Kris Bryant update

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Word is that he is beginning his rehab stint with Double A with the Tennessee Smokies today (Monday). Should be ready to rejoin the team to play in San Francisco.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Word is that he is beginning his rehab stint with Double A with the Tennessee Smokies today (Monday). Should be ready to rejoin the team to play in San Francisco.

Ugh I wish I had know sooner, i would have taken the family to Monday game.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Really kind of dumb. What is it going to hurt letting him take the next two weeks off and come back after the break? More rest or get it moving and see if it swells up over the break again?

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Really kind of dumb. What is it going to hurt letting him take the next two weeks off and come back after the break? More rest or get it moving and see if it swells up over the break again?

Good point. This scenario would be more likely if we had a stronger hold on the Central division right now.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Basically their giving him 1 or 2 games in Tennessee to have hom in SF by tomorrow or Wednesday..

What the rush? Let him play in Tennessee and have him ready for SD on Friday if he ready ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

PickSix

Liked Posts:
KB with an rbi single. Smokies up 3-0.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Good point. This scenario would be more likely if we had a stronger hold on the Central division right now.

thing is KB mentioned that he should have brought up the pain sooner and taken care of it. Its great he is destroying AA pitching, but just to play 3 or 4 games and take the all star break just makes me think they dont want KB worrying about his shoulder over the all star break. Its the left shoulder, the follow thru of the swing shoulder, pretty sure a healthy KB will get the cubs a stranglehold on the division.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
thing is KB mentioned that he should have brought up the pain sooner and taken care of it. Its great he is destroying AA pitching, but just to play 3 or 4 games and take the all star break just makes me think they dont want KB worrying about his shoulder over the all star break. Its the left shoulder, the follow thru of the swing shoulder, pretty sure a healthy KB will get the cubs a stranglehold on the division.

With the way the Brewers are playing this year, I would be surprised if we can get a stranglehold on the division at any point. It is going to be a close one down the stretch.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
With the way the Brewers are playing this year, I would be surprised if we can get a stranglehold on the division at any point. It is going to be a close one down the stretch.
Exactly...

Brewers are much better team then last year and can get better if they pull the trigger on trades this year..

Cubs starting pitching has question marks this year..
The offense can go a week scoring a bunch then a week laying eggs..

I wouldn't be surprised if it came down to the last head to head games and the final week...

CSF77

Liked Posts:
KB was only in Tenn 2 games to get his timing down. His shoulder went through strengthing rehab on the DL and it has responded fine.

He said his follow through is long and it wears on his shoulders after a while. So they addressed the issue fixed it and he is just getting game ready.

Should be back very soon.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Exactly...

Brewers are much better team then last year and can get better if they pull the trigger on trades this year..

Cubs starting pitching has question marks this year..
The offense can go a week scoring a bunch then a week laying eggs..

I wouldn't be surprised if it came down to the last head to head games and the final week...

Don’t really care what the Crew does. Cubs just need to focus on winning games. Nothing else. If they end up the WC then win that game. Noting else.

Worrying about records is distraction.

I take it as they have had some injury issues going on and underperforming starting pitching. That is what they needed to address. Not what the crew is doing.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Don’t really care what the Crew does. Cubs just need to focus on winning games. Nothing else. If they end up the WC then win that game. Noting else.

Worrying about records is distraction.

I take it as they have had some injury issues going on and underperforming starting pitching. That is what they needed to address. Not what the crew is doing.
WC spot not going to be easy either..

Some of you think this team is invincible and their just gonna cake walk their way into the playoffs and all, because hey they went to 3 straight NLCS and have great 2nd half records..

NEWS FLASH

This isnt quite the same team as the last 3 years, not even close to 2016 and the rotation isnt even close as being as stable to the rotation that was a bit shaky going into the 2nd half last year..

Lester a year older and who knows if he can continue the pace he been on...

Hendricks despite last night is still questionable with facing lineups a 3rd time through the order..

Quintana cant get pass the 5th inning

Monty/Chatwood are what you get from 5th/6th starters

Darvish is the key to how far they go the rest of the way, if he cant come back and be that guy.. last 60-70 games going to be a struggle

Brewers are like Sharks smelling a bit of blood in the water, as the cubs have shown vulnerability..
They see the division is there to be taken, if management willing to add , their going to be tougher down the stretch..

Then the cubs need to stay ahead of the Dodgers DBacks Braves Phillies Nationals Giants and Cardinals for the WC spots...

All within 2 to 8 games on the loss column..

Basically the cubs need to avoid losing streaks and allowing any to all of these teams to pass them by getting hot..

It not going to be easy...

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Some of you think this team is invincible and their just gonna cake walk their way into the playoffs and all, because hey they went to 3 straight NLCS and have great 2nd half records..

NEWS FLASH

This isnt quite the same team as the last 3 years, not even close to 2016 and the rotation isnt even close as being as stable to the rotation that was a bit shaky going into the 2nd half last year..

Hendricks despite last night is still questionable with facing lineups a 3rd time through the order..

Darvish is the key to how far they go the rest of the way, if he cant come back and be that guy.. last 60-70 games going to be a struggle

Brewers are like Sharks smelling a bit of blood in the water, as the cubs have shown vulnerability..
They see the division is there to be taken, if management willing to add , their going to be tougher down the stretch..

Then the cubs need to stay ahead of the Dodgers DBacks Braves Phillies Nationals Giants and Cardinals for the WC spots...

Basically the cubs need to avoid losing streaks and allowing any to all of these teams to pass them by getting hot..

Oh ye of little faith speakith

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Oh ye of little faith speakith
Not about having faith or being a cubbie KoolAde drinker..

About recognizing their weakness and the SP is their weakness right now

Their only going to go as far as their pitching takes them..

Tell me with all honesty you have 100% faith in their SP..

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

NEWS FLASH

Jesus, do you go to the doctor?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just to update why I give you a hard time with your over reactions.

Cubs through 87 games: 2015 47-40 2016 52-35 2017 43-44 2018 51-36

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Just to update why I give you a hard time with your over reactions.

Cubs through 87 games: 2015 47-40 2016 52-35 2017 43-44 2018 51-36
I get what their overall record is...
But
Their 13-12 last 25 games
We cant just overlook that

Their not exactly rolling along here and the big reason why is the SP...

Outside of Lester the rest of the rotation isnt exactly stable right now.
Who knows how long Lester going to be able to keep doing what he done

Im not saying they suck or are going to fall..

All im saying is they dont have anything wrapped up yet as some think on here...
The SP needs to improve and they really need Darvish to be the guy they hoped they got

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Dude Hendricks just went 8 innings. When does Joe ever let that happen???

Just tells me that Kyle was locked in and when that dude locks in he goes on a run.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Like I said if Q locks in also this team goes off. The O is better that it has been over the last 4 years. Ya I said it. That is with Rizzo scuffling. Almora hitting .300 Heyward hitting near .300. Zo healthy hitting near .300. Bryant returning soon. Baez in a career year. Contreras being Contreras. Schwarber not exacty sucking in LF and hitting bombs. Well he is still not what we expected yet but better.

Over all this team doesn’t need 5 aces to win. They need 5 guys pitching quality games. Which is 6 innings and giving up 2-3 runs on avg each 6 inning stint. If you get more great.

The Pen has been one of the league best with injury hitting all season. That just shows that Jed and Theo attacked depth this off season and it is working. Some of those under the radar stuff that no one notices.
Honestly if Yu returns then they need nothing. If he is out (last report was he threw again so square 1) then they need to make a deal. But I believe that they can go lesser vs for broke.