Are bears fans overrating pace?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Well, Emery was just doing a rebuild. Pace is doing a COMPLETE rebuild. So give Snails another four years or so, things oughta be fine . . .

. . . Sure thing . . .

This is the thing about pace lovers. They have put us rational fans in he awkward position of defending two shitty gms in emery and angelo. The bears got a downgrade with emery and another with pace.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
LOL the Browns were infighting over taking him at one. They wanted him badly.

The wanted him so badly that they passed on him for a de. You dont pass on a de for a qb. Please stop making this Special person claim pace lovers.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Wake up. Or keep hitting the snooze I really don't care. I'm fully awake and that is all that matters to me. Alpha dumb will change his name soon enough or the next ten years he will hear about how wrong he was on pretty much everything.

If pace becomes a good gm, I will be the first one to eat crow. But lets be honest. They gave him a leash longer than previous gms. Im sure emery is sitting somewhere thinking where were these fans when i was gm.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
The wanted him so badly that they passed on him for a de. You dont pass on a de for a qb. Please stop making this Special person claim pace lovers.

They said they wanted him badly. Are they making it up? The owner said so himself. Is he lying too? There was even talk about firing the coach who promised Trubs could be had later. But I'm sure you know more. NOT.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
If pace becomes a good gm, I will be the first one to eat crow. But lets be honest. They gave him a leash longer than previous gms. Im sure emery is sitting somewhere thinking where were these fans when i was gm.

Like they had a choice, no GM was turning this around quickly. We were old bad and in cap trouble.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
They said they wanted him badly. Are they making it up? The owner said so himself. Is he lying too? There was even talk about firing the coach who promised Trubs could be had later. But I'm sure you know more. NOT.

LOL. then he should have drafted him. He is the owner. He has veto power. So instead of taking a qb they really wanted, they pass on him for a DE. i dont think even the browns are that stupid.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Wake up. Or keep hitting the snooze I really don't care. I'm fully awake and that is all that matters to me. Alpha dumb will change his name soon enough or the next ten years he will hear about how wrong he was on pretty much everything.

Step 1 of resetting a losing culture....continue losing

Step 2......Super Bowl?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adi did you ever bother to read Peter King's whole long article about that day? This is a quote from King that day "Ask me my gut feeling' and it is yes the Bears could have gotten Trubisky at three . But it was not at all certain." Again from King at the end of the article "There was also a mystery team that I could not identify that wanted to move to two and wouldn't say which player the team was targeting." Peter King did not know the inter workings of this trade, which goes back to my point. The only people who know what happened in that trade are Lynch and Pace, and they are not talking.

Was Pace a fool for moving up...……….People on these boards are going to believe what they want to believe yea or nay.

He spilled the complete truth weeks later, he didn’t want to make things awkward for Lynch at that particular time. I read all his MMQB’s.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL the Browns were infighting over taking him at one. They wanted him badly.

Applause to the Browns, for closing ranks in the first round and keeping alive the perception that they might trade from 12 to two to pick up North Carolina quarterback Mitchell Trubisky. That, in part, forced the Bears, who wanted Trubisky badly, to deal from three to two and throw in a third draft choice to assure they’d get their man. The Browns at times have been a leaky sieve during drafts. Not this time" — Peter King

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Applause to the Browns, for closing ranks in the first round and keeping alive the perception that they might trade from 12 to two to pick up North Carolina quarterback Mitchell Trubisky. That, in part, forced the Bears, who wanted Trubisky badly, to deal from three to two and throw in a third draft choice to assure they’d get their man. The Browns at times have been a leaky sieve during drafts. Not this time" — Peter King

but there is no way to no for sure that any team wouldnt have traded up....right?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
but there is no way to no for sure that any team wouldnt have traded up....right?

Yep. Overpaying to secure your man is what good gms do. Just like overpaying glennon to the tune of 18 million.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Yep. Overpaying to secure your man is what good gms do. Just like overpaying glennon to the tune of 18 million.

There is no such thing as overpaying if Trubs becomes a franchise QB. Now I can't defend the Glennon thing, that was just plain bad.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You never stated the last two paragraphs as premises. New too me. Good, because I agree. I be live Pace had to readjust his plan. He learned that he has to accommodate as GM. He is the big boy now. I bet he thought, " Fine, if I have too have Fox, I can get some good asst that can replace him fast." But, we all know how life keeps asking for re-adjustments. Yet, I like where the Bear's are in the progress. 3 years are up!

Not exactly my thoughts here, but close enough. I still don't think Pace settled for or was coerced into hiring John Fox. I think Pace thought Fox was the best option and I don't think he was wrong to think that...even if it only lasted three seasons.

I think his ideal scenario would have been to promote Gase if his offense was successful, but Miami did not give Pace the time he was looking for. Fine by me because I thought Gase was overrated and am far more intrigued with hiring one of Andy Reid's Soldiers.

Anywoo...three years have passed, so this is the season you should see Ryan Pace's vision of the Chicago Bears.

(fingers crossed)