Think you are the best fantasy football player?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Personally I HATE waiver wire order. It's overplaying the FAIR card to the Nth degree.

IMO it SHOULD be open season every Tuesday AM or afternoon, whenever the league agrees is a reasonable time for everybody. Those who put in the time to pay attention to available guys and snipe those who are dropped should have the advantage. If you do the work, but can never get your guy except when the waiver order rolls around once a month, its just lame IMO. This plays heavily in the first month of a season when rookies show their colors good & bad.

Surely more experienced FF players will disagree, but I'd honestly like to know why. "Everybody gets a turn" is BS to me. Guess I was burned (like the Bears) a few too many seasons with injuries to multiple positions and simply no way to replace em all despite knowing who I wanted and putting in bids. I like to move my roster more than many so it's a huge restriction.

Sorry - I'm happy to start a fresh thread elsewhere on the topic if you guys or OP requests. GL with the league.

FABB is the most fair way to do a waiver system...waiver priority by record is the worst way to do it. A wide open FA isn't bad but most are playing fantasy for fun (regardless of how much the buy in is). Unless the platform used allows the commish to set a time for open free agency (ESPN does not), it usually means free agency is opening up at 3-4am and not everyone is able to get up at that time. But I get the logic behind an open free agency, just think a FABB is the best way to do a waiver system.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually I am the worst fantasy football player. I pick out players well before they peak based on talent I observe. In one league every player I took went on to become top fantasy choices two years later.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually I am the worst fantasy football player. I pick out players well before they peak based on talent I observe. In one league every player I took went on to become top fantasy choices two years later.

send me your lineup from 2 years ago please

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There's a chit tier level poster who had a league last year where he ruled like Hitler, vetoed trades then stole everyone's money. Apparently, CCS doesn't have very good success with Fantasy leagues.

Well damn, who would be low enough to steal someone's ffb money? I have a very good feeling that you're lying and can come up with ZERO proof to these allegations?

I'M BACK BITCHES

Hawk is just trying to throw the shade elsewhere to get everyone's mind off of when he stole everyone's money a few years ago in a league he started.

:hawked:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There's a chit tier level poster who had a league last year where he ruled like Hitler, vetoed trades then stole everyone's money. Apparently, CCS doesn't have very good success with Fantasy leagues.

Be sure to explain the difference between PPR and auction drafting in db70 says he wants to join

If he is in...I am in.

It would be nice to see how well his team holds up with no control over trades and the waiver wire order. He has been dodging me like crazy about restarting that league again anyhow.

(surprise, surprise)

I'll be in if he is in too.

I would like to be in db70's league. It would be worth putting up with him to win that league.

I am literally in and running all of your brains. It must of been horrible for you guys to not be able to stop thinking about me since the fantasy season ended last year...lol

It's been even worse for that pesky little Gnat cause he hasn't been able to not think about me since before the fantasy season even started last year after getting the boot.......twice.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I am literally in and running all of your brains. It must of been horrible for you guys to not be able to stop thinking about me since the fantasy season ended last year...lol

It's been even worse for that pesky little Gnat cause he hasn't been able to not think about me since before the fantasy season even started last year after getting the boot.......twice.

I get why you would kick me out of your league now...god forbid you have multiple people in your league that knows the difference between PPR and auction. makes it easier to cheat your way to a championship

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And this is why I don't play in leagues if I don’t know the people personally; especially if there is a powerful commish.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And this is why I don't play in leagues if I don’t know the people personally; especially if there is a powerful commish.

he wasn't a commissioner, he was a dictator. Even Goodell thought he was ridiculous

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well damn, who would be low enough to steal someone's ffb money? I have a very good feeling that you're lying and can come up with ZERO proof to these allegations?

I'M BACK BITCHES

Hawk is just trying to throw the shade elsewhere to get everyone's mind off of when he stole everyone's money a few years ago in a league he started.

:hawked:

What are you even talking about?

Stephen_Roto

CCS Podcast Guy
Donator
Liked Posts:

This is also why us CCS staff are stepping in to create something. While all in good fun to be competitive, we don't want to see people turning against each other. Especially you guys. Also, the whole free to play aspect.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is also why us CCS staff are stepping in to create something. While all in good fun to be competitive, we don't want to see people turning against each other. Especially you guys. Also, the whole free to play aspect.

CCS staff lmao

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
send me your lineup from 2 years ago please

LOL I stopped playing, but some of the players I picked were DeVonta Freeman in his rookie season, a second year tight-end from Philadelphia named Zach Ertz, a rookie receiver drafted by New Orleans named Brandin Cooks.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
he wasn't a commissioner, he was a dictator. Even Goodell thought he was ridiculous

You weren't even in the league so please tell how you would know anything about what happened in that league?

The league ran just fine and LameAss Poo won and got his money.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
we broke DB70

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You weren't even in the league so please tell how you would know anything about what happened in that league?

The league ran just fine and LameAss Poo won and got his money.

How many trades did you veto?? 5? 6? How many times did you threaten to change a players lineup to your liking?