NFC North: Packers have easiest schedule in the NFC

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is one thing I am pretty sure about and that is that THE BEARs are gonna AMBUSH the Pack and start 1-0

I said the SAME fuckin thing about the Opening day for INDY and their new stadium and guess what ? They beat Indy at home in their new palace.

NO ONE, absolutely Nobody, expects the BEARs to win week ONE at Lambeau....... 1-0 NANCIEs

As long as they are going to win, can they knock Aaron Rodgers out for the season as well?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well duh. The difference is that the term used to describe it, strength of schedule, is highly misleading when you're using it as a projection. It would make far more sense if they called it projected strength of schedule versus strength of schedule. One for before the season and the other for what it actually turned out to be after the season.

^Agreed.

I posted the final 2017 S.O.S. You posted the predictive adjusted Power Ranking for 2018 based on 2017 results.

from your link:
About The New Ratings
Our new power ratings have been in development since 2011. Designed exclusively for predictive purposes, these ratings improve upon the old ratings in several ways, most notably by incorporating a preseason rating for each team that improves early season accuracy.

I'm not saying last year's SOS predicts this years success, just that they were in a lot of games despite a tougher road and a dozen other factors stacked against the 2017 season; injuries, shitty coaching, shit FG kickers, etc. Can't be much worse or likely AS HARD as last year is my only point in mentioning. Your link proves that things SHOULD get at least a little easier going forward into '18. :bearbang:

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As long as they are going to win, can they knock Aaron Rodgers out for the season as well?

We are gonna get at 'em on Both sides of the Ball for a Beatdown in their house without anybody getting injured

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the people saying you can't properly evaluate the Strength of Schedule until after the season----well, obviously. But you're missing the point.

If you're wanting to evaluate or analyze a team's schedule before the season AT ALL, you must use PREDICTIVE measures. Probably the best predictive measure for upcoming Strength of Schedule is teams' performances from last year. Of course teams get better or worse, but if you're aware of a better predictive measure, let's hear it.

Exactly what XER & I are doing. :yep:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah I just feel its a failure in semantics or naming convention. However you wanna call it.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Here is the thing that I just don't get. Romo says "I think the Packers probably got better, maybe more than any team I saw this offseason. lol is Romo on drugs? If they improved at all it will be by the tiniest margin. Meanwhile our Bears got much much better as a team and much much better as a coaching staff. DaBears improved more then any team in the league and it's not really close. Rams 2nd. Romo is a homer I get that but what he said is funny and should be made fun of. The Pack's possible improvement would put them as one of the least improved teams in the league. Hey Romo I think the Seahawks are the most improved team this year. See I do drugs too.
Yeah, I didn't understand this either. They lost Jordy and gained Graham on a team where scoring wasnt their issue. It's an incremental gain at best (and Rodgers doesn't have a strong history of utilizing TEs anyway).

Defensively, they added Wilkerson. But they're defense was, and still is, a joke from a talent perspective.

I guess it's just safe to say the third best QB in the NFL will go to the Superbowl.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess it's just safe to say the third best QB in the NFL will go to the Superbowl.

I am thinking Rodgers gets knocked down some pegs when the dust settles on the 2018 season and finally starts getting outplayed by a lot of the young blood out there now. Even going into this season, give me Russel Wilson over Rodgers IMO.

Maybe this time next year...he is just considered top ten at best.

(Would be nice if anyone can steal his NFC North Crown too)

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Take advantage and bet on the Bears. Blind media and "player hatin" = PERFECT recipe for GREAT odds. Laugh at Ommy & the haters all season & to the bank.

DBCOOPER

Liked Posts:
More importantly, how do you know the strength of schedule before you play the schedule??? You're not going to know how strong your schedule is until after you play it.

That's the problem with these articles. The strength of scheduled is based on how the teams performed last year, but obviously some good teams from last year are bad this year, and vice versa.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
That's the problem with these articles. The strength of scheduled is based on how the teams performed last year, but obviously some good teams from last year are bad this year, and vice versa.

Some, but the median usually stays the same.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I didn't understand this either. They lost Jordy and gained Graham on a team where scoring wasnt their issue. It's an incremental gain at best (and Rodgers doesn't have a strong history of utilizing TEs anyway).

Defensively, they added Wilkerson. But they're defense was, and still is, a joke from a talent perspective.

The 2 CBs they drafted could end up being really good. If they play up to their projections.

Last edited: