Are bears fans overrating pace?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I think there is some optimism for next season, but are fans overrating pace? He is considered one of the worst gms by sportingnews and nfl.com yet everyone on this forum seems to have a major hard on for him. Why is bear fan evaluation of pace a polar opposite from what the national writers think? I don't hate pace, but I prefer to take a wait and see approach before we crown his ass.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/lis...polo-watson-newton/1mk8av237aj0e1aeopioav2evt

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...nkings-howie-roseman-kevin-colbert-among-best

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
How long have I been saying that Ryan Pace is a fucking idiot?" 3 years. When will you people ever listen to me?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because we know where he started and that it's too soon for a grade. The Sporting news #1 grade GM was their #20 last year. Some posters gave him way too much shit for moving on from old players with little in the tank when we were obviously rebuilding. The moving up one spot for Mitch had a lot of silly hate as well. It was important enough to dictate the future of the entire team (Nagy and 2018 FAs). He's made some mistakes like Gould but other than 2 or 3 players, the entire 53 man roster has been turned over in 3 years.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
The Bears havent reached the playoffs and until you do, they arent going to crown you.

I am a Pace fanboy and i think he really understands the draft. I feel this is the most important trait of a GM.

His free agent decisions have been bad and that has held the team back from the success he had in the draft.

If we keep adding talent in the draft like we have been, the Bears are going to be good.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How long have I been saying that Ryan Pace is a fucking idiot?" 3 years. When will you people ever listen to me?

When you're proven to be right, and you have yet to be proven right in your entire pathetic life. Just because you say it doesn't make it so. Doesn't matter whether you "buy it" or not. Your schtick is tired.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I think there is some optimism for next season, but are fans overrating pace? He is considered one of the worst gms by sportingnews and nfl.com yet everyone on this forum seems to have a major hard on for him. Why is bear fan evaluation of pace a polar opposite from what the national writers think? I don't hate pace, but I prefer to take a wait and see approach before we crown his ass.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/lis...polo-watson-newton/1mk8av237aj0e1aeopioav2evt

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...nkings-howie-roseman-kevin-colbert-among-best

If you want to use the Bears record as an argument then sure, that's fine. You tell me that one article by greg rosenthal or some dude vinnie iyer rating Pace as bad has any meaning at all?

How is this any different than posting a video from someone from GMFB or some other analyst being positive towards the Bears? None of it maters.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/lis...nch-elway/1jw25ks2jziya1sm0grjadghr0/slide/20

Here's an article from last year from the same site having Howie Roseman at #20. Looks pretty silly in hindsight, don't it?

Edit: Les Snead ranked 24 on this list. Lol.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
When you're proven to be right, and you have yet to be proven right in your entire pathetic life. Just because you say it doesn't make it so. Doesn't matter whether you "buy it" or not. Your schtick is tired.
In the face of this entire forum I predicted Pace would be a fail and the Bears franchise would waste 5 years with this guy. I provided reasons. I have been proven right. Acknowledge that then fuck off. Regards

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's difficult to overrate 14-and-34, but somehow the Pacemakers here at chicitysports have done so.

Respect is earned, and Snails ain't earned it. Will he? . . .

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is rated at the bottom because his team's record is at the bottom.

It is starting to look like Pace might be setting this team up for long term success. Which is exciting. However, Pace doesn't get credit until it actually happens.

In other words, the Bears suck until they don't. And Pace sucks until the Bears are good.

Nobody gives a fuck until it happens on the field on gameday.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sammich

Liked Posts:
I am definitely more excited and optimistic about Nagy.... not so much about Pace.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
Much like ours have said Pace can draft unlike the others like Angelo and Emery. The game is changing to the point where drafting youth is worth more to teams then big named FA's who kill cap.