Can the bulls get jimmy back?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What is it with this franchise employing unqualified Iowa St coaches?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ironically, JB is realistically the best FA the Bulls can actually get next year. Want to pay $35 million a year to a 30 year old Butler? A team of Dunn, Lavine, Butler, Markannen, Carter, Hutch and Portis could contend in the East now.

which means they cant contend in the West.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
irving was talking about considering the knicks...maybe the knicks get jb and kyrie in 2019 for fizdale to work some magic

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Ironically, JB is realistically the best FA the Bulls can actually get next year. Want to pay $35 million a year to a 30 year old Butler? A team of Dunn, Lavine, Butler, Markannen, Carter, Hutch and Portis could contend in the East now.
Pump the breaks here. We have no idea, right now, if Carter or Hutch are worth anything.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
re: Jimmy

Look, I love the hard work that Jimmy has put in. He deserves all the big money he gets. That said, he is not the #1 option, and probably not the #2 option, on a championship team.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

Look, I love the hard work that Jimmy has put in. He deserves all the big money he gets. That said, he is not the #1 option, and probably not the #2 option, on a championship team.

Probably not in the era of super teams but would have been good enough to be a 2 a few years ago.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Re: The Bulls these days. Thanks to Garpax and the Reinsdorfs

[video=youtube;xLpfbcXTeo8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLpfbcXTeo8[/video]

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:

Jimmy can be a No.2 on a championship team. Lebron could have used him. Jimmy is Kawhi Leonard without the ring. Same guy.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Holy shit this guy is an idiot.

Jimmy is a legit top 15 guy. Let see how good Kawhi is outside San Antonio without Popovich. If Kawhi is better it is not by much. Sometimes a good situation makes a player look better than they are. Like Draymond Green in GS. If JB was with the Spurs instead of Kawhi I dont think you lose much at all.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pass on JB. I like him, but it's kind of pointless. He's prime will be over soon, and we don't have a realistic shot of competing for a title for a few years anyway, so may as well try to develop younger guys in meantime, and then go for a big name free agent or something in the future to help put us over the edge. Hopefully.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Butler is talking about teaming up with Kyrie somewhere else. I would look for the Clippers to eventually want to build a super team so they can sell out the stadium too.

These teams in the west either need to join in or move to New England or somewhere to get out of the conference.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Yeah, I'm good. I'll take Lauri, LaVine and Dunn to start a rebuild.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Woj said the list of teams he would sign with are the Clippers, Knicks, and Nets.

Unless there is some pretty big shifting coming up with FA, I don't see how those three teams do anything to help Butler get a ring. A supermax contract, yes. A ring, no.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Woj said the list of teams he would sign with are the Clippers, Knicks, and Nets.

Unless there is some pretty big shifting coming up with FA, I don't see how those three teams do anything to help Butler get a ring. A supermax contract, yes. A ring, no.

New York would have to add Kyrie too. Then their odds improve but I still don't think they'd get that ring.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Maybe, just maybe, butler doesn't give two shits about winning.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I don't get why Kyrie would leave Boston with all that talent and a great coach around him. Tatum will probably end up being way better than Butler and doesn't have near the mileage.

LeBron is gone so its his time to take over the east. His competition is what? Philly? Bucks?...Raptors? I'd say he'd be a fool to leave to join the disaster that is the New York Knicks.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't get why Kyrie would leave Boston with all that talent and a great coach around him. Tatum will probably end up being way better than Butler and doesn't have near the mileage.

LeBron is gone so its his time to take over the east. His competition is what? Philly? Bucks?...Raptors? I'd say he'd be a fool to leave to join the disaster that is the New York Knicks.
Agreed. It makes no sense.