IST: Cubs @ Giants

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Heyward really turning it around with the bat this year
Yea, i never thought id ever be saying Heyward been more productive then Rizzo, which he has been the last month plus...

Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
So, anyone want to agree with me now that Monty not quite the answer for the playoff rotation?
Some of you had him as the no.2 starter ...

After his hot start, he pretty much has shown he basically a 5 starter at best ..
I think he makes the team better being in the pen and used as a spot starter

Last 4 starts

21IP 27 hits 8 walks 14 ER

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Javy Baez

Love to see him get 30/30 this year

18 HR 17 SB

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Schwarber gonna have to start swinging at those close corner pitches cause he hardly gets those pitches called balls...

Guy has such a good eye for the zone and it costing him with some bad strikes called...

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Javy! Javy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, anyone want to agree with me now that Monty not quite the answer for the playoff rotation?

After his hot start, he pretty much has shown he basically a 5 starter at best ..

Last 4 starts

Joe would never do that. He would run a 3 man rotation and a 4thman/bullpen game before running Monty or chatwood our every 4th start.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Joe would never do that. He would run a 3 man rotation and a 4thman/bullpen game before running Monty or chatwood our every 4th start.

Exactly..

Why i keep saying if their not going to bring someone in via trade that an upgrade to the rotation..

They really need Darvish to come back and be affective..
And
Hendricks and Quintana has to up their game like they did their last start

To me, that the biggest key to the 2nd half and a successful playoff run..

My confidence Meter is 50/50 on that happening right now as to why if the deal is right, im good with bringing someone else in and moving Monty back to the pen and doing whatever with Chatwood but i dont think theyll make that deal unless they have questions about Darvish return ..

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Last 4 starts

Think the game just works that way honestly. Lester and Monty carried the load while Q and Hendricks were scuffling. Now Q and Hendricks look locked in and Monty is playing to his talent.

I look at it as we got more that expected at a time that the team needed a over achievement.

We can get into a play off rotation closer to the dead line. By then we will know more about Yu’s future than now.

But to me that is the main factor. It is not Montgomery at all or Chatwood. It is if Yu comes back this year. If no then they have to rent. No other answer suffices. If yes then no they don’t. They only need 4 guys and I expect Chatwood off the roster in general

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Think the game just works that way honestly. Lester and Monty carried the load while Q and Hendricks were scuffling. Now Q and Hendricks look locked in and Monty is playing to his talent.

I look at it as we got more that expected at a time that the team needed a over achievement.

We can get into a play off rotation closer to the dead line. By then we will know more about Yu’s future than now.

But to me that is the main factor. It is not Montgomery at all or Chatwood. It is if Yu comes back this year. If no then they have to rent. No other answer suffices. If yes then no they don’t. They only need 4 guys and I expect Chatwood off the roster in general
Quintana has had a couple good starts now, but i wouldn't quite say Hendricks locked in based on just 1 start..

I get the playoff rotation if Darvish returns healthy and sticks would be him Lester Q and Hendricks..

I guess the million dollar question is, how much confidence does management have in Darvish health and do they risk not picking up an arm before the deadline that would be a legit playoff starter and not just a depth guy..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Quintana has had a couple good starts now, but i wouldn't quite say Hendricks locked in based on just 1 start..

I get the playoff rotation if Darvish returns healthy and sticks would be him Lester Q and Hendricks..

I guess the million dollar question is, how much confidence does management have in Darvish health and do they risk not picking up an arm before the deadline that would be a legit playoff starter and not just a depth guy..

The dead line should be the gauge honestly. I’ve said trade Underwood to the Pad’s for Ross. There already has been connections and Ross played with Darvish. So this is not a far reach. The issue comes if the Pads want to pack him and Hand to get a mega return.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
With the cubs having limited trade pieces this year and low rated prospects in the system..

I guess the other question for managment would be do they trade for that SP or do they strengthen the bullpen for the playoffs..

With Hendricks Quintana and Darvish basically being 5+ inning pitchers right now, their going to need guys in the pen that can get them at least 2 innings and in a series that could go 5 to 7 games, they cant just count on Monty Chisek Edwards and Strop every game, they go 2+ innings, their pretty much done for a couple days..
Morrow a concern too with his back and not being able to pitch more then an inning ..

So, be interesting to see what they do

chibears55

Liked Posts:
The dead line should be the gauge honestly. I’ve said trade Underwood to the Pad’s for Ross. There already has been connections and Ross played with Darvish. So this is not a far reach. The issue comes if the Pads want to pack him and Hand to get a mega return.
I can actually see some kind of packaged deal or multiple team trade being done with the cubs having limited trade pieces this year..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Not sure i like seeing Farrell in the 9th in a tied game..

Guess it shows a bit of the bullpen weakness right now

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Let get a run, get morrow in there and get out of SF with a series win

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I can actually see some kind of packaged deal or multiple team trade being done with the cubs having limited trade pieces this year..

Think Boston is a better match up for the Pads. Bost is looking to bolster their pennand Hand is the best arm there. Their 5 has been in revolution. Add to it they need another right SP. they are 3 deep from their he left with Polmz on the DL

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Nice job by Farrell holding them for 2 innings..

Let go offense

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Anyone needs this break badly it Rizzo
3 for last 33

I hope he takes a break from his appearances and just get himself refocused for the 2nd half...

They need him to get it going...

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Very disappointing game. The offense was horrible all series. I want to see a sweep in SD.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Put this loss on the bats..

0 for 7 RISP

14 LOB

Gotta go beat up on SD before the break, be nice to see both good pitching and hitting all weekend

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Very disappointing game. The offense was horrible all series. I want to see a sweep in SD.
Kinda what ive been harping on with the offense..
They go off and score a bunch for a series or two and then disappear for a bit..

Inconsistencies

They get baserunners for the most part but can't get them home...

They need need to get a couple of these guys rolling, like Rizzo, to help fill in the gaps