Are bears fans overrating pace?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
And Mike Silver said this about what Rapoport said

In terms of what team typically have to give up to move up in the draft I find it very unlikely there were any other serious offers to move up.
Breaking news reporters are arguing over their sources. Who's right, who's wrong, who cares. Like I said he said she said old bullshit news that can't be proven one way or another.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Breaking news reporters are arguing over their sources. Who's right, who's wrong, who cares. Like I said he said she said old bullshit news that can't be proven one way or another.

Well I am seeing more sources saying no one was trading up to #2. The point of the posts before wasn't about the actual trade but BP making Pace out to be some draft magician for trading up 1 spot when it was likely no one else was trading up for Trubisky. BP claimed there is no way to prove no team was going to trade, which I agreed but at least provided evidence that it wasn't very likely.

So if you aren't really caring about the he said she said old news BS, then talk about what was originally being discussed.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't say that at all my man. I only expressed my amazement that he could be a Bears fan, but have the bleakest, most negative view of Pace. Like You said, Pace hasn't been perfect, but he's slowly turned over the roster and had great drafts the last couple years. I choose to look at the bright side of that as a Bears fan. Now you're putting words in my mouth.

Let me assure you that nothing I have posted in this thread is even close to the "bleakest, most negative view of Pace". He traded up to get two players that may have not been worth trading up for, but the jury is still out and Pace went nuts in Free Agency not because he put on his Big Boy Pants, but because the roster he turned over ended up with the worst group of pass catchers in the NFL. That is just the truth...negative or not.

And yes I am aware of the consultant, but if you seriously believe that Ryan Pace said "Hey...I'm good with whoever you want." then I can not help you with that level of brain damage.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Let me assure you that nothing I have posted in this thread is even close to the "bleakest, most negative view of Pace". He traded up to get two players that may have not been worth trading up for, but the jury is still out and Pace went nuts in Free Agency not because he put on his Big Boy Pants, but because the roster he turned over ended up with the worst group of pass catchers in the NFL. That is just the truth...negative or not.

And yes I am aware of the consultant, but if you seriously believe that Ryan Pace said "Hey...I'm good with whoever you want." then I can not help you with that level of brain damage.

You are insufferably limited. I just wonder what you do. You really don't understand how it works in real life do you? How old are you?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

It’s over, buddy. Peter King was in the 49ers war room, no one was trading up to #2. Pace panicked. Neither the Jets nor the Browns were interested in Trubisky.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
It’s over, buddy. Peter King was in the 49ers war room, no one was trading up to #2. Pace panicked. Neither the Jets nor the Browns were interested in Trubisky.

Dont waste your time with pace nuthuggers. An actual video of the 9ers war room showing that no one called lynch and they knew the bears were trading up for trubisky (jacked up the priced) wasn't enough to convince them. And the browns trading up for him is asinine. They could have just drafted him.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are insufferably limited. I just wonder what you do. You really don't understand how it works in real life do you? How old are you?
I can tell you what I don't do...re-write history.

The most notable point I remember why the Bears went with a very dark horse candidate in Ryan Pace is that he "impressed with a very detailed interview explaining his three year plan for the team".

So a week later George says "Love the plan, but here is a new one because of Football Bros."???

Or maybe John Fox walked in with strong ties to some talented assistants and Ryan Pace thought hiring a coach that could land him Vic Fangio and Adam Gase to rebuild his team was a spectacular idea.

Is that really so far out of reality or am I not giving Don Ernie the ring-kissing he deserves?

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Good young GM who is still learning
Reset losing culture
Good drafting
Safe FA contracts
Aggressive when he believes in it

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
LOL. I bet even pace lovers chuckled at the resetting losing culture.

Emery over 3 years 23-25

Pace over 3 years 14-34

wake me up when the resetting of the losing culture is completed

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Adi did you ever bother to read Peter King's whole long article about that day? This is a quote from King that day "Ask me my gut feeling' and it is yes the Bears could have gotten Trubisky at three . But it was not at all certain." Again from King at the end of the article "There was also a mystery team that I could not identify that wanted to move to two and wouldn't say which player the team was targeting." Peter King did not know the inter workings of this trade, which goes back to my point. The only people who know what happened in that trade are Lynch and Pace, and they are not talking.

Was Pace a fool for moving up...……….People on these boards are going to believe what they want to believe yea or nay.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Dont waste your time with pace nuthuggers. An actual video of the 9ers war room showing that no one called lynch and they knew the bears were trading up for trubisky (jacked up the priced) wasn't enough to convince them. And the browns trading up for him is asinine. They could have just drafted him.
I would suggest you read Peter King's own words before passing judgement on another posters opinion.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You people are arguing with certified trolls. You played yourself.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Tostada

Liked Posts:
I can tell you what I don't do...re-write history.

The most notable point I remember why the Bears went with a very dark horse candidate in Ryan Pace is that he "impressed with a very detailed interview explaining his three year plan for the team".

So a week later George says "Love the plan, but here is a new one because of Football Bros."???

Or maybe John Fox walked in with strong ties to some talented assistants and Ryan Pace thought hiring a coach that could land him Vic Fangio and Adam Gase to rebuild his team was a spectacular idea.

Is that really so far out of reality or am I not giving Don Ernie the ring-kissing he deserves?

You never stated the last two paragraphs as premises. New too me. Good, because I agree. I be live Pace had to readjust his plan. He learned that he has to accommodate as GM. He is the big boy now. I bet he thought, " Fine, if I have too have Fox, I can get some good asst that can replace him fast." But, we all know how life keeps asking for re-adjustments. Yet, I like where the Bear's are in the progress. 3 years are up!

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Emery over 3 years 23-25

Pace over 3 years 14-34

Well, Emery was just doing a rebuild. Pace is doing a COMPLETE rebuild. So give Snails another four years or so, things oughta be fine . . .

. . . Sure thing . . .

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Whether you're a fan of Pace or not I think we can all agree that there is reason for optimism with this team that we haven't seen in years. It definitely looks like things are headed in the right direction from the ground up rather than pieced together with band-aids. Proof is in the pudding so we'll only know for sure once this season is over and we can give an honest grade. More wins than losses is what I'm looking for this season. Anything less is unacceptable. Playoffs should be expected in 2019 followed by sustained success.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
It is IMPOSSIBLE to overrated Pace's job as our GM so far.

<endtrollthread>

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:

LOL the Browns were infighting over taking him at one. They wanted him badly.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Emery over 3 years 23-25

Pace over 3 years 14-34

Wake up. Or keep hitting the snooze I really don't care. I'm fully awake and that is all that matters to me. Alpha dumb will change his name soon enough or the next ten years he will hear about how wrong he was on pretty much everything.