Lavine agrees 4 yr 78 million with Kings (Bulls to match)

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
There was no reason to offer Lavine a contract as a RFA. Let the market dictate his value and then decide to match or not.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
There was no reason to offer Lavine a contract as a RFA. Let the market dictate his value and then decide to match or not.

Thats one way to look at it, but we never know if he would have taken 4/64 either will we? Thats double what they paid felicio and a good prove it number. But then again, this NBA, teams want to sign bad deals so they spend enough money. Its a double edged sword, and since Zach is whining about needing to go thru the process, it did get him alot of money for one meeting.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
He really didnt rip the suns off. The suns inaccurately predicted that the bulls would be bad the next year. They lost the bet. I guess in hindsight it looks bad but not and bad as pax ripping of isiah in the EC trade and or pritchard ripping of pax in the lamarcus aldridge trade which was obvious when the trade was made.

Shrewd move nonetheless. I don't expect a trade like that to happen nowadays (though i'd rather them be conservative with draft picks than be like the Knicks/Nets). Funny thing is we started out that season like 1-9 or something, then Gordon started going nuts in the 4th quarters.

Far as LMA-Tyrus, they were always going to take Tyrus but in classic Bulls fashion they wanted to save a few bucks so they traded down to #4. I count that toward bad drafting rather than bad trading.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Sunk cost fallacy all over Madison Street.