Can the bulls get jimmy back?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Lets clear one thing up: Jimmy is not eligible for the Supermax.

You have to be with the team that drafted you or traded while on your rookie contract.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Well, the Minny owner has thrown Thibs and his GM out of the way and told teams to contact him directly so he can move Butler.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Brooklyn, Detroit, Houston, the LA Clippers, Miami and Philadelphia are among the teams interested in probing for deals.

Really houston?

Butler preferred Clippers and Nets, but it seems it was because they had no max roster players.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Brooklyn, Detroit, Houston, the LA Clippers, Miami and Philadelphia are among the teams interested in probing for deals.

Really houston?

Butler preferred Clippers and Nets, but it seems it was because they had no max roster players.

How does Houston afford him without decimating the team?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Gordon+Nene+1st would work. Minnesota hangs up the phone though.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
If he goes to houston though they would be sick. Jimmy as your 3rd best player is not a bad team.

CP3-Harden-Melo-Butler sounds like a disaster to me but who knows.

I was skeptic of CP3-Harden working and they almost beat the Warriors until CP3 got hurt.

EthanHarris

Liked Posts:
If he goes to houston though they would be sick. Jimmy as your 3rd best player is not a bad team.

It will be a team that can give a fight to GSW. But, I'm not sure Jimmy Buttler build to be 3rd or 2nd best player in a team.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I'm good. I'll take Lauri, LaVine and Dunn to start a rebuild.

One legit starter, plus 2 guys that are backups/rotation players on a legit playoff contender?

You're happy with that nucleus? That's Sac-Kings level talent BTW.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
And add Klay Thompson.

Klay has been very clear that he's staying in GS, and why would anyone leave that organization for this one?

EthanHarris

Liked Posts:
Klay has been very clear that he's staying in GS, and why would anyone leave that organization for this one?

He won't leave GSW to be the top star of another team. He is not a bench player, he is in the starting five!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One legit starter, plus 2 guys that are backups/rotation players on a legit playoff contender?

You're happy with that nucleus? That's Sac-Kings level talent BTW.
Until the franchise bumbles into getting a star player, we will be Kings level for the foreseeable future anyway. Problem is the East is still so awful that Kings level talent might give us a playoff spot.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Until the franchise bumbles into getting a star player, we will be Kings level for the foreseeable future anyway. Problem is the East is still so awful that Kings level talent might give us a playoff spot.

IDK....I would almost prefer to not make the playoffs rather than creeping into the 7/8 slot and getting smoked in 3 games.

The underlying problem is that GarPax aren't going to assume a high-risk profile in terms of roster, it's pretty evident they are quite happy with a low-risk approach (i.e., high-floor & lower-ceiling players) in order to field a ~.500 and marginal playoff team which will enable them to keep their jobs.

Goal of the fans is a championship, goal of GarPax is continued employment.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IDK....I would almost prefer to not make the playoffs rather than creeping into the 7/8 slot and getting smoked in 3 games.

The underlying problem is that GarPax aren't going to assume a high-risk profile in terms of roster, it's pretty evident they are quite happy with a low-risk approach (i.e., high-floor & lower-ceiling players) in order to field a ~.500 and marginal playoff team which will enable them to keep their jobs.

Goal of the fans is a championship, goal of GarPax is continued employment.
I agree. And while in most situations this team that we're fielding this season would be a lottery team, the state of the East is such that it undermines that effort. So GarPax has done their job beautifully as far as attaining their goal...a high octane offense (in theory) that makes the playoffs and feels like it's x and y pieces away from being a real contender. While the rest of us know this team is doomed.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
I believe within a season that the Zach Lavine contract will be considered one of the worst, dumbest overpays in the entire league. A physically broken volume scorer that cannot play D, LOL.

Here's the sad part: as a Bulls fan, I don't even care. They will suck with or without him, makes no difference.

My only surprise is how many people in this thread overvalue that bum.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

money. They have to come up with 200 million for durant, their douche also wants a contract in the 30's-40's and Cousins?

Thing is, Klay Thompson is just another player on a different team. He might go off 15 games out of the year, but has never consistently done it all that a MAX star is required to do.

Thibbs has bought a back hoe and is digging his own grave, going around the owner and meeting with butler to convince him to get back on board.

What exactly is the difference, both of them leave after the season?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Only because its the east, Jimmy could get the Bulls somewhere. But #1, he doesn't want to come back. And #2, its a band-aid that gets us nowhere in 2-3 years, maybe even a long term setback. Unfortunately, the best hope is to stick with young player approach, wait for a few dinosaurs to die off, then *hopefully* have enough money to draw in a player that fits a need down the line. The Parker and LaVine experiment is either going to work or fail. Not a lot in between, because there is not enough meat on the bone to nab another FA without another catastrophic shake-up (because Gar/Pax are not good at shake-ups). And possibly seeing how the league is moving, one good economic turn, the league will lockout and we'll see a CBA that *hopefully* reduces the super-team trend. And in that case, the Bulls would actually be in a better situation than a lot of teams.

<koolaid>The best bet is to hope these guys can have an entertaining season, after all, a few fresh faces, a lot of breakout potential from SOMEONE, who knows who, odds are not everyone is going to bust, *knock on wood*, and Bulls might have an all-star in the weak east to rally around. </koolaid>

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
On paper they look like a fun team.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How about we forget about this headcase?