IST: Twins @ Cubs

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Willson doing what Willson does.

Nice job Zo.

Hard to run bases with your head up your ass, Rizzo.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Rizzo and Happ are probably the cubs 2 worse baserunners

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
It is mind boggling to me that someone as capable and intelligent as Theo Epstein thought it was a good idea to sign Chatwood to a 3 year deal. The guy is fucking awful. And yes I realize the wind is blowing out but he bad almost every start.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
It is mind boggling to me that someone as capable and intelligent as Theo Epstein thought it was a good idea to sign Chatwood to a 3 year deal. The guy is fucking awful. And yes I realize the wind is blowing out but he bad almost every start.
Chatwood was terrific in the spring and everyone thought it was a good signing. Hindsight is easy

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Almora is just awful.

Look who’s in line for the win lol.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cubs have 9 runs on 13 singles..lol

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even by Javy's standards, that AB was as weird as it gets....8 pitch SO and the guy never threw a strike.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
And here is the real reason Chatwood walks everyone. Find the zone find scoreboard

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Seriously, i really hope Epstein and Hoyer are working on bringing in relievers so they can drop guys like Duensing and Wilson..

Those guys are useless

Rather see the kids from Iowa , bring back Mazzoni and just release Duensing after this game

CSF77

Liked Posts:

I was not even looking at him myself. Was a unexpected sign.

I honestly believe that they went in full tilt to get Ohtani and that signing was to lessen the blow. Just like Ejax was a knee jerk signing also. Both are pretty parallel scenarios except Jax was worse. Chatwood is making 1.5 WAR cash right now and you can get that value in the pen.

Yu imo was Theo looking at it and saying this team may not be a wild card as is. And as we have seen it was a honest evaluation

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Seriously, i really hope Epstein and Hoyer are working on bringing in relievers so they can drop guys like Duensing and Wilson..

Those guys are useless

Rather see the kids from Iowa , bring back Mazzoni and just release Duensing after this game

They really need to find a late inning guy if they are going for it.
Can’t trust Edwards or Strop.
I can live with Wilson if you don’t rely on him in a critical spot either.
But wth has happened to Duensing. Just beyond awful this year. Needs to go bye bye asap.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cubs really have an opportunity to put up some Ws before the break.

11 games with Detroit Cin SF and SD after tomorrow game with the Twins, only SF is above .500 at 3 over.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
They really need to find a late inning guy if they are going for it.
Can’t trust Edwards or Strop.
I can live with Wilson if you don’t rely on him in a critical spot either.
But wth has happened to Duensing. Just beyond awful this year. Needs to go bye bye asap.
Maybe the plan is to add one late guy and one middle guy...

Blake Treinan from Oakland could be of interest for a late guy...

Maybe they just go that route via trade, and just shore up the middle relief from within using their young guys and maybe Butler who pitching his first game tonight in Iowa

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Maybe the plan is to add one late guy and one middle guy...

Blake Treinan from Oakland could be of interest for a late guy...

Maybe they just go that route via trade, and just shore up the middle relief from within using their young guys and maybe Butler who pitching his first game tonight in Iowa

Jed alluded to internal solutions. Edwards is on rehab assignment and as you posted Butler also. Then you have Maples tossing wiffleballs

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But the pen at 100%

Morrow 1.54 ERA
Edwards 2.88 ERA

That should be your main 8-9 situation.

Mix in guys:
Cishek 1.75 ERA
Wilson 3.18 ERA
Strop 2.62 ERA

LOOGY:
Rosario: 1.80 ERA

Mop up guys:
Butler 4.30 ERA
Duesing: 6.92 ERA

Duesing really is not the same guy from last year even before his bereavement. Too hittable.

I see the rotation as a higher concern right now. If Yu comes back then Duesing gets bumped anyways.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The 2out RISP average just went up considerably after this game

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cubs really have an opportunity to put up some Ws before the break.

11 games with Detroit Cin SF and SD after tomorrow game with the Twins, only SF is above .500 at 3 over.

Please stop. When are you going to learn that there are no gimme games, no series that are a lock. Early on you thought they'd destroy Miami, then it was Pittsburgh just last week it was Cincinnati. The Cubs are not an elite team and they can be beaten on any day by any team. It's foolish to look ahead and expect wins because of their opponent, same as it would be to expect losses when they're playing the better teams. All they can do is play tomorrow, not next week or next month but the Twins, tomorrow. You try to get that one and move on. Look at this way....if you don't expect them to win a certain game or series then it won't be so crushing if they get beat.

Could they roll the next week or so? Sure they could but they could also get beat. We've seen it happen all year.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Please stop. When are you going to learn that there are no gimme games, no series that are a lock. Early on you thought they'd destroy Miami, then it was Pittsburgh just last week it was Cincinnati. The Cubs are not an elite team and they can be beaten on any day by any team. It's foolish to look ahead and expect wins because of their opponent, same as it would be to expect losses when they're playing the better teams. All they can do is play tomorrow, not next week or next month but the Twins, tomorrow. You try to get that one and move on. Look at this way....if you don't expect them to win a certain game or series then it won't be so crushing if they get beat.

Could they roll the next week or so? Sure they could but they could also get beat. We've seen it happen all year.
No shit their not Elite BatMan
Lol

I never said their going to kick ass and win out..

I said they have a GOOD CHANCE to get some Ws these next 12 games..
Ok
A CHANCE

I mean are they not a playoff team?
If so, then i hope at this point in the season they can start beating some of the below .500 teams

Funny though with you..

I say they'll have a tough stretch, you bitch that im being negative

I say they have a good chance at some Ws, you bitch about that

Lol

Like youre my stalker poster and just follow me around to bitch about anything i post..
LMAO