Javy javy javy!!!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Contreras and Baez are starters. My fanboy crush is fulfilled.!!!!

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Do we get the reserves and pitchers tonight, as well?

edit -- yep, we do. No add'l Cubs, unless one gets onto the final pick ballot...

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It is nice to see for the most part that the players that deserve to be there are actually going. Way back to little league, it was the guys having the best seasons up to the midway point. I think my entire vote card made it to the NL team other than Bryce Harper, because, realistically, he did not deserve to go this year with his .218 average. But he is the only starter on either squad going on past accomplishments. It was a toss up between Suarez and Arenado at third for a starter, but it shows that fans actually are paying attention and not just voting for their favorites.

Finally, a reason to watch the all star game again.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
I'm glad that not only did he make the team, but he's starting. Great year so far for him. Hope he can keep it up the rest of the way.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
I'm glad that not only did he make the team, but he's starting. Great year so far for him. Hope he can keep it up the rest of the way.

Baez is one of the most underrated players in the league.... glad to see him get some kudos.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Baez is one of the most underrated players in the league.... glad to see him get some kudos.
Until this year Baez, Baez has been wildly inconsistant at the plate and in the field. Scouts from other teams would laugh at his poor plate discipline, maybe the worst in the league. He has been terrific this year and was picked for the all star team. How does any of that make him underrated?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Until this year Baez, Baez has been wildly inconsistant at the plate and in the field. Scouts from other teams would laugh at his poor plate discipline, maybe the worst in the league. He has been terrific this year and was picked for the all star team. How does any of that make him underrated?

flashy tags are the rage right?

Sammich

Liked Posts:

Underrated means undervalued. I did not say that he was really good before this year. Yes, he had lots of flaws, but he was much better than people made him out to be - hence "underrated".

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Underrated means undervalued. I did not say that he was really good before this year. Yes, he had lots of flaws, but he was much better than people made him out to be - hence "underrated".
Yes, underated does mean undervalued. When he sucked he was valued propely. This year he has played well and that has been acknowledged. So where has he been underrated.

In fact he has been properly rated in the past and this year

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

HJe has over a 3fWAR by the all star break. lol

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
HJe has over a 3fWAR by the all star break. lol
Yeah, that's great. And because he has done well he was recognized for the all star team. If he is recognized then how can he be underrated?

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Yeah, that's great. And because he has done well he was recognized for the all star team. If he is recognized then how can he be underrated?

You can debate the mechanics and Xs and Os of the game all day, but for a guy who averaged a .273 BA, 15 and 23 HRs, 10+ stolen bases in roughly 450 at-bats the past 2 years, I believe that he was not given enough credit and was overly criticized. You have your opinion, I have mine.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Gamechanger, infectious enthusiasm, team mates are trying to do what he does. If Russell is traded, its simply because they want to get Javy back to shortstop. His range is off the charts. The all star game would have been a national coming out party for Javy, but I am pretty sure everyone sees him weekly on sportscenter top 10.