2018 Hug watch thread..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Turns out Caratini is MIA
Read he was getting stir crazy in Iowa and just disappeared...

Now im seeing the Cubs designated Giminez for reassignment and called up Caratini..

Sounds like a Lestella situation..lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Going to be a fun few weeks..

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Apparently some people still want Russell moved even if its not for Machado. Cub fans will never be happy. That cubs HQ article even suggests fast tracking Nico to cover shortstop, you know that guy we just chose 24th in the draft, even though we have Happ, Zobrist and Stella to play second base. Its really amazing.

Ricketts is a billionaire, tv money will be coming, advertising dollars are blowing up, and people prefer other people being here than our own "home grown" team.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Apparently some people still want Russell moved even if its not for Machado. Cub fans will never be happy. That cubs HQ article even suggests fast tracking Nico to cover shortstop, you know that guy we just chose 24th in the draft, even though we have Happ, Zobrist and Stella to play second base. Its really amazing.

Ricketts is a billionaire, tv money will be coming, advertising dollars are blowing up, and people prefer other people being here than our own "home grown" team.
A month ago i was looking for that deal with Machado..
Today im ok with the offense as is
Because
Id prefer they strengthen the pitching
with any of the access they use in a deal..

I just hope the Dodgers Nationals or Brewers dont end up getting Machado DeGrom and or Fulmer and they end up being what knocks the cubs out in the playoffs....

Doubt the cubs do it ..
But
Sometimes teams make deals just to keep their possible playoff opponents from getting them and improving..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Going to be a fun few weeks..
Im interested in seeing what route Epstein Hoyer takes with the rotation..

We know now that Darvish wont be back til end July early August..

So the question now is do they chance it and hope he not only returns but returns healthy and pitches well..
Or
Do they go out and get another starter just in case he dont..

Im not so sure finishing out the season and going into the playoffs with Montgomery and Chatwood at the end of the rotation will be enough to get it done, despite how good Monty looks now..

Plus

Not sure because of how things are with them now , if having Quintana and Hendricks as the 2 and 3 starter in playoff will be good enough to make it through the postseason...

They have a couple weeks to decide if they need a backup plan in case Darvish cant be that guy ...

CSF77

Liked Posts:
https://twitter.com/ESPNChiCubs/status/1015290060185460736?s=19

You wanna believe this, then pray hard that Hendricks Quintana and Chatwood figure it out quickly

Theo just said what was happening. They do not have any top 100 prospects and it has cost 2 to get a TOR arm. They are not screwing with what they have to get it.

It should boil down to Yu and Smyly as adds this season. They might make a minor deal if needed. They never said they wouldnt deal at all

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Theo just said what was happening. They do not have any top 100 prospects and it has cost 2 to get a TOR arm. They are not screwing with what they have to get it.

It should boil down to Yu and Smyly as adds this season. They might make a minor deal if needed. They never said they wouldnt deal at all
I know he just said it, that why i quoted it..[emoji849]

Im saying if he really means that and he not just trying to instill confidence in his starters to see how they respond in their next couple starts..

Then we as fans better hope they do respond, otherwise it not going to be a flip the switch type 2nd half if they keep pitching the way they have so far.

Brewers aren't going anywhere...
If their the ones who add that SP and a solid bat to help them in 2nd half

Cubs may be fighting for a WC spot

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Chatwood’s last game showed that he has made an adjustment. He was in the zone but his hits against went up with it.

I see it as he is gaining control but lacks command.

Bad investment

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Chatwood’s last game showed that he has made an adjustment. He was in the zone but his hits against went up with it.

I see it as he is gaining control but lacks command.

Bad investment
This is what i want to see how management handles...

Being all in to win it all, and in a tight race for the division..
Cant have a guy in the rotation that you cant count on to get a W and eats up the bullpen every 5th game, even as a 5th starter...

If their not going to go out and get an upgrade to the rotation over him..
Im not sold on Monty to be that much better in the long run, just think he'll tire out as he goes on..

Then they really really need Darvish Quintana and Hendricks to be what we all hoped they would in the 2nd half..
Their the ones that need to flip that switch and go off..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Hendricks and Q have a track record. Chatwood and Montgomery do not.

Yu is a wild card with Smyly

I could see them flipping Underwood for Ross. Good trade for both teams. Ross holds no long term and Pads get a back of the rotation arm they tend to acquire. That park makes pitchers better then they are.

That is the type of deal that wouldn’t shock me

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But if you are looking at a legit #2 it is Yu. He holds that level of talent.

I would approach it with a long term limiter in place. I have Smyly, Yu, Chatwood, Montgomery, Lester,Hendricks all in control for 2019. I have a option on Q.

Then I have Alzolay looking to break into the rotation

So I’m 8 deep next year. While having Mills and Underwood sitting at Iowa.

So in view of this if I can trade Underwood for a rent it makes sense. I have no place for him in 2019 anyways.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Id expect if the cubs are looking to add another SP, that they would look to get it done before the break so they can have him ready to go and set their rotation for the 5 game series vs the Cardinals...

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not sure i want someone elses garbage and hope he better then our garbage....

https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_BB/status/1016024350481317888?s=19

JA has a track record. Is off the books also.

I’m not sure what this means though. If it is Chatwood for him strait done deal. Montgomery for him no.

I honestly believe this is just the Cubs evaluating the market to find their trade weight.

They would be better off waiting for better options to hit as that deprecates Happ’s value. Right now he is the best purchase which inflates his value.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts: