Lavine agrees 4 yr 78 million with Kings (Bulls to match)

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Nope. You have to start somewhere. Cant keep cheaping out. Besides, Lavin is willing to put in the work. If he reached his potential, $20 million a year will be a bargain

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Let him walk.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Anyone know the breakdown. If it's frontloaded, I'd roll the dice. If it's back loaded, that's a tough pill to swallow.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I hope they don't match.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I hope they don't match.

They already have

G1Zu26ae7mZr2.gif

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Of course GarPax matches. But of course, double down to save face because most Bulls’ fans will continue to conflate the JB trade with this contract.

News flash: they are related but very separate transactions.

Predictable and sad.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
So if he hurts his surgically repaired knee(left), the contract changes.

I just want to see the breakdown. But knowing the Bulls were going to sign him anyways, the injury clause makes it a less tough pill to swallow. One of the Kings writers said it was 18.6m for the first year with standard 2016 CBA increases, but who the fuck knows. That means it's possibly 18.6/19.4/20.3/21.2 which then means the 78m reports are off, and the 80m are closer. But bleh, that's over 2m, small price to pay for the injury clause. However, if it were 21/20/19/18m + the clause, that's closer to par for the course come 2020 and every team has amassed a few shit contracts.

Some rumors suggest Stadpat Pax could have gotten him for under 70m with the same clause and full front load if they talked to him immediately. :facepalm:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It could be worse at least it isn’t 4 years 160 mil lol

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Lavine could still be very good. He was pretty rusty, but the athleticism was still there. I know people are bashing the FO, but if they didn’t match and he showed out in Sacramento, those same people would be bashing them for not matching.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Did people really expect them not to match? Otherwise you traded Butler straight up for Markkanen and Dunn. Way too early to not see out whether Lavine improves or not.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Did people really expect them not to match? Otherwise you traded Butler straight up for Markkanen and Dunn. Way too early to not see out whether Lavine improves or not.

I think its still would have been the best bulls could have done. Not sure why lavine is the central piece in the trade.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Nice to see the Kings do the work to put the injury terminology in the contract. I guess thats why Garpax was waiting for a competent front office to draw up the contract, even thought I am sure Paxson will get credit for it. Same deal with the bears and Kyle fuller, let the offering team do the work I guess.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

No you traded butler and justin patton, or butler and 16 for Markanen and Dunn. Bulls should have kept 16.