing Hino sucks.

Osterle was just a guy.

Entwhistle looks interesting down the road.

Maletta and Campbell are pretty much nothing playwers.

With 9.3M in cap space now, maybe the 'hawks could blag a D-man worth a squirt of piss in the backend.

Meant I get why people are down on the team in general. I loved Hossa, but they had to move that $ somehow. And yes, D would be nice

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
As enticing as Breadman would be...this team needs defense.

Best defense is a good offense? Or something.... anywho... as of right now I'm with Dmelt. The trade is kind of a wash until we see what the do with the space, of course, just to have space I would be willing to call it a win until he fucks it up with some over the hill veteran that was a name 7 years ago.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Now that the Hawks have opened some cap space, they may have greater flexibility to add depth on the blue line, possibly via a trade. They reportedly have been inquiring about Justin Faulk of the Hurricanes, a 26-year-old right-handed shot who has reached double digits in goals in three of the last four seasons. Faulk, a three-time all-star, is signed for two more seasons and carries an annual salary-cap figure of $4.8 million.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...khawks-marian-hossa-trade-20180712-story.html

Also, I just want to reiterate to all the turdballs who said that Hossa going out was a grand part of a scheme to get out of his contract... f you. They would have much rather had him playing than the dead money. Still disgusted he had to go out that way.

Sorry Tater... I'm sure you'll stop being a fan now.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
There is no way to view this latest transaction as anything other than a huge win.

If/when Stan misspends the added cap space that should be evaluated independently.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...khawks-marian-hossa-trade-20180712-story.html

Also, I just want to reiterate to all the turdballs who said that Hossa going out was a grand part of a scheme to get out of his contract... f you. They would have much rather had him playing than the dead money. Still disgusted he had to go out that way.

Sorry Tater... I'm sure you'll stop being a fan now.

Hossa will always be one of my favorite Hawks. Thanks 81

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

iu

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It is a win, its just a shitty win. I bet there will be some new rule written about shedding contracts eventually, by the time they try to do this with Keith.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Meant I get why people are down on the team in general. I loved Hossa, but they had to move that $ somehow. And yes, D would be nice

Either way whatever the record is next season I look at it the same way I’ve been looking at the White Sox. If they go young and suck I don’t mind it and support it cause we will get to a better future faster that way. If all they are going to do is add has been veterans and say we are close I will be turned off to the team. Direction means everything in how I support my teams.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Either way whatever the record is next season I look at it the same way I’ve been looking at the White Sox. If they go young and suck I don’t mind it and support it cause we will get to a better future faster that way. If all they are going to do is add has been veterans and say we are close I will be turned off to the team. Direction means everything in how I support my teams.

Yeah, I agree. I've been saying all the way back to mid season that they were in a kind of rebuild mode....limited by bad contracts that they were stuck with but doing what they could to get younger and faster. Now if they blow this fresh money they have on another aging veteran trying to make one last run....they can kiss my ass.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
...and down goes Brown. :D

Best defense is a good offense? Or something.... anywho... as of right now I'm with Dmelt. The trade is kind of a wash until we see what the do with the space, of course, just to have space I would be willing to call it a win until he fucks it up with some over the hill veteran that was a name 7 years ago.
Given the state of the defense as it is right now, if we blagged Panarin we'd have to hope to score 4-5 each night...6-7 if Crawford is out irrespective of which backup gets the nod.

Yeah, hyperbole, but the state of the D is just that bad. More O is always welcome but I'm hoping they could blag at least one 2-4 D-man who's stay-at-home and can help with soaking up minutes so Keith and Seabs' geriatric asses don't have to any more.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Panarin showed some of the Hossa tenacity of chasing down the puck he just turned over. We got Panarin just getting used to this north american game, there is plenty of room to grow still. Teams are just expecting him to want 10 million and are afraid to take him.

Seems the team needed to score 4-5 the way it was and lost out on a point a game player, the PK might be improved, but who knows if Krueger comes back with the taste of sour grapes in his mouth?

I am all for the Manning over Osterle so a D MAn can make those kind of hits again, maybe shake Seabrook out of his finesse mode. I dont think the lack of hitting ever showed me that our finesse guys were not taking hits, Toews' concussions and Kaner getting stood up showed me different.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Panarin showed some of the Hossa tenacity of chasing down the puck he just turned over. We got Panarin just getting used to this north american game, there is plenty of room to grow still. Teams are just expecting him to want 10 million and are afraid to take him.

Seems the team needed to score 4-5 the way it was and lost out on a point a game player, the PK might be improved, but who knows if Krueger comes back with the taste of sour grapes in his mouth?

I am all for the Manning over Osterle so a D MAn can make those kind of hits again, maybe shake Seabrook out of his finesse mode. I dont think the lack of hitting ever showed me that our finesse guys were not taking hits, Toews' concussions and Kaner getting stood up showed me different.

Panarin might have the tenacity, but not the skill defensively yet. Saad & Toews are better pickpockets but still can't even come close to sniffing the jock of Hossa. Hossa and Datsuyk were just on a completely different level.

The issue with the D is not Manning vs. Osterle. You're talking about 2 players that littler the bottom pairing. We need help not only in D from the FWDs (Kruger should help), but also in the top pairings. Keith was a complete clusterfuck last year and that was with Crawford bailing his ass out almost every night. As much as I like the Brian Campbell vs. RJ Umberger hits, right now the team defense needs to play defense 1st, and Osterle wasn't good, reports out of Philly are Manning isn't good. Seabrook is old and slow. Keith played like he was the victim of a trans-orbital lobotmy last year and is also on the wrong side of his career...so who's left? Forsling? Rutta? It's unreasonable to expect The Joker or Boqvist to even make the team, much less be the saviors when they can't even legally drink in the states.

Crawford (if healthy), Ward, and whoever else mans the nets better be prepared to get some PTSD.

It's not all negative though...coming into this year I am excited to see how El Gato and Schmaltz progress. even if we get shelled I got a hunch they both might break out even more.