Rowekwon Smith highest rated rookie defender

AussieBear

In Madden 19.

No. 1: Roquan Smith, MLB, Chicago Bears - 81 OVR
No. 2: Bradley Chubb, DE, Denver Broncos - 80 OVR
No. 3: Derwin James, SS, Los Angeles Chargers - 80 OVR
No. 4: Denzel Ward, CB, Cleveland Browns - 80 OVR
No. 5: Vita Vea, DT, Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 79 OVR

I'd say highest in duh game but they gave saykwon barkley da 82.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000939414

Last edited by a moderator:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Imagine how he'll be when he gets an NFL physique.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Too bad hes not 3 inches taller. Nothing to be worried about though, right?

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anthony Miller- Getting really excited about this receiver.. Already he has a chip on his shoulder and feels so disrespected..Hope he takes away that Kevin White regret

nothing like some good rebound pussy after a bad relationship

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I love Miller's confidence and I hope he pans out. However, if he is as good as he thinks he is, this guy is a prime candidate for TO syndrome.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Where last years crop of rookies had boom or bust kind of feel, this year is the exact opposite.

Smith, Daniels and Miller all feel like the front office was not reaching when they were selected at their positions. Even trading back up for Miller at 51 that feels like a solid pick. All of these guys are higher floor type guys. Hope they produce as well as we want them to, BUT the best thing of all is that NONE of them need to come in on a white horse and save the franchise. In years past, the draft picks needed to be pro-bowlers in order to move the team in the right direction. This year it feels like if those top three can contribute and develop, then that is exactly what was intended.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Where last years crop of rookies had boom or bust kind of feel, this year is the exact opposite.

Smith, Daniels and Miller all feel like the front office was not reaching when they were selected at their positions. Even trading back up for Miller at 51 that feels like a solid pick. All of these guys are higher floor type guys. Hope they produce as well as we want them to, BUT the best thing of all is that NONE of them need to come in on a white horse and save the franchise. In years past, the draft picks needed to be pro-bowlers in order to move the team in the right direction. This year it feels like if those top three can contribute and develop, then that is exactly what was intended.

I understand your point. The Bears certainly don't seem as "desperate" for talent as they did in years past. And despite the fact the team hasn't been very competitive in the a long time they seem to be moving in a positive direction. However, I still believe this team may lack top end talent.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^ agreed.

That's why it's so important to keep options open early on in a rebuild...to allow em to pounce on great value picks later with big upside and high floors while the "filler" players aren't locked in and can be let go with little to no penalty.

I'll also agree that the team doesn't have much PROVEN top end talent, if any, save Hicks, and spotty good performance by several others. Nothing sustained long term yet with full healthy seasons. Lots to be proven, but that's kind of exciting to have that in the bank ready to see it play out.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I love Miller's confidence and I hope he pans out. However, if he is as good as he thinks he is, this guy is a prime candidate for TO syndrome.

If he is as good as TO then who gives a shit.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
^ agreed.

That's why it's so important to keep options open early on in a rebuild...to allow em to pounce on great value picks later with big upside and high floors while the "filler" players aren't locked in and can be let go with little to no penalty.

I'll also agree that the team doesn't have much PROVEN top end talent, if any, save Hicks, and spotty good performance by several others. Nothing sustained long term yet with full healthy seasons. Lots to be proven, but that's kind of exciting to have that in the bank ready to see it play out.

? Howard? Amos? Fuller?