Can the bulls get jimmy back?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
The t wolves are in disarray and KAT wants out. Thibs is grinding his guys again and the west just got a lot tougher. Would it make sense for jimmy to come back. I believe he can opt out next year. He knows the team and didnt really want to get traded. I would rather the bulls try to compete sooner than later now that lebron is out of the east.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I can see Jimmy going to Houston to be near family, rather than come back to Chicago.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I cant imagine houston having the cap space to do it.

Cap space? I'm not sure if you noticed this trend of super team building. If the players want to go there, the teams find ways to make it happen.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Its a possibility if they fire Fred but i don't want him back.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
the question is how much money does one need? Already with one 95 million dollar contract, maybe some players just dont care how much the guy in the locker room is getting paid. As far as what we will watch here is guys like Asik getting big dollars to buy out big contracts to create cap space to have us believe that some real free agent WANTS to come here, let alone someone who already dealt with the organizations crap even considering it..

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
The t wolves are in disarray and KAT wants out. Thibs is grinding his guys again and the west just got a lot tougher. Would it make sense for jimmy to come back. I believe he can opt out next year. He knows the team and didnt really want to get traded. I would rather the bulls try to compete sooner than later now that lebron is out of the east.

jimmy wants to get paid which is likely why he wont accept an extension this summer so he can get a ridiculous max deal when he opts out next summer. the bulls front office got rid of jimmy once, i dont see them bringing him back only to pay him even more money.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was under the impression that Jimmy no longer wanted to play here. But maybe I am mistaken.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I was under the impression that Jimmy no longer wanted to play here. But maybe I am mistaken.

I do not think he wants to play here if Hoiberg is the coach. There were some saying that he actually told Garpax to pick him or Fred and they chose Fred with the trade.

I dont think anyone outside Chicago thinks Fred is a great coach. The team is being based on if we hit our threes we might win, if we dont, we will definitely lose. There needs to be some inside thinking when the team is shooting 1-28 in the first half and down by three touchdowns.

AussieBear

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports...uld-have-plans-to-try-and-take-over-the-east/

I brought this up before, though I'm not sure if I did on here or not. I was pretty much laughed out of the room. Although I'm not saying Chicago is a guarantee, I think it's a possibility. Jimmy is found of Chicago and just bought another place here not to long ago. 2019 is going to be a big summer for this team.

he and kyrie going to duh knicks in 19... unicorn, butler, kyrie, super mario and a cheap defending rebounding center..

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Buckets better be careful before he gets stigmatized as a cancer. Can't keep alienating young, franchise players.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Buckets better be careful before he gets stigmatized as a cancer. Can't keep alienating young, franchise players.

To be fair, look who Jimmy has had problems with....

D. Rose and Noah who were broken and still thought they were alphas. They haven't been near the same caliber of player since and didn't want to pass the torch to Jimmy....

Fred Hoiberg....one of the softest, wet noodle coaches in the entire NBA. Poor coaching, poor rotations, and lets players run the show.

Wiggins....the ultimate let down. All the talent in the world and no work ethic or desire to propel it. Same goes for KAT....he could be a legit superstar and he settles to just be "very good."

It's not like Jimmy is clashing heads with passionate winners.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
But this latest rumor claims that he's not a fan of Karl Anthony-Towns. And he has a habit lately of airing dirty laundry in public instead of keeping it in-house. If he has a problem with a player's work ethic he should bring it to them; not the press.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
But this latest rumor claims that he's not a fan of Karl Anthony-Towns. And he has a habit lately of airing dirty laundry in public instead of keeping it in-house. If he has a problem with a player's work ethic he should bring it to them; not the press.

I do agree with that point. He does have a very bad habit of not keeping things in house.

I’d wager though that he probably does bring it to them first and then nothing changes, frustration takes over and he starts popping off. Not that it’s right...

I’m not really a big fan of going after JB I’m free agency next year but I wouldn’t hate it either. He’s probably their most realistic target and it would be pretty funny to see the Bulls trading Jimmy Butler and in 2 years time have it turn into Dunn, LaVine, Lauri, WCJ, and Jimmy Butler lol. That’s beast mode as far as trades/value go. And I’m including WCJ in there because the Bulls wouldn’t have been drafting 7th with JB on the team.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Ironically, JB is realistically the best FA the Bulls can actually get next year. Want to pay $35 million a year to a 30 year old Butler? A team of Dunn, Lavine, Butler, Markannen, Carter, Hutch and Portis could contend in the East now.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Cowley said this morning that he wants to move back to the East with Kyrie.

czman

Liked Posts:
No thanks. Butler is a good player. He has averaged 67 games a season over the last 5 years (since he became a starter). Missing 15 games a season is probably not going to get better into his 30s. Players who play many seasons for Tibs have a history of crashing hard in their early 30s (Deng and Noah for example).

Butler gets is not as good as he thinks and is just not a good teammate. Some people will make excuses for him, but he has aligned just about everyone everywhere he has been. He is not as good as he thinks he is. He thinks he is a superstar, but he isn't. He is a very good player who misses too much time and gets his numbers by playing too many minutes and getting to the line with hard contact.

I don't want the Bulls to go anywhere near him. He is another Gilbert Arenas contract waiting to happen. I fully suspect the last half of his next contract will be a nightmare for the team he is on. 33/34 year old Jimmy butler making 35+ million a season is not something you should want. If he gets a 5 year deal, heaven help that team.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The Bulls pushed the reset button to start the rebuild by trading Jimmy. Don't see them backtracking and re-acquiring him.